Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

do chest have any affect on what I get?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
ok ki i see all kinds of different chest whenever i fight a battle, sometimes its regular pirate chest, other times i see huge stylized chest like the one the last boss in the marleybone bounty hunter quest line drops. this makes me think is there a reason to this? does the type of chest a boss drops indicate something about what loot i can get?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratical505 on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
ok ki i see all kinds of different chest whenever i fight a battle, sometimes its regular pirate chest, other times i see huge stylized chest like the one the last boss in the marleybone bounty hunter quest line drops. this makes me think is there a reason to this? does the type of chest a boss drops indicate something about what loot i can get?
Boss chests will usually contain gold, pet snacks or a boss item ( rare ).

Ensign
May 09, 2014
Well I think it does look at the facts when doing Kane you only ever get one of his items in that battle so o think the better the chest looks the better chance of getting something that's stronger

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
piratical505 on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
After all battles you get normal chests. Normal chests might have any number of different looks but I don't think the look of these chests makes any difference what you get. After certain "boss" battles you get a "Boss" chest. The "Boss" chest requires Crowns to open and it "MIGHT" contain a more boss-like drop (better loot blah, blah, blah).
But there are no guarantees!

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
FoxyTheKid on Aug 23, 2016 wrote:
Well I think it does look at the facts when doing Kane you only ever get one of his items in that battle so o think the better the chest looks the better chance of getting something that's stronger
I've gotten two items in the same that Kane drops in the same battle.

Bold Ryan Richardson (lvl 70) and noobs.