Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cheat Engine being used in ranked

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?59494-Cheat-Engine-being-used-in-ranked&p=294149#post294149

In the post above you'll see what happened. I became aware of cheat engine from doing a kane run with a random and it skipped my turn as well as friend till he turned it off it's my first time experiencing it in ranked so i'm shocked no one has posted anyhting about it either way I posted here cause I wanted people to get their attention and be aware this is happening? Ratbeard and the other developers are you aware that Cheat engine is a thing and can you please find a way to stop it?

That was the post for some reason it was deleted the video is up on youtube however under pirate101 cheat engine used in ranked

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
I made a post on this too.

I am sorry you had the unfortunate "honor" of facing Vito. I am glad that this topic is being brought to light though, as Cheat Engine has to stop.

To anyone reading this, Please watch out for Vito, Level 70 Buccaneer. He is a known exploiter and should be avoided!!!

Stay Safe,

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Sunny Wolf on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?59494-Cheat-Engine-being-used-in-ranked&p=294149#post294149

In the post above you'll see what happened. I became aware of cheat engine from doing a kane run with a random and it skipped my turn as well as friend till he turned it off it's my first time experiencing it in ranked so i'm shocked no one has posted anyhting about it either way I posted here cause I wanted people to get their attention and be aware this is happening? Ratbeard and the other developers are you aware that Cheat engine is a thing and can you please find a way to stop it?

That was the post for some reason it was deleted the video is up on youtube however under pirate101 cheat engine used in ranked
Let me just say, basically this is why so many people are leaving Pirate101. Lack of story updates leaves us with pvp, full of glitches, extremely cheap strategies, and people who if you talk with for more then 5 seconds you automatically dislike them. The beginning of this season after being inactive for SO long I started up ranked again, unfortunately 80% of my matches involve DISCORD, BOON, SCRATCH VA, GLITCH ABUSE, and extremely sour chat, literal ending game conversation: "GG," ",No! I was going easy on you loser I could of healed then killed you," ",You where cursed so no healing and if you shielded assassin would still kill," ",No I could of healed!" ",You where cursed I still had plenty of resources," ",I was going easy on you if I would of healed that last round then used assassin you would of died!" ",I had enough shields to survive 2 assasins and again you where cursed," Literally every other match I get in involves extremely long arguments featuring DISCORD, GLITCH ABUSE, BOON, SCRATCH VA. Seriously I just stopped ranked after I found out it's like this now.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
I've heard rumors that a former Kingsisle employee said that cheat engine was bannable but I'm not sure if that's true considering the source isn't very credible

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Post on Central seems to have been deleted :/

Either way it shouldnt prevent KI to look into it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
I've heard rumors that a former Kingsisle employee said that cheat engine was bannable but I'm not sure if that's true considering the source isn't very credible
What?! Bonnie Anne not "credible"? See her response to my question on cheat engine in "Towering Personalities" its the last or next to last page.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
From "Towering Personalities" on April 4, 2016, Bonnie Anne replied:
Using Cheat Engine to "speed hack" is certainly against the rules. I mean, it's right there in the name. "Cheat".
If you find someone using this cheat, I say report them.

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Using 3rd party software to interact with the game is indeed a violation of the ToU and a bannable offense, I just think it is difficult for them to prove.

Sadly, kids do not see the harm in this and just spread it to their friends, who again think nothing of the implications or that it is against the rules.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Silver Angel on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Post on Central seems to have been deleted :/

Either way it shouldnt prevent KI to look into it.
Yes, Central has a rule against naming names, even in such a situation as this. If the pirate's name was visible in the video, it isn't allowed.

I do minimal PvP, but I hope that this situation will be addressed, though. PvP should be as fair as possible.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
I agree that cheat engine should be banned, mainly because people like Vito abuse it and win,(only because of engine).And we really should remove this problem before more people abuse it.

black Ryan Randall

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
Wow. It's like Dark Souls where people use hacks to make them powerful and ban other people. Lets hope KI doesn't just ban the victims and ignore the problem.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Willowydream on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Yes, Central has a rule against naming names, even in such a situation as this. If the pirate's name was visible in the video, it isn't allowed.

I do minimal PvP, but I hope that this situation will be addressed, though. PvP should be as fair as possible.

Apparently the post is back... but I didnt watch the video to check if names were censored or whatnot...

Either way, this coupled with privy complaints isnt gonna get me back to pvp anytime soon I suppose.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
My intention was to get this to the devs attention mainly Ratbeard since he's the most responsive and they can hopefully find a way to stop it.Since it happened to me I've found out other people have experienced it as well and thus it's a community problem. I'm not angry about the loss nor do I care about my opponent getting in trouble (if i could have edit his name out I would have but I don't have a video editing software >_< ).

I just don't want this to happen to me again or to any of my fellow players because for those of us that take time and effort into rank we Truly care about it and losing cause of a hack is frustrating to say the least.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
What?! Bonnie Anne not "credible"? See her response to my question on cheat engine in "Towering Personalities" its the last or next to last page.
If I heard it from another player so I wasn't sure if it was credible

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2015
Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
mario king on Jul 15, 2016 wrote:
cheat engine must be stopped
Yes! And we will survive! S to the U to the R to the V to the I to the V to the A to the L!
Offence, be cruel!
Offence, be cruel!

(Get it?)

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Not only is cheat engine a problem in the PvP community and for the whole of Pirate
But I have a friend who is good with technology and he says that if someone can get into Kingsisle servers by not having strong protection
A player can disconnect another from Pirate101 for easy PvP wins or to just plain troll anybody who plays this game

Cheating is not a good thing and Kingsisle games is definitely a step in the right direction and a good example for all gaming entertainment companies to look at, I hope KI maintains fair play in their games

Administrator
Thank you for your reports about cheat engine use. It has been reviewed and forwarded to our Quality Assurance as well as Professor Falmea.

Unfortunately this thread was hijacked with a different topic and took a turn for the worse. Please keep threads on topic and remember to avoid name-calling and other general rude behavior.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*