Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Training Points

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 30, 2012
I was watching some pirate101 walkthroughs, and i found out that in one of the updates since december 2014, KingsIsle has introduced an update making it so you can only have up to 10 companion training points. What is the reason behind this???? I hate how i have to use the ten (or at least make it so i have less than ten) before i can buy more. Why cant we just buy as many as we like then use them over a period of time? I mean, this dude had like forty companion training tomes. I would really like it if KI could take away the tome restriction, making it easier for pirates everywhere to level up thier/their companions.

Two-faced Talon Kidd Lvl 45 Witchdoctor

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
you cant buy any after you have more than ten but you wont lose any if you level up they will just stack after your below ten you can buy more you need to learn your facts before you complain

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
krynn2002 on Aug 14, 2016 wrote:
I was watching some pirate101 walkthroughs, and i found out that in one of the updates since december 2014, KingsIsle has introduced an update making it so you can only have up to 10 companion training points. What is the reason behind this???? I hate how i have to use the ten (or at least make it so i have less than ten) before i can buy more. Why cant we just buy as many as we like then use them over a period of time? I mean, this dude had like forty companion training tomes. I would really like it if KI could take away the tome restriction, making it easier for pirates everywhere to level up thier/their companions.

Two-faced Talon Kidd Lvl 45 Witchdoctor
Training Tome XP values change as your companions level up. Well actually, it's not the tome itself that changes but the amount of XP your companions get from it. The higher level the companion, the lower the XP value. You'll also notice that as your pirate levels up the gold price for the tomes goes up as well... but it also increases the amount of XP.
Use a tome on a level 68 companion and it might provide a boost equivalent to 1/3 of what they need to get to the next level... if you use that same tome on a level 50 companion it might boost them 3, 4 or maybe even 5 full levels.
And the fact of the matter is... there are taverns everywhere and all of them have a tome vendor. They're easy enough to purchase any time you want one so changing the amount we can carry is unnecessary. You can stand right next to them and buy - use - buy - use... to your heart's content!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
There are many other ways to get training tomes besides buying them. The limit of ten purchased or ten companions on Keel Haulin' is mainly there to encourage you to USE the training tomes to train up your companions.

Also, the tomes get more expensive the higher your pirate's level, so letting you buy a hundred of them at the lowest price wouldn't help you later when you're at max gold and need to spend some.