Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your current favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
My favorites are and will always be Emmett, Gracie and Barnabus. Some that make it on my wop list are Wing Chun, Lucky Jack Russel, Nausica, Bonnie Anne, Louis LeBisque, Contessa, Duck Holliday, and of course Egg Shen in no particular order.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2010
(Note: I am a Witchdoctor so these companions work well with my strategy)

My favorites include:
Cornelius From the Hoodoo Bundle, he has excellent constant attacks like the energizer bunny with Go Bananas!, Relentless, and Second Chance (I keep his accuracy boosted) and I also have him equipped with Repel Boarders, which is one of my favorites as I like to send my troops out in front of me and cast spells from the rear.

Ratbeard is an excellent wall, and the best wall I've come across so far. He is perfect for protecting myself and my more squishy (low defense and HP) troops. Give him Repel Boarders, Hold the Line, and Blade Storm and he works wonders to protect the rest of your gang. Hide a Musketeer or Witchdoctor behind him and blast away! For his talents I recommend boosting up his Armor, Resistance, Health, and Strength for a more tanky Tank.

Lucy Sterling (recolor of Sarah Steele, available in Crown Shop). Though the Sky Snake that Witchdoctors obtain with quests has that amazing flanking, Lucy is still better. I double up her Repel Boarders and Blade Storm and use her to really cut through the playing field. Just keep her away from Buccaneers and Musketeers. She's deadly if you use her right!

Bonnie Anne Her Double Tap, Burst Fire, and Overwatch keep her hitting over and over and over. Keep her safe behind a buccaneer and she'll do wonders. Use her Scatterblast when enemies have clustered together for maximum damage!

Martin Valvida (Available after unlocking in Crown Shop). This undead monkey is nuts! In a good way. He is the only bucc I know of with magic attacks! After taking a beating he can heal himself with a drain. He is also a brutal force with Relentless, Blade Storm, Vengeance Strike, and Riposte. Since he already has crazy armor, boost up his resistance to make him tougher against magic. Increase his dodge if you'll be using Riposte and you've got a scary good companion on your hands.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
My all-time favorite is Louis LeBisque. Some others I like are Buffalo Bill, Duck Holliday, sorta Contessa, Mormo a lot, Subodai, and the Samoorai Musketeer.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is an interesting question, in my opinion the favorite companions as a player are Bonnie Anne, El Toro, Zeena, Kan po and Contessa.

Bonnie Anne- For her raw power and long range. With burst shot and double tap, this is one powerful character.

El Toro- A fast character, with great power and speed. With multi attacks and super hits, this companion is force to be reckon with.

Zeena- This side companion was a surpirse in battle. I may have used her very little in battle,however she was very powerful and strong.

Kan Po-Early on as a , this is a powerful character to use in battle. It's like saying " hit them with a big stick ". Kan Po delivered it well.

Contessa- What can I say, this unicorn have speed and power.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Nausica is great. I like to put firstmate boon on her and watch the destruction.

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
Using Sarah Steele, as a Swashbuckler, works great with my strategy of hiding from the fight until we can both strike with the highest damage, though her movement distance is still a bit low for me. I like fighting with Old Scratch and Lucky Jack, too. The companions are probably one of the best features of Pirate101 and a main reason (combined with strategic turns) that drove me to P101 instead of W101

1AthenaGirl1

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I just Iago as a Privy and I am loving him, he is my current favourite companion

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Bonnie Anne because she has amazing epics and talents and is also good as a character. She has been the last one standing multiple times in battles and has many times pulled through and won it.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Musteatsoup on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
My favorites are and will always be Emmett, Gracie and Barnabus. Some that make it on my wop list are Wing Chun, Lucky Jack Russel, Nausica, Bonnie Anne, Louis LeBisque, Contessa, Duck Holliday, and of course Egg Shen in no particular order.
Louis LeBisque because of his bombs.

+-Morgrim Ashburn-+

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
I share the same opinion with most of you, one of my favorite characters personality wise is Monkey King.

~Loyal Evelyn Everhart 13

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I use flan Flanders because I always use black fog on all my companions then she increases everyone's agility.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I thought Flan Flanders was supposed to be a guy. Flan doesn't sound like a girls name to me.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
I thought Flan Flanders was supposed to be a guy. Flan doesn't sound like a girls name to me.
I think(like alot of things in the game) it's supposed to be a reference.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Buona domanda, amico. My three top favorites are Sergeant Shepard, Subodai, and Ridolfo Capoferro.

Fiera di vela, amico!

Ensign
Jan 12, 2015
Im only at the first ebcounter with the duck of death but so far my favorite companions are: batacuda, ghost singer, dead mike, and romba (for any who dont know (crazed watermole spearman)

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Is easily Old Scratch (corn is tied with mormo for second) just because of those boosts anyway
Russel is probably one of the best privys
Barney, I've found him better then Peter, hah.
Chantal or Duck, one of those two
Sarah, Fan, or Ridolfo.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
For performance, I would have to say Chantal. In my opinion, she is the best companion in the game. I also like El Toro and Ratbeard for the funny comments they make.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2009
I enjoy Kan Po. His dialogue often acts like an inner voice to the push and pull of Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne. Always offering words of wisdom and allowing me to choose without interference, curious to see who I become, never selfish. Calm and yet direct when the occasion requires it. Topped with his "Dragonfly" affectation and his older voice (compared to the others) he, for a young sky pirate whose parents have perished, almost fills that parental void whereas the others are merely friends, comrades, and crew members of convenience.

Also, watching him go on a tear with his staff and wiping out two or three enemies in an unbroken string of criticals, Blade Storm, and Relentless with some Ripostes and First Strikes for good measure courtesy Raven's Cry is always awesome. Sometimes it's like watching a Kung Fu movie.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Sarah Steele, El Toro and Fan Flanders

Ratbeard,Bosun Budd and Dead Mike

Dan Drake, Duck Holliday and Chicken Ranger (too many birds lol)

Catbeard,Ghost Singer and Wing Chun

Uga Buga,Eep Opp Ork Ah Ah, Doctor Noh

And that's only a few of them!

Hardy Quinn
Swashbuckler Extraordinare

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
It's Fan Flanders, not Flan. "Flan" does sound like a boy name, don't you think?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Welcome to the Message Boards, Ellie, Lynxlover2023 and 1AthenaGirl1!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Right now I'm using Fan Flanders, Sarah Steele, and Catbeard. I wanted Fan Flanders (obviously), one Kraken Skulls Companion, and one that I received just from the Quest.

However, there have been a few times where I forgot to wake one of my relieved crew-mates, and Gracie Conrad has showed up on my battle grid. However, she is an amazing Companion (I love her Summon [especially what she summons] and how it explodes if one of the enemies destroy it, plus her land mine is pretty nice too; I Hide all of my crew, and, not knowing what to do, most enemies will just attack the land mine aimlessly) and she worked several times. Even when all of my crew (including myself as my Pirate) had died in one fight in Aquila, Gracie Conrad was the last one standing who won the battle. She exceeded and triumphed.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Now it's RatBeard and Bonnie Anne, some times I call her Bon Bon :3