Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Connection Issues

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
Okay between last night and today, I've been having constant issues with connection in this game and it's really frustrating. I checked my internet connection and it's fine, so I wondering why I keep having this issue. Does anybody have any tips or clues that can help with this issue?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I am sorry you are having this issue. I am not having any connection issues now, but when i was it was my cable line going to my house that was causing intermitten outages.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm sending them an email right now. I was in the middle of a battle and I actually won and guess what? I lost connection and now it's freezing up. I know if I quit now, I'll be forced to start over because it was a dungeon quest. This bites because I never had this issue before and with such frequency.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I had this problem and the cause was my router; have that checked, too.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
It's Thursday 11/10/16 and a few minutes ago I got kicked off Pirate 101 after completing a quest and getting a new companion. I tried logging back on 3 times, the first 2 times it loaded the character selection menu but nothing past that, the third time it only loaded the Pirate 101 flag that appears before you click and arrive at the character selection menu. Is the game having problems tonight? The regular internet is working fine. May try to load the game again.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
anecorbie on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
I had this problem and the cause was my router; have that checked, too.
I checked it out and it looks like router was indeed the issue. I don't want to have to buy a new router, so I sent my husband out to buy a new router cable wire. If it works out, then I'll know it's the router cable wire. If not, then I will have to get a new router (really hoping that won't have to be the case).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FairLady1882 on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
I checked it out and it looks like router was indeed the issue. I don't want to have to buy a new router, so I sent my husband out to buy a new router cable wire. If it works out, then I'll know it's the router cable wire. If not, then I will have to get a new router (really hoping that won't have to be the case).
Fingers crossed for you...

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
anecorbie on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
Fingers crossed for you...
Well I changed the wires, but the issue still persisted. However in the last four days, I noticed that things seem to be fine now. How I hope it stays that way!