Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Boochbeard Bundle

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
qwerty78202 on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
I know wizard101 is a different sort of game, but they have certain days where they bring back retired bundles, why shouldn't pirate?
We don't have Throwback Thursdays because other than the Boochbeard and Gandry bundles, we have nothing that was retired to throw back to. Wizard101 has many old bundles and card packs that can be revived, but even they don't offer the stuff that was exclusive to the pioneering players.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Sneaky Hunter Radc... on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
I have also received a parrot mount on one of my accounts. I think if people are saying they can't bring back the cat companion for a limited time only then how can they bring the parrot back? Yes, it's a 7 day rental but still, you can still have the exact mount from the bundle. Even if they can't bring back the cat companion, they could bring a new bundle and put a cat that looks a lot like Felix from snail and newt tavern like anecorbie mentioned in the thread about getting new players.
Perhaps, if the companions were, like the rental mounts, of limited duration (say five days) they'd show up in the packages as well. But they aren't. Those rental mounts aren't permanent -- after 7 days they go away. There is no evidence you ever had it after those 7 days are up. The people with the bundle mounts will still have their parrots.

You're comparing apples to screwdrivers here.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 2, 2016 wrote:
Perhaps, if the companions were, like the rental mounts, of limited duration (say five days) they'd show up in the packages as well. But they aren't. Those rental mounts aren't permanent -- after 7 days they go away. There is no evidence you ever had it after those 7 days are up. The people with the bundle mounts will still have their parrots.

You're comparing apples to screwdrivers here.
As this stuff may be true, as I said above several times and is still unanswered or thought about is that they could make a companion similar but with a mask-like bandana that does around his eyes/head and have knives instead of swords and be called cat smuggler instead of a cat pirate.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Sneaky Hunter Radc... on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
As this stuff may be true, as I said above several times and is still unanswered or thought about is that they could make a companion similar but with a mask-like bandana that does around his eyes/head and have knives instead of swords and be called cat smuggler instead of a cat pirate.
Similar alternatives to the cat pirate have been suggested by players since the Boochbeard bundle disappeared. KI haven't made one yet. Just search for the various threads and you'll see.

Many of the animations for the cat are the same for Fan Flanders. Run a swashbuckler and you'll get her.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
Similar alternatives to the cat pirate have been suggested by players since the Boochbeard bundle disappeared. KI haven't made one yet. Just search for the various threads and you'll see.

Many of the animations for the cat are the same for Fan Flanders. Run a swashbuckler and you'll get her.
Well, to be fair, they probably didn't have the Cat thugs in beta. I think that's a good idea.

Also, can anyone lock this? i don't think it's relevant anymore.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:

I have already but still not satisfied, the only thing similar is the pose she is it and when she defeats an enemy, already got up to level 62 on my buckler BTW

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'd buy a FEMALE Cat Pirate in a heartbeat!

How about a Mrs. Boochbeard Bundle?

Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
I have been thinking and I think I found a better idea. Why not make a badge for defeating Captain Swing 25 times you then unlock him in the crown shop? He is way different from the cat pirate in many ways and maybe up the price of him in the crown shop? Since the cat pirate in the boochbeard bundle was pretty rare, maybe he can be the first 10,000 crown companion?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sneaky Hunter Radc... on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
I have been thinking and I think I found a better idea. Why not make a badge for defeating Captain Swing 25 times you then unlock him in the crown shop? He is way different from the cat pirate in many ways and maybe up the price of him in the crown shop? Since the cat pirate in the boochbeard bundle was pretty rare, maybe he can be the first 10,000 crown companion?
Many players have fought Captain Swing hundreds of times trying for his unique gear set. This could be a very good idea, but I'm not sure what people who are wearing his outfit would think of having him on their crew?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
Many players have fought Captain Swing hundreds of times trying for his unique gear set. This could be a very good idea, but I'm not sure what people who are wearing his outfit would think of having him on their crew?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
Willowydream on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:

Yes, thought that as well. I was thinking he would be a good one to add a badge for just because he is really rare since you are only able to fight him in the Bonnie Anne promotion quest, also this would be another good idea because they only have three badges to earn a companion by fighting them x amount of times, and they all take place around the same times and in skull island. I think they need to put another badge for the higher-ranked pirates. As for the drops, Gortez has drops as well.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2012
Sneaky Hunter Radc... on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
Actually, KI can bring it back if they wanted to its just a matter of if they would, there is nothing holding them back from it.

Lvl 70
Lvl 56
Lvl 21
AHOY

There are plenty of things holding them back.
1. integrity
2. their promise
3. refunds
4. member dissatisfaction
5. loss of revenue due to members not trusting and or quitting
6. maybe possible legal ramifications for breach of contract
7. company name slander by dissatisfied customers

I could name several more but I think you get the point. The only thing I can think of that would quell everybody's wants would be to come out with another limited time only bundle. Boochbeard Bundle II.... It could kick start arc 2 and have similar value to the first ( a different mount, house, gear, pet and companion). Now, I hear people begging that they want a cat pirate, I say give them a cat pirate.... a musket cat, buccaneer cat, witch doctor or privateer cat would be fine. But I don't think KI will bring the swashbuckler cat back, sorry.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
Butterblitz on Aug 12, 2016 wrote:
AHOY

There are plenty of things holding them back.
1. integrity
2. their promise
3. refunds
4. member dissatisfaction
5. loss of revenue due to members not trusting and or quitting
6. maybe possible legal ramifications for breach of contract
7. company name slander by dissatisfied customers

I could name several more but I think you get the point. The only thing I can think of that would quell everybody's wants would be to come out with another limited time only bundle. Boochbeard Bundle II.... It could kick start arc 2 and have similar value to the first ( a different mount, house, gear, pet and companion). Now, I hear people begging that they want a cat pirate, I say give them a cat pirate.... a musket cat, buccaneer cat, witch doctor or privateer cat would be fine. But I don't think KI will bring the swashbuckler cat back, sorry.
As I said above, why not make a badge for captain swing?

He is way different from the cat pirate, he may be a swashbuckler but he is different in many ways.
1. He is a light grey cat.
2. He holds knives instead of swords.
3. He has a top hat.
4. He has a different style of attacks.
5. He has a different style of clothing.
6. He isn't a cat pirate.