Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crown Shop Changes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
Here is something I have thought for a very long time. So the crown shop is where you go to spend crowns, right? Well as we all know you can by certain items with gold. The islands you buy in the crown shop sell for either 10,000 crowns or 200,000 gold. Well, on my maxed buccaneer I have maxed out my gold. I farm most of the time for the generals armatura ( which I still don't have ) from the rooke battle and get gold by the ton. Since I already have all my items, houses, and other things, I can only spend my gold on companion training points which is sort of useless. Now I am at the point where I can't sell some items because I can't trash them. I think they should make certain companions, items, and card packs able to be bought with gold, or they could make a system where you can turn in a certain amount of gold for a certain amount of crowns.

Lvl 70
Lvl 56
Lvl 22

Ensign
Dec 29, 2012
I agree with all of these except the last one, you can only have a certain amount of gold at a time, how are we going to turn in more than 250,000 gold at a time?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
This has been requested thousands of times but it will never happen. Crowns sales are one of KI's primary sources of revenue. Gold is so easy to accumulate in the game that allowing a gold for Crowns swap would eventually lead to a total loss of Crown purchases. Why spend real money on something when you can farm gold for a couple of days, trade that gold for Crowns and get the same item for nothing? An hour battling enemy ships in the Aquila skyways can get you 100K gold. Even at a ridiculously low trade ratio it wouldn't take long to amass a LOT of Crowns.
I advise you not to hold your breath waiting for this to happen. Someone might mistake you for blue Dead Mike.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sneaky Hunter Radc... on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
Here is something I have thought for a very long time. So the crown shop is where you go to spend crowns, right? Well as we all know you can by certain items with gold. The islands you buy in the crown shop sell for either 10,000 crowns or 200,000 gold. Well, on my maxed buccaneer I have maxed out my gold. I farm most of the time for the generals armatura ( which I still don't have ) from the rooke battle and get gold by the ton. Since I already have all my items, houses, and other things, I can only spend my gold on companion training points which is sort of useless. Now I am at the point where I can't sell some items because I can't trash them. I think they should make certain companions, items, and card packs able to be bought with gold, or they could make a system where you can turn in a certain amount of gold for a certain amount of crowns.

Lvl 70
Lvl 56
Lvl 22
Since players buying crowns is one of the ways KI gets its revenue, this isn't going to happen.
Training points aren't useless, unless all your companions are at max and you have 10 ( or more tomes ) waiting to be used. So go ahead and use that gold to train and level and promote ALL companions ( even the ones you think are useless ). You won't be sorry you did.
Trade your surplus gear to your younger pirates, let them gain gold from selling the gear they can't use - this will enable them to keep their companions at their level. ( Or they can buy their own houses or items ).
You can earn up to 100 crowns a day by playing the KI trivia games and use those crowns for packs.
When crafting comes to P101 there will be plenty of recipes to spend gold on - gear, housing, houses or even ships and pet snacks.
P.S. Houses from the crown shop range from 50,000 gold to 100,000 gold

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Go spend gold on some gold o'l Morphing! Maybe you'll find a special player that would like to morph with you ?

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
Sneaky Hunter Radc... on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:

Lvl 70
Lvl 56
Lvl 22
I really like your idea. But, the Last Thing you mentioned? It Proably would Have to Be maybe 5000 gold For 50 crowns to make it fair

Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
Instead of making the max gold at 250 thousand, why not make the max gold amount higher and make it like 100,000 gold for 1 crown? It would be just as hard as getting scrips.