Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

From 513 Pedigree to Max Pedigree

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Ok i have a simple question that may or may not have been asked already (i didn't check). To get a high pedgree with your two pets with the pedigrees of 415 and 513 how would it be done? I read another post that the higher the the number beside the pedigree the higher change that the newly morphed pet would have a higher pedgree than the weaker parent, and morph some more until the pets have the same or about the same pedgrees. Note that you could also ask someone with a pet that has a max pedigree or at least in the 600s pedigree to morph with you. Doing it this way can be tricky due to the fact that some (not all) people with pets with 600 plus pedigrees won't even respond to you as if you weren't there.

Now back to way one, once both pets have the same pedigree is it possible to make it higher due to the number beside the pedigree?

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
JustSomeRandomGame... on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
Ok i have a simple question that may or may not have been asked already (i didn't check). To get a high pedgree with your two pets with the pedigrees of 415 and 513 how would it be done? I read another post that the higher the the number beside the pedigree the higher change that the newly morphed pet would have a higher pedgree than the weaker parent, and morph some more until the pets have the same or about the same pedgrees. Note that you could also ask someone with a pet that has a max pedigree or at least in the 600s pedigree to morph with you. Doing it this way can be tricky due to the fact that some (not all) people with pets with 600 plus pedigrees won't even respond to you as if you weren't there.

Now back to way one, once both pets have the same pedigree is it possible to make it higher due to the number beside the pedigree?

The number in parenthesis you mean? It only shows the numeric value of manifested powers/talents as far as I know, and has no effect on offspring... correct me if I'm wrong though.

I honestly doubt you can reach 600 with 415 and 513... offspring usually get an average of the two (range is rough really). So it would be surprising you get over 500 like this.

You'll probably need both pets around 550 or so.

Then again, you dont need 600 pedigree to manifest good powers/talents, my best pet with 5 grants barely has 500 pedigree.

Good luck anyway :)

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Silver Angel on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
The number in parenthesis you mean? It only shows the numeric value of manifested powers/talents as far as I know, and has no effect on offspring... correct me if I'm wrong though.

I honestly doubt you can reach 600 with 415 and 513... offspring usually get an average of the two (range is rough really). So it would be surprising you get over 500 like this.

You'll probably need both pets around 550 or so.

Then again, you dont need 600 pedigree to manifest good powers/talents, my best pet with 5 grants barely has 500 pedigree.

Good luck anyway :)
The reason i said is it possible is because a guy said he morphed pets with pedigrees of 265 and 234 I think and after the 7th morph he got a pet with a pedigree of over 300. Not sure is the guy was just fibbing.
Still if he wasn't...

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
JustSomeRandomGame... on Oct 6, 2016 wrote:
The reason i said is it possible is because a guy said he morphed pets with pedigrees of 265 and 234 I think and after the 7th morph he got a pet with a pedigree of over 300. Not sure is the guy was just fibbing.
Still if he wasn't...

I'm not saying it's impossible, but if it is.. it must be low chance.

Thing is, if you keep morphing the same two pets together, eventually you'll unlock their maximum potential and you'll reach a cap... that means powers/talents in that pet's pool cant give more points (in pedigree).

So to increase pedigree you need new blood, another pet with different/higher power/talent values.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
As I understand it, the powers/talents most likely to transfer during a morph are (1) the more highly-rated powers/talents and (2) the powers and talents that have manifested on the parents. There is always an element of randomness of course.

The first number for a pet is based on the rating of all of the powers and talents the pet has; the second number (in parentheses) is based on the rating of the powers and talents that have manifested. So a 500 pedigree pet with 200 points manifested is a better choice for morphing than a 500 pedigree pet with 150 points manifested (assuming the two have the same number of powers and talents that have manifested).

Morphing two pets with very different lists of potential powers and talents will tend to produce offspring with higher pedigrees. But the ceiling is going to be fixed by whatever the best combination of ratings is between them - i.e. the offspring that has the best powers/talents from both parents is as good as you are going to be able to get without introducing a new pet to the project, one who has highly rated powers and talents not already in the bloodline.

Don't give up on morphing with strangers. Most of my pirates have some really nifty pets because many, many pirates have assisted me with my projects through the years. I suspect the pirates who "don't answer" requests likely don't see those requests - lots of pirates use the morphing tent for parking while the player is focused on something else.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Thank you Silver Angel and Indigo Ring, i really would like to say more but um i can't spell to save my life. But really thanks. Hope to see in the spiral (hope i spelled that right).

Bold Ryan Richardon (lvl 70) and noobs.