Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Talk Like a Pirate!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Obviously, during the Golden Age of Piracy, when pirates (in the Milky Way) sailed the skies... *cough cough* I mean seas (gosh, too much Pirate101! ), pirates didn't really talk like "arr", and "yar/aye" instead of yes, or "ye" instead of you, or "me hearty/matey" instead of friend, or "me ____" instead of my ____, and more. But sometimes it's pretty fun to talk like that.

On September 13 or something (if I remember correctly), there's "Talk Like a Pirate Day". I'm wondering if you wanted to do your best impressions of talking like a pirate here. If you think you're "piratical", or you talk "piratey", then show me. (Trust me, I'm sure you all will do an amazing job. )

Here goes!

"Arr, me hearty, it be great to see ye sailin' the Skyways! How be ye t'day? I be in Marleybone now; what World do ye be in? Arr, I be lovin' that one!

"Whatcha doin' on this lovely evenin' t'day? What's that? Questin'! Yar, I be havin' plenty o' time fer that! It be makin' me wonder, however - I want some Yum. Arrrrrrrrrrrr!"

Alright, that's my impression of it. Have fun talking like a pirate!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, a.k.a. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 56 1/2 Swashbuckler

(P.S. I love when people share their creativity, and I share what I have; it's always great to have imagination. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Obviously, during the Golden Age of Piracy, when pirates (in the Milky Way) sailed the skies... *cough cough* I mean seas (gosh, too much Pirate101! ), pirates didn't really talk like "arr", and "yar/aye" instead of yes, or "ye" instead of you, or "me hearty/matey" instead of friend, or "me ____" instead of my ____, and more. But sometimes it's pretty fun to talk like that.

On September 13 or something (if I remember correctly), there's "Talk Like a Pirate Day". I'm wondering if you wanted to do your best impressions of talking like a pirate here. If you think you're "piratical", or you talk "piratey", then show me. (Trust me, I'm sure you all will do an amazing job. )

Here goes!

"Arr, me hearty, it be great to see ye sailin' the Skyways! How be ye t'day? I be in Marleybone now; what World do ye be in? Arr, I be lovin' that one!

"Whatcha doin' on this lovely evenin' t'day? What's that? Questin'! Yar, I be havin' plenty o' time fer that! It be makin' me wonder, however - I want some Yum. Arrrrrrrrrrrr!"

Alright, that's my impression of it. Have fun talking like a pirate!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, a.k.a. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 56 1/2 Swashbuckler

(P.S. I love when people share their creativity, and I share what I have; it's always great to have imagination. )
You can't do better than to read Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, if you want to learn traditional pirate lingo.
But learning some things that all sky sailors should know - like the parts of a ship is important.
From stem ( the bow or front of a ship ) to stern ( aft or the rear of the ship ) here be a few terms for landlubbers:
The sails of the ship:
Bowsprit: its the part that sticks out at the front, the sail is triangular, this kind of sail is called lanteen.
Fore mast - the front mast
Main mast - in the middle of the ship
Mizzen mast is at the rear
The compass is kept in the binnacle.
The bathroom is called the head.
The kitchen is the galley.
Left is Port, looking forward to the bow.
Right is Starboard
The Forcastle or fo's'cle was where the crew bunked.
I hope you enjoyed this tiny bit of information.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
"Arrrrr! Get up ye land lubber or to I'll send ye to Davy Jones' locker!"- "Hey! get up you lazy sailor or I'll send you to the bottom of the sea!"
"Far winds, bucko!"- "Good luck, friend!"
"I fear they gone down with Davy Jones"- "I fear they're dead"
I'm good at imitating a pirate, am I?