Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Suggestion!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 26, 2015
This probably won't be able to happen, but since your pirate can only talk to other players, I was thinking your pirate could talk to storyline people (Example Captain Avery, One-Eyed Jack, Catbeard, Mycroft Bones, etc). There could be 3 choices of what your pirate could say, instead of your companions doing all the talking. Each choice could be a different personality.

Example:
Avery: On the run from the Armada, are you? Well, I run a pirate haven here, not a charity. If you would like me to hide you, you'll have to work for it.

You: Pick one of the three choices
1. Sure!
2. Okay, what will I have to do?
3. Look, I was just trapped on an Armada ship, and you want me to work to have safety?

As you can see, the top choice was more of an enthusiastic person, the second choice is more of an eager person, and the third choice was more of a dramatic person who gets more angry about things.

-Elizabeth Voss level 70 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You're right, it's not likely to happen simply because of the time to code responses to NPCs. I remember in Free Realms there were a few quests where you were given a choice of responses; sometimes this didn't work too well - for example what if the player mouths off to Avery like that? What do you suppose his reaction would be?
a) "You're right, what was I thinking? How unreasonable of me to ask that."
b) "Maybe you should think it over, what other options do you have?"
c) "Why you mouthy little tatterdemalion! Be off with ye and never let me see your face!" Or maybe even "I'm clapping you in irons and sending you back to the Armada!"

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
I think that this is a great idea and would create more inclusive game-play. However, the process behind this would require multiple responses from Avery to eventually get the player to accept the quest. Also, they would have to re-hire the voice workers for each NPC in order to get an accurate answer and an acceptable storyline in place.
I've always wanted a game like this, but each character's answer might change their game, creating an overload of work on the part of the game developers.

Great idea though

1AthenaGirl1