Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quick Question

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Just a quick question since I don't normally work on Pets (at least not now, been too busy trying to hit level cap):

Is it possible to get a pet with Rank 3 Elusive, Rank 2 First Strike and Rank 2 Riposte? I know it'd have to take a miracle, what I'm asking is if it's possible. If so, that gives me hope and something to work towards, if not then I know not to waste my time.

Thanks in advance!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
Just a quick question since I don't normally work on Pets (at least not now, been too busy trying to hit level cap):

Is it possible to get a pet with Rank 3 Elusive, Rank 2 First Strike and Rank 2 Riposte? I know it'd have to take a miracle, what I'm asking is if it's possible. If so, that gives me hope and something to work towards, if not then I know not to waste my time.

Thanks in advance!
I would say it's certainly possible, as those talents do exist at rank 1; but just finding the players who have these talents on one pet & then morphing that pet with all those talents will be a daunting task.

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
If you need a pet with grants elusive, turn the tide, and or relentless, I gotcha you. You can set up an IG meet up if you want.

Welcome back me

Matthew Walker

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
As far as I know, you cant get the same talent twice. So rank 2 is pretty much impossible.

Even if it was, a pet level 70 only has 4 talents, so...

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
I would say it's certainly possible, as those talents do exist at rank 1; but just finding the players who have these talents on one pet & then morphing that pet with all those talents will be a daunting task.
Hmm, so I'd have to find another player with Grants Elusive Rank 1 to hatch with my pet that has it, then I have to get that Talent to manifest as Elusive Rank 2, then I gotta get ANOTHER person (or maybe the same person will suffice?) with Grants Elusive Rank 1 to hatch until I get Grants Elusive Rank 3? Sorry, it's been so long I've forgotten how 'upgrading' the Talents works.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Silver Angel on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
As far as I know, you cant get the same talent twice. So rank 2 is pretty much impossible.

Even if it was, a pet level 70 only has 4 talents, so...
If you pet manifests the same Talent twice, that Talent goes up a Rank. If I manifest Elusive Rank 2 and then manifest Elusive Rank 1, that goes to Elusive Rank 3. This is why maxing out Talents is only possible through Gear and/or Pets; getting Riposte 5 and First Strike 5 requires a Pet with Riposte 2 and First Strike 2 (the Grant versions) or Gear that Grants those Talents. Pets are by far the better route to go because, unlike Gear, you don't have to constantly 'upgrade' every 10 levels.

If the new level cap has Pets learning up to 4 Talents now, then I could throw Relentless in there. Correct me if I'm wrong, everyone, but I'm under the impression that once you manifest something like Elusive 2, you can transfer that to another pet that can manifest it as well rather than having to constantly manifest Elusive 1 twice to do so? If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear how it actually works but from what I remember way back when, once you manifest a Talent as Rank 2 or above and Hatch, the offspring can manifest the new higher ranked Talent.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
HoodooNerd on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
If you need a pet with grants elusive, turn the tide, and or relentless, I gotcha you. You can set up an IG meet up if you want.

Welcome back me

Matthew Walker
The Elusive and Relentless Grants would be perfect, though I must request some time to get back into the game. Currently I'm trying to power my way through the main quests so I can hit level cap and focus on my pet, right now all of my gold seems to be going towards ship upgrades and gear upgrades until then.

On another note: do you by chance happen to have the Unrestrained Spirit pet? I've been trying to get that pet for ages but it seems every single Dollar General I've come across no longer carries the Pirate101 cards. I'd love to hatch to get that pet, then hatch for the Elusive and Relentless talents if possible. If not I can just message you when I'm ready to hatch for the Talents, the pet itself is not entirely a big deal at the moment.

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
I just got a 3 figure pay check from some work, and I have to go to Dollar General soon, so I'll see about getting that pet. Any other pet you would like if I can't find it?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Nightblood1995 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
If you pet manifests the same Talent twice, that Talent goes up a Rank. If I manifest Elusive Rank 2 and then manifest Elusive Rank 1, that goes to Elusive Rank 3. This is why maxing out Talents is only possible through Gear and/or Pets; getting Riposte 5 and First Strike 5 requires a Pet with Riposte 2 and First Strike 2 (the Grant versions) or Gear that Grants those Talents. Pets are by far the better route to go because, unlike Gear, you don't have to constantly 'upgrade' every 10 levels.

If the new level cap has Pets learning up to 4 Talents now, then I could throw Relentless in there. Correct me if I'm wrong, everyone, but I'm under the impression that once you manifest something like Elusive 2, you can transfer that to another pet that can manifest it as well rather than having to constantly manifest Elusive 1 twice to do so? If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear how it actually works but from what I remember way back when, once you manifest a Talent as Rank 2 or above and Hatch, the offspring can manifest the new higher ranked Talent.
Where did you get that info? I've morphed hundreds pets and I've never seen talents adding up like that.

I have pets with rank 3 talents but its only rank 1 + rank 2.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Silver Angel on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
Where did you get that info? I've morphed hundreds pets and I've never seen talents adding up like that.

I have pets with rank 3 talents but its only rank 1 + rank 2.
Somewhere on the Hatchery thread. Are you Hatching with yourself or someone else? From what I've read, Hatching with others is better than by yourself. And if that's how it technically works, then there's honestly no way to max out our Class Talents without wasting up all 4 Talent slots for 2 Rank 2 Talents, which isn't even worth it and actually demotes KI's Update. It would make far more sense for a Rank 2 or 3 Talent obtainable on another pet without having to go through the combination process; we DID spend forever hatching pets to obtain these Talents afterall, they should be permanent as a show of how hard we worked on our pets.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My experience is the same as Silver Angel's. I don't remember ever seeing talents "stack" unless it was two versions of the same thing. For example, Charm 1 is a talent. Charm 2 is a different talent. If you have both of these talents manifest on the same pet, that pet effectively has the "Charm 3" talent (even though it is not listed as such).

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Indigo Ring on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
My experience is the same as Silver Angel's. I don't remember ever seeing talents "stack" unless it was two versions of the same thing. For example, Charm 1 is a talent. Charm 2 is a different talent. If you have both of these talents manifest on the same pet, that pet effectively has the "Charm 3" talent (even though it is not listed as such).

-Indigo
Interesting, my bad I was under false assumptions then. Thank you for clearing that up for me, so it is possible to get Grants (Talent) Rank 2 instead of having to get two Rank 1 of the same Talents?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Nightblood1995 on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
Somewhere on the Hatchery thread. Are you Hatching with yourself or someone else? From what I've read, Hatching with others is better than by yourself. And if that's how it technically works, then there's honestly no way to max out our Class Talents without wasting up all 4 Talent slots for 2 Rank 2 Talents, which isn't even worth it and actually demotes KI's Update. It would make far more sense for a Rank 2 or 3 Talent obtainable on another pet without having to go through the combination process; we DID spend forever hatching pets to obtain these Talents afterall, they should be permanent as a show of how hard we worked on our pets.
Your source doesnt seem quite reliable, could just be another "myth" people like to make up.

Now if you showed me a quote from Decius that's another story.

Hatching with people isnt much different than by yourself, the only advantage is getting "new blood" because after a while by yourself you're stuck with the same powers/talents over and over.

And even then, it can take a very long time if you keep getting new pets.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
In my previous post I should have said " I don't remember ever seeing talents 'stack' unless it was two variant versions of the same thing."

As I understand it, exactly identical skills (including the same name) don't stack. At least, I have never seen it happen.

-Michael

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Indigo Ring on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
In my previous post I should have said " I don't remember ever seeing talents 'stack' unless it was two variant versions of the same thing."

As I understand it, exactly identical skills (including the same name) don't stack. At least, I have never seen it happen.

-Michael
OH! So if I wanted Elusive Rank 2, I'd have to manifest Elusive Rank 2 (which means you can't take Elusive Rank 1 and add it with another Elusive Rank 1) and if I wanted Elusive Rank 3, I'd have to manifest Rank 1 and 2 for them to combine as Rank 3. I gotcha now, so that means the Rank 2 versions are separate Talents that don't need to be combined (just super rare I'd imagine). My apologies, my thoughts were completely wrong.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Also... there's a difference between Elusive and *grant* Elusive... to my knowledge grant rank 2 dont even exist.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Silver Angel on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
Also... there's a difference between Elusive and *grant* Elusive... to my knowledge grant rank 2 dont even exist.
It would have to, otherwise Privateers wouldn't be able to max out their Talent. That's why I'm confused: KI says the only way to max out Talents is to use Pets and Gear, but to get it from Gear means sacrificing stats and possibly other given Powers in better gear, while Pets are the more reliable form. But if they can only grant 1 Rank, then the entire point of capping Talents is lost; there's no reward in hatching for the more difficult to obtain Grants Talents.

And yes, I'm well aware of the differences. I'm not going to put 'Grants' before every single Talent simply because I would think it'd be obvious what I meant.

After a quick Google search, all of the Grants Talents are indeed only Rank 1, which (like I said) confuses me. There's really no benefit, then, to obtaining the Grants Talents if all you're getting is a single Rank. First Strike 4 only has an increased Crit Rate while First Strike 5 also has the damage boost, which is pretty unfair and feels like KI is kind of mocking us by saying "You can't have this". Hopefully, once Crafting hits the Skyways we'll be able to 'customize' our gear with Gems or something to max out our Talents.

Guess if I do go the Talents route I'd have to pick: Elusive, Relentless, Turn the Tide, Second Chance.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Nightblood1995 on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
It would have to, otherwise Privateers wouldn't be able to max out their Talent. That's why I'm confused: KI says the only way to max out Talents is to use Pets and Gear, but to get it from Gear means sacrificing stats and possibly other given Powers in better gear, while Pets are the more reliable form. But if they can only grant 1 Rank, then the entire point of capping Talents is lost; there's no reward in hatching for the more difficult to obtain Grants Talents.

And yes, I'm well aware of the differences. I'm not going to put 'Grants' before every single Talent simply because I would think it'd be obvious what I meant.

After a quick Google search, all of the Grants Talents are indeed only Rank 1, which (like I said) confuses me. There's really no benefit, then, to obtaining the Grants Talents if all you're getting is a single Rank. First Strike 4 only has an increased Crit Rate while First Strike 5 also has the damage boost, which is pretty unfair and feels like KI is kind of mocking us by saying "You can't have this". Hopefully, once Crafting hits the Skyways we'll be able to 'customize' our gear with Gems or something to max out our Talents.

Guess if I do go the Talents route I'd have to pick: Elusive, Relentless, Turn the Tide, Second Chance.
Then your path is clear: use pet and gear and sacrifice stats, KI never said it would be easy... and it shouldnt be.

But yeah... we're all dreaming of crafting...

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Silver Angel on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Then your path is clear: use pet and gear and sacrifice stats, KI never said it would be easy... and it shouldnt be.

But yeah... we're all dreaming of crafting...
It has nothing to do with being easy, I'm all for hard to obtain Gear/Pet Talents but the point is this:

Riposte relies on the Player's Dodge, the higher your Dodge the better your chances of activating Riposte. As of right now, if you were to max out Riposte, you lose Dodge which in essence defeats the purpose of getting gear to max out your Talent (the one available to only my Class by default) in the first place. Am I saying I should be able to Dodge every auto? No, but what I am saying is I lose A LOT of Dodge when I swap out for my rightfully-given Talent. If I choose to grab Trinkets with Dodgy stats then I lose a lot of Power, so in other words no matter what you try to do you lose out on a major stat that quite frankly defeats the purpose of Mastering your class.

Some Talents I agree should be Rank 1 only (Second Chance 2 for example would be incredibly OP on a Bucc or Swash with Relentless 2) and some other classes shouldn't be able to obtain the full Ranks of Class-Specific Talents (Elusive for example). But when it's for my own Class, that's where I have a slight issue. There's no benefit in gear with Powers over Stats; Powers are a one-shot deal and once they're gone you're left with your stats to rely on. I'd much rather have a Pet with Power Grants than have it on gear, at least then my pet is more reliable anyways.

Anyways this is getting way off topic, I now know Rank 1 is the limit so I know to save my time and gold and energy. Thanks guys, you all rock!