Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crazy Kane Run

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kane's Great Machine run # 65
I saw that a friend of mine ( Fearless Dolan Grant ) was on line and in the Machine, so I decided to pop in on him.
Fortunately there was room, someone had left. I was in time for the main event.
There were three of us for this, everything proceeded in a normal fashion - until I made a HUGE tactical error. You see, I was tired of having Rooke just plow his way into our back lines and bring Kane with him; when Kane could just devastate everyone on the back line.
So in the second round, under cover of Black Fog I charged Rooke and used Assassin's Strike, surely I would have enough power to seriously wound if not out right kill Rooke? Not a bit, and of course, Kane ported to his "little helper" and reduced me to yellow. I then was subjected to a Bishop blast and then a Glancing Blow from a Marine.
I was too far away for Dolan to heal me, so I ported out, healed and returned.
Meanwhile not one, not two, not three but FIVE Marines "courtly promoted"!
Dolan had to port out, heal and return.
Then our witchdoctor ( Tara ) had to port out, heal and return.
Yep, this was one for the books and probably a P101 record. After all, how many Marines usually get promoted in the fight?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Ok, so I was doing some farming for equipment from Kane. I joined Team Up! and got a team pretty quickly. When we joined the 1st fight, we realized that there was a person who wasn't joining the fight. We just accepted that this was going to be a 3 man run and moved on. So it was me, this guy and this gal. Unfortunately I don't remember their names or their classes (sorry, my memory is poor) so they'll just be the guy and the gal. So, towards the end of the 1st battle, the guy asks if we can wait after the first fight so he can go through his loot and prepare for the next fight. The gal said no, but I said yes. I don't know if he didn't see her response, or if he just assumed she'd wait after I said yes, but the fight ends and he opens his bag. The gal then runs to the second fight. We start the 2nd fight, and the guy and the gal get into a small fight over waiting for the fight. Eventually, the guy just leaves mid-fight. So now it's just me and the gal. Things have looked better. We have two machines to target still and I was a fair distance away from the remaining machines. Things were pretty tense, and who should show up, but Miss Esperanza herself. Out of sheer great timing, Miss Esperanza decided to teleport to me, and she lent us her support for that fight and the next.

Now, the next and final fight is quite a story. We're all lined up and getting ready to fight. Somehow, over the course of the fight, we had let five marines get promoted to Queens. All 3 of us had died at least once at some point. I alone had lost 6 companions in that fight alone. The gal and Esperanza had to have lost at least that many each, if not more. That fight was tough. I had never experienced a fight more difficult than that fight. In the end, we were able to emerge victorious. And for our toils? Well, I don't know what the gal and Esperanza got, but I got, as they say in Spanish, absolutamente nada. A shame, but the experience alone was quite the reward itself.

So now I ask you guys: How many marines/pawns have you let become Queens? Also, what has been your best experience in the fight against Kane?

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 70

Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
That is weird. I wish you luck if you have not defeated Kane.

Lvl 70
Justin Silver Sword

Ensign
Nov 22, 2012
I was just walking around Florenza when I noticed my friend Scury Owen Visser Fighting Kane, I opposed in and joined the Kane Fight. Right when I join I join at the back of the board near the marines and is got courtly promotion and the funny thing was I was using my privateer and then I saw that somebody had Doctor Noh And used backstab for their swashie right when Kane was not looking and then Doctor Noh did his stuff...

Lavish Devin Yawl 70Red Max 69Fearless Wolf 21 Bad Rex 41 Charming Micheal 13

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
My quickest run was on my privateer, when i got in a team up with 3 witchdoctors. I just kept popping will buffs and old scratch's buffs.

They all had blood flames. the run took 20 minutes, tops.

Almost everyone died, except for Kane, Queen (the glitch), 1 Rooke and 2 Marines in the first turn.

I got nothing of course.

Helpful Jose Neels, Lvl 70