Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where oh where be yea eggs?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Ok I know Decius said he is not going to give us a hint about new hybrids at this point, however he did say that there are more pets to be found in the new world. Perhaps he would deem to give us a hint as to where one of those might be found.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
There is a pet vendor in Florenza, located by the tavern. He sells 4 different pets, and is part of a sidequest. His name is Gianni Pescetari. The four pets he sells are the Hans Grouper, Blue Lion Fish, Valencian Delicacy, and the Grabthar's Hammerhead. Hopefully this answered part of your question. Good luck with the hybrids!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One of the new pets can be found by Pet Wranglin' - the Royal Ibis, it comes in a blue feathered egg.
Kane drops the Everest Yeti, it comes in a slimy egg

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Thanks for trying but Nope - those are know pets

I was asking for (and still am asking) for a hint as to where something Unknown might drop.

Would be really nice if KI personal would take just the few moments to answer some of the questions players are putting out there.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Krigleblort on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for trying but Nope - those are know pets

I was asking for (and still am asking) for a hint as to where something Unknown might drop.

Would be really nice if KI personal would take just the few moments to answer some of the questions players are putting out there.
I have.
As for the new pets those listed by the wonderful posters above are correct. There are also many, many hybrids out there that have not yet been found, and some pets that have yet to be released (Crown shop).

Good luck out there and be nice to your fellow pirates.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2016 wrote:
One of the new pets can be found by Pet Wranglin' - the Royal Ibis, it comes in a blue feathered egg.
Kane drops the Everest Yeti, it comes in a slimy egg
That Royal Ibis is definitely one cool looking bird! I finally got two of them just this past week-- one on my main pirate and on one of my un-main(?) pirates. I don't even care if it doesn't produce much...I simple love the looks of that bird!! If ever there was a bird that was Royal, it would surely be that Ibis.

On the subject of birds, I would really enjoy seeing a Albatross added to the game. Oooh, you could even morph it with the Royal Ibis to get a Royal Albatross! Or even morph it with the Hawk, to get a Mollyhawk (after the Mollymawk...of course!) What a cool name for a pirate pet too! Yeah, I'd like for my pirate to walk around the Spiral sporting a pet, Mollyhawk.

I've got a tiny bit more time on my hands these days (knock on Ratty's leg), so I may try to get back in the tent in hopes of discovering some more of those elusive hybrids out there. It's been a while since I went on a wild goose chase and shelled out gold like El Toro at a rose convention.

New hybrids, here I come....finally!!! Hey, gotta remain hopeful and positive.

EUREKA!!! I just had an idea for a new hybrid. Combine the Everest Yeti, with an Imperial Lion (or the corrupted version) and what do you get......a Mountain Lion

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
I have.
As for the new pets those listed by the wonderful posters above are correct. There are also many, many hybrids out there that have not yet been found, and some pets that have yet to be released (Crown shop).

A hint for a Hybrid would be nice. I have many theories (just ask Kelsey Fireheart) but sadly none of them have made a hybrid yet.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
I have.

x sneaks in tosses homemade cookies at the hungry hardworkers leaves a pitcher of cold milk and napkins x

x runs away yelling "Bob's your uncle!!" x

hugs and cookies yall
stormy jen silver

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
I have.

So Basically:

"Hey, go and spend gold to make yer pet hybrids until you magically find one"

This'll probably require more luck that Dokapon Kingdom, which I'm starting to want to play...crap.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
But but but - I am a Pirate - were not supposed to be nice -

were supposed to be nasty smelly stinky mean-spirited tormentors of the skyways

but still would like a hint about where an UNknown pet might drop in the worlds we travel /

somehow we will find the combination to a new hybrid with the 258 known (different named) pets out there that we can mix together.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
the Fearless Devil on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
So Basically:

This'll probably require more luck that Dokapon Kingdom, which I'm starting to want to play...crap.
Well....that's kind of the whole point of "hybrid hunting". If we're constantly guided to the 'game', then where exactly is the 'hunt'.

Unexpected discovery, following dogged yet deligent determination, is one of mankind's greatest rewards, incentives...and perhaps sometimes downfalls, too.

The developers have given lots of hints regarding hybrids and, quite frankly, there is nothing saying that they even have to at all. They've been pretty generous with the hints and the answering of player requests for hints.

Sure it gets frustrating when you constantly keep trying to bring water back from a well, in a hole-filled bucket.....but at least there's still plenty of water in that well. It's up to us, our determination, and our easy-to-acquire gold to continue thirsting for the hunt, for the sake of sweet discovery!

But the occasional hints are nice and greatly appreciated too. That whole RNG thingy is a fickle, fiendish and finicky foe, I tell ya!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Remember when you snuck through the house searching in closets and under beds for those hidden Christmas presents... then you found them, woo hoo!
And then Christmas came and there was no surprise. How did that feel? Kind of a let down huh?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
That Royal Ibis is definitely one cool looking bird! I finally got two of them just this past week-- one on my main pirate and on one of my un-main(?) pirates. I don't even care if it doesn't produce much...I simple love the looks of that bird!! If ever there was a bird that was Royal, it would surely be that Ibis.

On the subject of birds, I would really enjoy seeing a Albatross added to the game. Oooh, you could even morph it with the Royal Ibis to get a Royal Albatross! Or even morph it with the Hawk, to get a Mollyhawk (after the Mollymawk...of course!) What a cool name for a pirate pet too! Yeah, I'd like for my pirate to walk around the Spiral sporting a pet, Mollyhawk.

I've got a tiny bit more time on my hands these days (knock on Ratty's leg), so I may try to get back in the tent in hopes of discovering some more of those elusive hybrids out there. It's been a while since I went on a wild goose chase and shelled out gold like El Toro at a rose convention.

New hybrids, here I come....finally!!! Hey, gotta remain hopeful and positive.

EUREKA!!! I just had an idea for a new hybrid. Combine the Everest Yeti, with an Imperial Lion (or the corrupted version) and what do you get......a Mountain Lion
valkoor you're BRILLIANT!!! everest yeti to a type of lion i bet thats it! mountain lion makes perfect sense but dont leave out the black tiger just in case tht panther reference and looks.. or ginger? though a stretch it is a "cub" thus lion cub mebbe.. if only i had an everest XD starts singing.. on top of old smokey..all covered with cheese.. oops mismatching songs now.. XD
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
So Basically:

thus why i suggested a new elixir idea.. pet hybrid making luck.. ups your chances for hybrid creation by extra 35% for 15 minutes 350 crowns, 50% for 30 minutes cost 599 crowns or 65% for an hour for 1250 crowns...
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
thus why i suggested a new elixir idea.. pet hybrid making luck.. ups your chances for hybrid creation by extra 35% for 15 minutes 350 crowns, 50% for 30 minutes cost 599 crowns or 65% for an hour for 1250 crowns...
stormy jen silver
That would only work if you were using the right combo - otherwise it would be a waste of crowns.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
valkoor you're BRILLIANT!!! everest yeti to a type of lion i bet thats it! mountain lion makes perfect sense but dont leave out the black tiger just in case tht panther reference and looks.. or ginger? though a stretch it is a "cub" thus lion cub mebbe.. if only i had an everest XD starts singing.. on top of old smokey..all covered with cheese.. oops mismatching songs now.. XD
stormy jen silver
Why thank you, Jen!

And yeah, I used the Imperial Lion (or Corrupted) for the "easy lion reference", but you're absolutely right-- it could very well be one of those other cats out there. Why we know how sneaky those KI critter-crafters are!!! And of course, I could just be, once again, dreaming of smokey nothings that don't exist. But I think a mountain lion coming from anything with the word Everest in it, is at least worth a good ol' try. Time to put some Hep in my step and hit the tent!

And Jen, I do happen to have a couple of Everest Yetis and would be happy to meet you some time to help you get one. Just let me know and I'll pop in the tent with those cute, little guys...hmm, is Betty a name you can give your pet? 'Cause I've just gotta have Betty the Yeti!

One other thing, and forgive me if I forgot, but is one of your pirates named, Fiery Jewel Dodger (or maybe that's one of Esperanza's pirates)? My scatterbrained..eh, brain, often betrays me, but I just discovered "something" and I was hoping to track down just who I needed to thank.

Anywho, let me know if you want to try for that Yeti.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
stormy jen silver
Just a suggestion regarding your suggestion...
How about making elixirs a "one morph" deal? The reason I say that is I can just imagine the complaints that would start rolling in...
"I paid for an elixir but I forgot to have enough gold so I wasted half of my elixir time so I DESERVE a refund!... so even though it was my fault I still shouldn't be penalized for it because no one warned me not to be dumb!"
I'm just sayin'...