Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Seasonal Arenas

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Ok, so I was requested to make a post about this idea though I would like to get this out there right now: I did not originally think of this idea, rather I was 'inspired' by Silver Angel's thread titled 'Arena' so credit goes to him.

Now, the idea: Seasonal Arenas (a.k.a: Holiday Arenas) that work just like the Smuggler's Arena. I've been thinking of some, like for Halloween you fight waves of undead/midnight monsters that get progressively harder and harder until you finally reach The Mad King (who rules over all creatures of the night) and once you complete the dungeon (or once you lose to the wave you were on) you're awarded Scrip or gear/pets corresponding with the difficulty you completed.

Some other 'Holiday' themes include:

Christmas - Jack Frost and his Evil Snowman Army

New Year's - Father Time challenges you to face off against waves of mini bosses you've faced down before during the main quest-line before reaching the final battle, which is a Battle Royale (or just a huge hoard) of the Bosses you've faced before. Or maybe they could do it where after a few waves, you face one Boss (from the start of the game) and repeat as the Bosses get harder (progressing through the storyline Bosses in order). So you'd fight the first boss, Fin, then the second, Gortez, etc etc all the way up to Kane. Obviously this would be a very long dungeon, but hopefully very worth it.

Thanksgiving - Simple: hoards of Turkeys are trying to eat YOU and the final boss is a Turducken.

Valentine's Day - Chastity (Boss) unleashes waves of Harpies (or Sirens) and you must help Cupid fend off her loveless assault. Why? Chastity is about loving secludedly (think of "marriage first") while Cupid has always been the Cherubim of Love and Passion. No more needs to be explained here.

Obviously more ideas can be thought up, these are just a few I was able to conjure from the top of my head. Lemme know what you think and/or what you'd like to add.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
Ok, so I was requested to make a post about this idea though I would like to get this out there right now: I did not originally think of this idea, rather I was 'inspired' by Silver Angel's thread titled 'Arena' so credit goes to him.

Now, the idea: Seasonal Arenas (a.k.a: Holiday Arenas) that work just like the Smuggler's Arena. I've been thinking of some, like for Halloween you fight waves of undead/midnight monsters that get progressively harder and harder until you finally reach The Mad King (who rules over all creatures of the night) and once you complete the dungeon (or once you lose to the wave you were on) you're awarded Scrip or gear/pets corresponding with the difficulty you completed.

Some other 'Holiday' themes include:

Christmas - Jack Frost and his Evil Snowman Army

New Year's - Father Time challenges you to face off against waves of mini bosses you've faced down before during the main quest-line before reaching the final battle, which is a Battle Royale (or just a huge hoard) of the Bosses you've faced before. Or maybe they could do it where after a few waves, you face one Boss (from the start of the game) and repeat as the Bosses get harder (progressing through the storyline Bosses in order). So you'd fight the first boss, Fin, then the second, Gortez, etc etc all the way up to Kane. Obviously this would be a very long dungeon, but hopefully very worth it.

Thanksgiving - Simple: hoards of Turkeys are trying to eat YOU and the final boss is a Turducken.

Valentine's Day - Chastity (Boss) unleashes waves of Harpies (or Sirens) and you must help Cupid fend off her loveless assault. Why? Chastity is about loving secludedly (think of "marriage first") while Cupid has always been the Cherubim of Love and Passion. No more needs to be explained here.

Obviously more ideas can be thought up, these are just a few I was able to conjure from the top of my head. Lemme know what you think and/or what you'd like to add.
ROFL The Turducken! Attacking turkeys! That's pure genius!
Personally, I would prefer that these Seasonal Arenas be shorter than the Smuggler's Arena, and maybe be a one-shot deal. Thereby making them less expensive in the Crown Shop.
With a single unique pet and unique gear - turkey hat, anyone? Just something fun to do, with enough reward to sweeten the pot.
Besides, during the season, certain bosses could have a chance of dropping these arenas.
P.S. I'm sorry but I would be on Chastity's side in that battle. The true love ideal of marriage.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
ROFL The Turducken! Attacking turkeys! That's pure genius!
Personally, I would prefer that these Seasonal Arenas be shorter than the Smuggler's Arena, and maybe be a one-shot deal. Thereby making them less expensive in the Crown Shop.
With a single unique pet and unique gear - turkey hat, anyone? Just something fun to do, with enough reward to sweeten the pot.
Besides, during the season, certain bosses could have a chance of dropping these arenas.
P.S. I'm sorry but I would be on Chastity's side in that battle. The true love ideal of marriage.
XD yeah I reread that part and every time I chuckle at the thought of a Pilgrim Turducken waging war on Skull Island.

I agree, make them one-shot Dungeons similar to what Wizard101 has where you can purchase them relatively cheaply (or obtain them as a drop from Seasonal Bosses) and farm that one Dungeon for that Season's Gear/Pet exclusive.

Lol I just googled Cupid's arch-enemy and ran with it, I'm all for that idea too, just trying to think outside the box. That would be a very difficult one to do though, if you made it to where Chastity was robbing everyone of their passion and love then that can kind of come off as sexist, which is what I was trying to avoid the most.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
XD yeah I reread that part and every time I chuckle at the thought of a Pilgrim Turducken waging war on Skull Island.

I agree, make them one-shot Dungeons similar to what Wizard101 has where you can purchase them relatively cheaply (or obtain them as a drop from Seasonal Bosses) and farm that one Dungeon for that Season's Gear/Pet exclusive.

Lol I just googled Cupid's arch-enemy and ran with it, I'm all for that idea too, just trying to think outside the box. That would be a very difficult one to do though, if you made it to where Chastity was robbing everyone of their passion and love then that can kind of come off as sexist, which is what I was trying to avoid the most.
How shall I put this in a PG-13 way? It's a battle of Virtuous Love vs. Profane Love. What if Cupid was depicted as a giant cupiggle? ( Like that cute piggle used in the Charm animation? ) and his forces are smaller cupiiggles with some equipped with the talent Charming Gaze?
I had a vision of your Turducken as a 3 headed fowl ( turkey, duck and chicken ) and since these models exist in game all the KI modelers have to do is stick them all on one body.
Could he and his forces be musketeers?
P101 also celebrates St. Patrick's Day.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
How shall I put this in a PG-13 way? It's a battle of Virtuous Love vs. Profane Love. What if Cupid was depicted as a giant cupiggle? ( Like that cute piggle used in the Charm animation? ) and his forces are smaller cupiiggles with some equipped with the talent Charming Gaze?
I had a vision of your Turducken as a 3 headed fowl ( turkey, duck and chicken ) and since these models exist in game all the KI modelers have to do is stick them all on one body.
Could he and his forces be musketeers?
P101 also celebrates St. Patrick's Day.
I love the Cupiggle idea, that could make him either the bad guy or you could play that as Chastity turned him into that and you have to defeat him to change him back (and fight her army of Piggles). The Charm idea is brilliant too.

XD Turducken = Thanksgiving Hydra pretty much. They HAVE to be Musketeers, with the Pilgrim hats and everything.

I'll try to think of something for St. Patrick's Day, I don't think we've come across anything similar to Leprechauns in the Spiral yet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
I love the Cupiggle idea, that could make him either the bad guy or you could play that as Chastity turned him into that and you have to defeat him to change him back (and fight her army of Piggles). The Charm idea is brilliant too.

XD Turducken = Thanksgiving Hydra pretty much. They HAVE to be Musketeers, with the Pilgrim hats and everything.

I'll try to think of something for St. Patrick's Day, I don't think we've come across anything similar to Leprechauns in the Spiral yet.
I've had a brain storm! Double sided arena gauntlets!
Premise: a four team gauntlet with 2 sides ( basically a 2 team PVP ) but with this twist - you can choose to play on the Evil Boss' side or the Good Boss' side. You get access to their minions & use only two companions! The side that wins gets a Boss reward, the side that loses gets a consolation prize ( so no hard feelings ). There will also be a Boss Chest that anyone can use.
For example ( using your Cupid/Chastity battle )
You choose a side & enter the gauntlet. The Boss Chastity asks for your aid in stemming the powers of Cupid, meanwhile Cupid asks you to help stop Chastity. Each boss has one cheat to be used randomly ( not every round ). You get 3 minions ( which should be enough to prevent long turns ).
Cupid's minions have Charming Gaze and Overwatch ( arrows, ouch ). As I said before they're cupiggles.
Chastity's minions have Dispel Magic and Bladestorm; they take the form of seraphs.
Battle ends when you get into the Boss' area ( like General Tso's Chicken. )

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Ehh it's your idea I dont need the credits lol.

It's a good one either way, anything interesting to keep me entertained...

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
I've had a brain storm! Double sided arena gauntlets!
Premise: a four team gauntlet with 2 sides ( basically a 2 team PVP ) but with this twist - you can choose to play on the Evil Boss' side or the Good Boss' side. You get access to their minions & use only two companions! The side that wins gets a Boss reward, the side that loses gets a consolation prize ( so no hard feelings ). There will also be a Boss Chest that anyone can use.
For example ( using your Cupid/Chastity battle )
You choose a side & enter the gauntlet. The Boss Chastity asks for your aid in stemming the powers of Cupid, meanwhile Cupid asks you to help stop Chastity. Each boss has one cheat to be used randomly ( not every round ). You get 3 minions ( which should be enough to prevent long turns ).
Cupid's minions have Charming Gaze and Overwatch ( arrows, ouch ). As I said before they're cupiggles.
Chastity's minions have Dispel Magic and Bladestorm; they take the form of seraphs.
Battle ends when you get into the Boss' area ( like General Tso's Chicken. )
I'm sold, when do we start production? XD

The only part I would change is the 'Enter Boss' Area' part; it'd be too easy for Swashbucklers to just Black Fog or go Hidden and sprint across the board. Maybe make the Bosses immune and force players to defeat the opposing Minions/Player(s)? Or have them defeat the enemy BEFORE entering the Boss' Area? At the point the Boss would flee in fear, that way you still cut down on long battles while keeping the entire dungeon engaging and challenging.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Holiday dungeons with unique holiday gear would be so epic!

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
I personally would love some seasonal arenas or holiday gauntlets/dungeons in general. They would give the players something to look forward to each year and are a way to pass the time when updates are still being worked on behind the scenes.

I especially love your Thanksgiving idea, LOL. Everything is reversed! Reminds me of the evil veggie dungeon in Wizard101 a bit. Nice thoughts!

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
I'm sold, when do we start production? XD

The only part I would change is the 'Enter Boss' Area' part; it'd be too easy for Swashbucklers to just Black Fog or go Hidden and sprint across the board. Maybe make the Bosses immune and force players to defeat the opposing Minions/Player(s)? Or have them defeat the enemy BEFORE entering the Boss' Area? At the point the Boss would flee in fear, that way you still cut down on long battles while keeping the entire dungeon engaging and challenging.
The trouble with defeating all enemies is that the defeated team would get ported out of the gauntlet to their last life fountain. Maybe defeat all minions as the first battle task, then threaten boss as the second task?

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Vanessa Mythdust on Oct 23, 2016 wrote:
I personally would love some seasonal arenas or holiday gauntlets/dungeons in general. They would give the players something to look forward to each year and are a way to pass the time when updates are still being worked on behind the scenes.

I especially love your Thanksgiving idea, LOL. Everything is reversed! Reminds me of the evil veggie dungeon in Wizard101 a bit. Nice thoughts!

~Virtuous Vanessa
Lol XD I'll pat myself on the back for that one then, I'm glad I was able to contribute a little bit for once. Can we give the Turducken an Old English voice as well, or have them speak in Shakespeare? I know I'll be looking forward to this dungeon every year just for the gut-busting laughs XD

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Lol XD I'll pat myself on the back for that one then, I'm glad I was able to contribute a little bit for once. Can we give the Turducken an Old English voice as well, or have them speak in Shakespeare? I know I'll be looking forward to this dungeon every year just for the gut-busting laughs XD
"How now, how darest thou come upon mine lands, thou knave! Forsooth, 'twill be thy mortal end!" ( gobble )

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
"How now, how darest thou come upon mine lands, thou knave! Forsooth, 'twill be thy mortal end!" ( gobble )
ROTFL! I'm done, I'm dying, you win hands down XD if they actually put that in there, so many people are gonna die busting a gut XD

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Seasonal Arenas would be cool, but I would hope you couldn't select the thanksgiving arena in February. If they implemented this when you go into the smugglers arena you should be giving the option to take on the seasonal monsters or the regular but the seasonal monsters would change. How about fighting skeletons on talk like a pirate day and dragons for Chinese new year? On non-holidays they should still offer something, what I am thinking is if they add seasonal arenas they divide it up like this:

January 11th - 31st - Chinese New Year (Chinese new year themed monsters)
February 1st - 29th - Valentines Day (Valentines Day themed monsters)
March 1st - 31st - Saint Patrick's Day (Saint Patrick's Day themed monsters)
April 1st - 30th - Easter (Easter themed monsters)
May 1st - 31st - Flower Moon (May is the month of the Flower Moon so give may flower themed monsters)
June 1st - 29th - ?
June 30th - July 7th - Fourth Of July (Fourth Of July themed monsters)
July 8th - 27th - Christmas In July (Christmas themed monsters)
July 28th - August 31st - ?
September 1st - 20th - Talk Like A Pirate Day (September 19th 2017 - Pirate themed monsters)
September 21st - October 7th - Oktoberfest (German themed monsters - not WWI or WWII themed)
October 8th - November 2nd - Halloween (Halloween themed monsters)
November 3rd - 30th - Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving themed monsters)
December 1st - 27th - Christmas (Christmas themed monsters)
December 28th - January 10th - New Years (New Years themed monsters)

I hope everyone understood that, to sum it up I think there should be 15 different seasonal arenas that rotate depending on the time of year, that said I don't know what to do for June 1st - 29th or July 28th - August 31st, maybe the community can vote for what those seasons are.