Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The new armada companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 01, 2011
WIll the new clockwork companions from the Ashes of the Armada Pack get any names like their mob counterparts do?It takes out of its flair and mystery when you dont see its latin name

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Haven't seen any Armada Companions yet. The distribution seems to be 1 weapon and 6 housing items so far (only purchased 5 packs so far).

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My haywire marine's name, officially, is "Haywire Marine". But we have decided to call him Alonzo.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Oct 7, 2016 wrote:
My haywire marine's name, officially, is "Haywire Marine". But we have decided to call him Alonzo.

-Indigo
What a fitting name....I think?

Mine have reluctantly adopted the names of Clank, Clunk, Clink and Madame Tinky.

Hey...nobody ever said it would be easy for an Armada soldier to join a pirate crew.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Okay, so I just happened to notice that out of all four of my Haywire companions, only the Battle Angel has a "real name".

So, Custos Crassatrix...I am truly sorry for calling you Madame Tinky!! (And yes, Custos Crassatrix is the Angel's actual name, as found in my roster.)

So, Ratbeard, question for you...is there a particular reason that the Battle Angel has a proper name and Clink, Clank & Clunk only have the "Haywire, generic versions"? I'm chalking it up as-- though she is a member of the Armada, she is a lady nonetheless and thus deserving of a splendid, Latin name.

Developer
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 8, 2016 wrote:
Okay, so I just happened to notice that out of all four of my Haywire companions, only the Battle Angel has a "real name".

So, Custos Crassatrix...I am truly sorry for calling you Madame Tinky!! (And yes, Custos Crassatrix is the Angel's actual name, as found in my roster.)

So, Ratbeard, question for you...is there a particular reason that the Battle Angel has a proper name and Clink, Clank & Clunk only have the "Haywire, generic versions"? I'm chalking it up as-- though she is a member of the Armada, she is a lady nonetheless and thus deserving of a splendid, Latin name.
The intent was they'd all have a custom (Latin) name. I'll take a look.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Oct 10, 2016 wrote:
The intent was they'd all have a custom (Latin) name. I'll take a look.
Sounds great...gratias tibi!

Clankiricus, Clunkimus and Clinkapius do have a much better ring to them. If you can somehow program that into my crew-- that sure would be sweetimus!!!

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Is it possible we could get a greater difference in the armada companions between promotions, I just kind of wish the dragons were done in black or grey instead of brown, and much the same with the rest...