Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buccaneers & Swashbucklers

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Is it just me, or has the meta between Buccaneers and Swashbucklers completely turned on its head?

Not that I'm angry, I'm just confused. Last time I had a serious PvP session vs a Buck (before Kane update), they could barely hit me without powers or TtT, but next thing I know (after Kane update), I can't dodge anything once they hit TtT. Aren't Swashbucklers supposed to have uber cool dodge? Or are Bucks meant to be the bane of squishy Swashies now?

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
ShadowStrikerV2 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Is it just me, or has the meta between Buccaneers and Swashbucklers completely turned on its head?

Not that I'm angry, I'm just confused. Last time I had a serious PvP session vs a Buck (before Kane update), they could barely hit me without powers or TtT, but next thing I know (after Kane update), I can't dodge anything once they hit TtT. Aren't Swashbucklers supposed to have uber cool dodge? Or are Bucks meant to be the bane of squishy Swashies now?
It is most likely due to the new accuracy added as we lvl'd up. The reason 65 was really awkward was because our stats were only half way to there potential normally at this point so ya. Plus even though Swashbuckler is claimed to be this "dodgy" class they actually don't dodge that much unless they're in elusive. Bladestorm 3 also goes off strength so if they pop up a strength Buff and get one critical you're probably going to get chained down. Also with around 9 different possible chains to trigger from a top Buck (Relentless 3, Blade 3, Veng 3) the chances they will miss more or less of those went to more of around I would 70% chance the Buck lands?

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
ShadowStrikerV2 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:

To put it simply, the scales are swinging. The last time it ended on unbalance (literally I could have multiple accuracy buffs on my most accurate and still not hit) it's tilting again towards an inverse, and will not stop till it rests. Not complaining about the dodge, comes with the territory, just pointing out the usual rythm of it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
It is most likely due to the new accuracy added as we lvl'd up. The reason 65 was really awkward was because our stats were only half way to there potential normally at this point so ya. Plus even though Swashbuckler is claimed to be this "dodgy" class they actually don't dodge that much unless they're in elusive. Bladestorm 3 also goes off strength so if they pop up a strength Buff and get one critical you're probably going to get chained down. Also with around 9 different possible chains to trigger from a top Buck (Relentless 3, Blade 3, Veng 3) the chances they will miss more or less of those went to more of around I would 70% chance the Buck lands?
With my dodge, Bucks usually miss me 3 out of 4 times; however that one time - chain city! ( and if I'm really unlucky, they get the chance to de-buff me. I hate de-buffs )

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Why does Blade 3 go off strength and not accuracy? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me unless it's specifically meant to give Buccaneer's yet another edge.

It's so weird. I tried going in with Elu 4 on my Swash, and even then, once a Buck hits TtT, there's no dodging at all. Is this on purpose?