Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Morphing tent

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
The morphing tent always gets full and since very low-level players can get in it ruins the challenge of the first half of the game I have experienced this with some of my other characters. This gets even more annoying because a lot of them just say please usually having an ostrich or something you can buy from the pet plaza. Some solutions for this would be to make a morphing tent in a higher world. My first character was a witch doctor which is considerably the hardest class to play through and I didn't do it with a good pet I just used an orchid chameleon that was first generation and only starting after beating Kane did I start getting pets.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sorry, but I disagree with segregating higher level pirates away from the lower levels. Many players don't mind morphing with new players and their Ostriches. How else can new players improve their pets?

Once maxed, what else is a pirate to do but help other pirates?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Sorry. how does it ruin the challenge of the first half of the game that low-level pirates can access the morphing tent?

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
It doesn't ruin the storyline but the combat Is easy and you can be underleveled and your pet keeps saving you. If your making another character and don't want to do that then use your max. If you want to help little players be my guest. My main reason for saying this is that people don't need good pets to play the game and they beg constantly. This isn't a major issue but it can be a pain if a person is extremely desperate and won't leave you alone.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Ignore is there for a reason. If you don't want a person to annoy you - use it

ALL pirates should have access to good pets -

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Ah, so you are worried that they are "ruining" the game for themselves. Well, if they find that their pet makes things too easy, they can switch to a weaker pet, and avoid morphing better ones. No need to segregate characters by their levels. I think most players can figure out what makes the game more or less enjoyable for them.

-Indigo

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
nefarious alex on Sep 20, 2016 wrote:
It doesn't ruin the storyline but the combat Is easy and you can be underleveled and your pet keeps saving you. If your making another character and don't want to do that then use your max. If you want to help little players be my guest. My main reason for saying this is that people don't need good pets to play the game and they beg constantly. This isn't a major issue but it can be a pain if a person is extremely desperate and won't leave you alone.
If they are bothering you, you can always ignore them. Click on their character and click ignore. Then you will no longer see anything they try to send to you.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I have to agree with Willowydream here, there are better ways to go about calming down the hustle and bustle of the morphing tent than introducing what would inevitably devolve into a classist system of low level vs high level players.

You can turn off the chat balloons in the options menu, as well as hit that little x icon in the chat window, and if you're catching up with friends, arrange to catch up on a different realm to Avery.

If low level players want to try morphing for the first time, or they've seen the endless benefits of having a turbo-charged companion drop in like Arnie in the first terminator film but lack the necessary pets to get themselves started, who are we to decide that they must stay at that handicap until they hit level 55+?

They're exploring the depths of content this game has to offer and are free to ask for assistance in that endeavour. If they want to make the game easier for themselves, then they are free to do that also. There's no need for segregation of the levels.

If the chatter within the tent isn't to your liking, or the excess of players is causing your computer to lag, there are systems already in place to alleviate the issue.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If you're here to complain that low-levels are cluttering up your space, then you've come to the wrong place. They're in the morphing tent for the same reason you're there - to get a great pet.
If they have the gold to morph a pet, then they have every right to ask players there if they want to morph; if you don't want to morph then you have the right to refuse, if they're bugging you, then "ignore" them.
Even a low level might have an interesting pet from a card or maybe they've bought it from the Crown Shop, I wouldn't mind morphing with someone with an orchid or an ostrich.
I like helping another pirate get a special pet, I've done this many times. ( In fact, so many times, I've had to stop unless I want to be drowned in pets! )

Lighten up, it's not worth stressing about!