Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ranged pets?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Heya,

I'd like to ask you guys, and Decius in particular, what are all the ranged pets currently in the game?

I only know of the clockwork spider... I'm sure there are more?

Feel free to mention already discovered hybrids too :)

Thank you.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
theres only one ranged pet in the game? that seems very wrong. there should be tons of pets that can attack from a ranged postion, making the clockwork spider the only one make's it the optimal pet, you could turn it into a bastion for ranged devastation. whenever i make a pet i always consider the fact that its going to leave my side and jump right into the fray, but that's not true with this, if used correctly i could have it launching all sorts of nasty surprises from afar. this really should change, ki please make more ranged pets from now on? like the undiscovered pets, they would be a good start.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
piratical505 on Aug 22, 2016 wrote:
theres only one ranged pet in the game? that seems very wrong. there should be tons of pets that can attack from a ranged postion, making the clockwork spider the only one make's it the optimal pet, you could turn it into a bastion for ranged devastation. whenever i make a pet i always consider the fact that its going to leave my side and jump right into the fray, but that's not true with this, if used correctly i could have it launching all sorts of nasty surprises from afar. this really should change, ki please make more ranged pets from now on? like the undiscovered pets, they would be a good start.
Forgot to mention I'm talking about normal attacks, not powers. All pets have ranged powers, but only spider, to my knowledge, has ranged normal attack.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Silver Angel on Aug 23, 2016 wrote:
Forgot to mention I'm talking about normal attacks, not powers. All pets have ranged powers, but only spider, to my knowledge, has ranged normal attack.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure how many ranged-attack pets there are out there. I know that I have not seen many at all.

I know that the summoned Ram that comes from the doubloon (from the Grizzly Beast packs) often executes a ranged attack. It hurls a sparque-bolt-ball-thingy at the enemy. But I'm not sure if it is a power or basic attack. I also haven't seen the normal, Ram-a-Lam pet use a ranged, basic attack. So perhaps it is only the Ram that comes from the Tanngrisnir doubloon that possesses the ranged attack-- again not sure if it's a basic attack or a power. But actually...I have seen it use it on more than one occasion in the same battle, so perhaps it is a basic attack.

I'll keep my eyes open for any other pets possessing any basic, ranged attacks...if they do in fact exist.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
so only a few pets can use ranged but they can also melee? they're hybrid attackers? the reason i said a ranged pet would be awesome is that there are talents like eagle eyes, that aren't really useful because they're effects leave when the pet does and even though you can't control the pet ranged attackers don't usually leave their positions.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
I do like the idea of more ranged pets. perhaps a fire elf whose main attack is shooting his bow?

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I just took a look at all the pets, it took a while.. I have to say none are "ranged" in the way you are describing, but all have the chance of using ranged powers.
If there is one that has a "ranged" normal attack, that is probably a bug. I know we have lots of spiders, but they are arachnids, not "bugs" :)

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
I just took a look at all the pets, it took a while.. I have to say none are "ranged" in the way you are describing, but all have the chance of using ranged powers.
If there is one that has a "ranged" normal attack, that is probably a bug. I know we have lots of spiders, but they are arachnids, not "bugs" :)
That's odd, I'm pretty sure clockwork spider is ranged. Even the one summoned by the bear.
As proof it basically never moves and hit stuffs anyway, maybe you can look into it?

Anyway, since there is none, maybe you could think about it for later additions?

Also may I ask... since there is no ranged pet, why is there a quick adjust talent for pets?