Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Increase the Spawn Rate for the Rouge Dreadnought

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 09, 2015
Alright so tons of people including myself have been waiting for this thing to show up for probably 24 hours now and no I didn't wait 24 full hours. I stayed in the skyway for several hours, fell asleep, and woke up today to hear the blasted thing thing didn't even show up. That is very ridiculous, you have more of a chance getting Baar and all the haywire companions than the actual dreadnought showing up.

One Eyed Jack said this is suppose to be "rare" but how is it rare if it never shows up at all? Please just make this dreadnought spawn more often, there was no need to make it not show up at all. 24 hours shouldn't pass and the thing still hasn't been sighted.

-Merciless Blaze Holystone.

p.s (Please make this more common. :/)

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
So I've been realm hopping for 1.5 hours now, and I've noticed something.

The new Dreadnaught either isn't there, or it's model appears then disappears as I jump into the realm (this part may need to be referred to the bug/glitch department).

I know that it's meant to be a rare instance dungeon, however this isn't what's concerning me. What's concerning me is the eager crowd of players hovering around on Avery realm and the mood that I'm getting every time I hop back there.

It's changed from Eager to Impatient to Agitated to Let's not bother waiting, I'm off.

I think that as a new update, this is creating a negative first impression, which is far from desirable.

So maybe you could increase the spawn rate for the first 2 weeks, then ease it back to where you want it to be, or to find a happy middle ground?

I reckon that the ideal scenario (for me at least) would be to have the Dreadnaught always appear in 1 realm, and as soon as it is defeated (or 10 minutes after,) have it appear in a different realm.

On other new, I'm really happy that there is a new furniture pack, even though it flies in the face of Blind Mew's declarations of no armada companions ever.

King Crimson aka Corrupt Grace.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I waited for close to two hours last night (not sure exactly how long); waited two hours exactly this morning (timed it), and no dread.

-Indigo

Developer
We're working on something exactly like you describe: turn it way up and dial it back over time.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Ratbeard on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
We're working on something exactly like you describe: turn it way up and dial it back over time.
I hope it's soon or else it's gonna be a long weekend...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's still not spawning nearly enough - and if it spawns on one server, it should appear on ALL servers!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 8, 2016 wrote:
It's still not spawning nearly enough - and if it spawns on one server, it should appear on ALL servers!
Actually I've found that the spawn may be a bit too frequent now, as I have on more than 1 occasion found it, ported to avery to raise the alarm (where people are still fighting over the significance of the Scout and why won't you let it live? DON'T KILL IT YOU RADISH!{BEST. INSULT. EVER.}) then proceeded to fight and board it with my fellow pirates.

After defeating the clockworks within I left, re-boarded my ship and sailed back into the skyway, to only see another dreadnaught being shot down by more pirates.

Being able to do 2 runs within 2 minutes of each other feels a bit to frequent.

Also, I've noticed that realm hopping can yield up to 5 encounters per 2 hours on average for me, more frequently if (as one genius pirate showed me) you're in a group chat with multiple pirates all realm hopping on different pages and in different directions (1 pirate starts in deacon and goes down the page, another starts in Gantry and goes up.) Then when 1 finds the battle, they either notify the others, or if they're fast enough, slide into the dock and hit the team up button so that the other pirates across all the realms get ported into the dungeon instantly.

This is good though. The developers need feedback on how we're finding the new spawn rates

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 8, 2016 wrote:
I would think that each instance should be independent of the other realms since none of the other dungeons are run where, if you have a full crew in the dungeon in Realm Avery, no one can get in in Realm Vadima.