Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Weapons - Thank You!

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
If you play a melee class, you've got it good. There is almost no weapon you can't use. There are lots of powers, lots of stats, and lots of combos for you. Not so for ranged classes. There are plenty of great weapons, but range severely limits what we can use. Three range simply rules out a weapon. It will make one totally unfit for PvP and force them to struggle extremely through PvE.

Looking at the weapons from the Dreadnaught, I was initially very unexcited in the Test Realm. However, the changes made between then and the release to the live realm changed everything. We now have a 5-range weapon that we don't have to be a Champion to buy/use. We have all kinds of options. Now, the Staff of Power, Darkmoor Deathspitter, Swivel Gun, and several of the new Haywire muskets are competing for our attention.

This is exactly what I've loved about Pirate101. There's not one gear set that everyone is using or farms for, there is a huge variety. Now that's true with Pirate101 ranged weapons again. We're even seeing people start to mess with Melee-Musk again. I just wanted to note that I'm very excited about the new weapons in the pack and from the gauntlet. Thanks to the team for their hard work!

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I agree. The design team seems to be looking out for all of us and it is highly appreciated.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
it would be nice to see some new shooty/stabby weapons (that have cool abilities)

Ensign
Sep 13, 2011
deadbeatdream on Oct 10, 2016 wrote:
it would be nice to see some new shooty/stabby weapons (that have cool abilities)
I agree. Shooty/stabby weapons seem to have been left out in both the haywire line and the ashes pack. Disappointed.

Developer
crimson scourge on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
I agree. Shooty/stabby weapons seem to have been left out in both the haywire line and the ashes pack. Disappointed.
Pretty sure there's a shooty/stabby in the Haywire series.

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
Ratbeard on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
Pretty sure there's a shooty/stabby in the Haywire series.
There is one weapon combination missing though: Staffy/Smashy. I've collected all 19 of the dreadnaught weapons, why not make it an even 20 by adding a Staffy/Smashy?

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
crimson scourge on Oct 12, 2016 wrote:
I got this weapon type from the Dreadnaught, so I can confirm that it does exist :D

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Thanks kingsisle for the weapons and new dungeon and happy almost birthday

Ensign
Sep 13, 2011
I stand corrected; 'haywire armada blade' dropped this morning. Happy.