Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PVE - Enemy Buffs (We should be ready by now!)

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
The is a suggestion for the next world/level cap. I know that as the story progresses and the enemies get harder, they gain higher ranked/more talents. This is all well and good, however I think that by the time we hit lvl 80+, the enemies should have access to powers such as Calm the Troops and Wind Spirit to make it more challenging.

The other option is to create AI that are mimic the play style of players in PVP.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
The is a suggestion for the next world/level cap. I know that as the story progresses and the enemies get harder, they gain higher ranked/more talents. This is all well and good, however I think that by the time we hit lvl 80+, the enemies should have access to powers such as Calm the Troops and Wind Spirit to make it more challenging.

The other option is to create AI that are mimic the play style of players in PVP.
This is a great suggestion. It would add strategy to battles ( although the battles in VA2 were hardly a cake-walk! )
In the Tower of Moo Manchu, I've seen Faye use Calm the Troops ( rarely, but at least a few times ). I've seen Jonathan use Black Fog, Assassin's Shroud.
It would be chilling to face an enemy in the story line that does use our most effective powers.

Developer

We did that, to a lesser extent, in Valencia part 2. Buccaneers used Mighty Charge, Swashbucklers used Assassin's Strikes, etc.

... And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Ratbeard on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
We did that, to a lesser extent, in Valencia part 2. Buccaneers used Mighty Charge, Swashbucklers used Assassin's Strikes, etc.

...And as players we've growing from the experience of having to walk the plank in order to learn how to swim!

It's time to throw some sky squids into the mix I say!

Seriously though, the game is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

There are those who want MORE challenge, and then there are those who just want to have fun winning every battle with ease - I don't envy Ratbeard's job, trying to find a happy medium.

Developer
Willowydream on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
There are those who want MORE challenge, and then there are those who just want to have fun winning every battle with ease - I don't envy Ratbeard's job, trying to find a happy medium.

Oh, that's easy.

: looks over at Madame Vadima:

She's right there.

Ensign
Mar 13, 2010

Please don't let that discourage you. At some point, we need to learn to play the game and to use its tools to their best advantage. Never increasing AI on enemies means we just play the same game over and over, and the stagnation leads to player non-engagement.

I hadn't been defeated more than a handful of times when I got to Valencia 2. I got defeated by mobs there.

I promise you, I'm a better player for it - and the game is more fun, too.

Wizard's second arc is definitely more complex than the first - why can't Pirate's be as well?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
Oh, that's easy.

She's right there.
Nooo! That was terrible, Ratbeard!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Oh, that's easy.

She's right there.
LOL - I set that one right up for you, didn't I?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think the main idea here is that we've rarely met an enemy Privateer who used buffs to boost their team. Thank goodness Kane wasn't a privy!
Witchdoctor enemies are also rare - what if we met one with Mojo Burn, or Mojo Flow? Not to mention Greater Juju.
( I'm fearful that these words may return to haunt me...)
But in retrospect, I find facing the challenge of a difficult enemy is more fun and satisfying in the long run, than an easy enemy .

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
".. And there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth."

But was there rending of garments?

-Indigo

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

Perhaps we just need a little more...faith...in our abilities....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Oh, that's easy.

She's right there.
.....Happy medium....crystal ball.....HA! He made another funny!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:
I think the main idea here is that we've rarely met an enemy Privateer who used buffs to boost their team. Thank goodness Kane wasn't a privy!
Witchdoctor enemies are also rare - what if we met one with Mojo Burn, or Mojo Flow? Not to mention Greater Juju.
( I'm fearful that these words may return to haunt me...)
But in retrospect, I find facing the challenge of a difficult enemy is more fun and satisfying in the long run, than an easy enemy .
I wonder what it would be like to face a really strong privateer enemy....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 5, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps we just need a little more...faith...in our abilities....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
And stop using just 3 companions & ignoring the rest......

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

Actually, I really like it Ratbeard, and did from the start. I know a lot of other players do too. Though I confess, this was me at first:

Which is not a bad thing at all -- a good thing, in truth. I think a good pirate adventure should have some nasty surprises. Keeps those nerve synapses firing.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Oh, that's easy.

She's right there.
That was probably a little too easy...

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Rightio! So I've been having fun hunting down the new fortress and I've gotten a few weapons from the crazy robots whom swiftly made me change my battle strategies on my musketeer, when I came across this little gem of a power: Surge of Technomancy

Pretty much now we literally have no reason to fear npc enemies that can buff their strength, agility and will as there is now a power that is readily available to players, both paid and free-to-play, that can counter this event.

Also, have a Witchdoctor in your party.

The team that plays together, slays together!