Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mouse Trap Quest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2012
The same glitch as reported in 2013 exists: after battling in the gate house a glitch in the program tells you to fight again but there is nothing to fight and you can't turn the gate wheel to proceed. Leaving and going back in doesn't fix the glitch.

Administrator
Hi. Thanks for your report. I'll be sure to forward this along to the team. In the meantime, if you're stuck on this quest and unable to progress, please contact our Customer Support for more assistance.

Email: support@pirate101.com
Web: https://www.pirate101.com/CustomerSupport/free_game

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
I experienced this myself, and a couple of days ago sent in a bug report with a suggested fix. (It is actually in the "Hello, Walls" quest inside the dungeon.) The problem happens because the voice overs aren't triggered before engaging in battle. (I wanted to see what was upstairs in the gate house first, and went around the enemies to do that, so I avoided the area where the voice overs are triggered.)

When I came back downstairs, I engaged the enemies from the back and defeated them. I then went toward the exit, and triggered the voice overs. The quest arrow then directed me to defeat the enemies, but I had already done that. Stuck. It is annoying to have to repeat those battles after resetting the instance.

The answer is to increase the area where those voice overs are triggered so that people can't engage the enemy before hearing them. I suggested this fix in my email. Hope it gets fixed soon, since it seems like it would be easy....

Susan
(mom of two former players, still playing, programmer in my pre-mom life)

Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
I see that this bug will be fixed, as the update notes for the now open test realm said, since I just went into the test realm and tried to repeat the steps that led to this problem. I couldn't get around the enemies without hearing about how to open the gate--it has become impossible to engage the enemies before hearing the voice overs. Well done! Should be in the game soon!

Administrator
Glad to hear the fixed worked!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*