Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ships Ahoy!!!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy ye scurvy seafarers!

One of my favorite parts of the Valencia 2 update were when I first ported into Florenza and checked out the new ship vendor. SWEEEEETTAH!!! I was so exciting to see that we pirates could finally purchase a powerful vessel from our favorite world (s) and get to swiftly stompin' some super sneaky skyway salties and savages in sweet style!

So my questions for ye all are: What ship did you first buy-- origin and style? What name did you choose...or randomly go with? And which ship is next on yer pirate's shopping list?

As for me, I decided to go with the Royal Navy heavy galleon. I chose the name of Baskerville Foxhound...a nod to a "little story" I rather enjoy. And I think my next ship is going to be from MooShu, to better compliment my full set of General Tso's gear and Ki-rin mount....and maybe a Bison ship after that.

Please share your latest addition(s) to your pirate's fleet. Thank you and smooth sailin' to ye all!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I got a a Mooshu Galleon because I thought with a green colour it could mirror the skies of Valencia better
Because of the colour I went with the name Jade Palace
I would have gone with a Monquistador frigate but unfortunately it appears that Girogio Lamborghini does not have one for sale is this a bug or intended?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, after leveling all my companions, I decided to buy the Spiral Galleon ( Pirate Origin ) and named her the Laughing Mermaid ( 'cuz, you know, me and mermaids... )
I was disappointed by the glitched appearance of the figurehead when I equipped it, the whole front of the ship vanished! Fortunately I had a level 20 figurehead that actually did more damage although the hull heal rate was much less.
But now my Laughing Mermaid is better looking.
My Privateer will be buying a Marleybone vessel, I haven't yet determined on the name. ( BTW, I'm a fan of Sherlock Bone's mysteries, too! )
I wish we had a choice of Polarian and Darkmoor vessels.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 10, 2016 wrote:
I got a a Mooshu Galleon because I thought with a green colour it could mirror the skies of Valencia better
Because of the colour I went with the name Jade Palace
I would have gone with a Monquistador frigate but unfortunately it appears that Girogio Lamborghini does not have one for sale is this a bug or intended?
Great choice, Darius. For the longest time one of my favorite ships was my MooShu Galleon. I think it had something to do with the fact that the MooShu line of vessels are very unique, beautiful and completely different from what we, well at least I, am use to seeing. They possess quite an exotic look, with their unique sails, and seem to figuratively transport you to another time and place. Nice name, too! I have three MooShu vessels in my fleet. The MooShu Moodha, Khotan Moodha and Iron Lotus. Pretty soon I hope to add a new, more powerful, level-70 variety....just for udder kicks :P

And that is quite a shame about the Monquistan ships not being sold in Florenza. Those poor monkeys get absolutely no love at all. First no housing vendor, now no representation in Giorgio's "shop". It's bananas I tell you! To me, those little chimp champs have create some of the most stunning ships that the Spiral has ever seen. Those hairy and gangly, non-giants focus on every little detail. Now that you've got me thinking about it...I probably would have made that my first choice, when I purchased a new ship.

I wonder if a moderator/developer could reply as to whether the omission of Monquistan vessels in Florenza was a mere oversight or if there was a specific reason to not include them? Or.....maybe the KI developers were up to some monkey business of their very own (or just don't like monkeys)!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
Well, after leveling all my companions, I decided to buy the Spiral Galleon ( Pirate Origin ) and named her the Laughing Mermaid ( 'cuz, you know, me and mermaids... )
I was disappointed by the glitched appearance of the figurehead when I equipped it, the whole front of the ship vanished! Fortunately I had a level 20 figurehead that actually did more damage although the hull heal rate was much less.
But now my Laughing Mermaid is better looking.
My Privateer will be buying a Marleybone vessel, I haven't yet determined on the name. ( BTW, I'm a fan of Sherlock Bone's mysteries, too! )
I wish we had a choice of Polarian and Darkmoor vessels.
Wait what....you spent gold on leveling your companions. I just offered up some pet snacks and they were all on board! Actually I had nearly 250 training tomes saved up from buying Tribal packs quite some time back. I still have only used a few so far, as levels 65-67 seemed to still give the crew a fighting chance in Valencia and didn't present too many difficulties in battle. I did train up a couple rows of my favorite and most loyal comrades, just so they got that extra talent to train.

And, lol, "Laughing Mermaid" does seem like the perfect fit for you, Esperanza-- great choice. I do want a new, level-70 Pirate Galleon and it's only a matter of time before I round one up. Every pirate deserves a true pirate-y vessel. And that stinks about the figurehead fizzle! But at least you were able to find a viable work around that allowed your galleon to be viewed in all it's deserved splendor. Mermaids deserve to stay jolly and a partially invisible ship is no laughing matter!

Nice to hear that you share an interest for Doyle's spoils...but actually I do remember you saying that you were a Sherlock fan. That's awesome!

Now...a Darkmoor vessel would be eerily enchanting, splendidly spooky and hauntily(?) hoodoo-y. I can only imagine the fun the art team would have with DM ship designs. I'd also really like to see a Grizzleheim ship, being that I have always had a grand interest in Vikings and Nordic history and culture. Now that I think about...I want a ship from every possible Spiral world-- yeah then I'd be one happy pirate. Would just have to keep Ratbeard away from the gunpowder and other blowey-up-and-go-boom kind of stuff!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Only one of my pirates, Rogan, has made it to Valencia II*, and he has now purchased three spiral galleons, in order:

Marleybone galleon
Pirate galleon (currently hidden from public view due to its disfigured bow, see Anecorbie's post)
Marleybone frigate.

Mostly Rogan sails around in the frigate.

-Indigo

Chase Nicholsl, a musketeer, is working on it but is having wee problem with the Hydra - the ebon head bug five times running.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
Great choice, Darius. For the longest time one of my favorite ships was my MooShu Galleon. I think it had something to do with the fact that the MooShu line of vessels are very unique, beautiful and completely different from what we, well at least I, am use to seeing. They possess quite an exotic look, with their unique sails, and seem to figuratively transport you to another time and place. Nice name, too! I have three MooShu vessels in my fleet. The MooShu Moodha, Khotan Moodha and Iron Lotus. Pretty soon I hope to add a new, more powerful, level-70 variety....just for udder kicks :P

And that is quite a shame about the Monquistan ships not being sold in Florenza. Those poor monkeys get absolutely no love at all. First no housing vendor, now no representation in Giorgio's "shop". It's bananas I tell you! To me, those little chimp champs have create some of the most stunning ships that the Spiral has ever seen. Those hairy and gangly, non-giants focus on every little detail. Now that you've got me thinking about it...I probably would have made that my first choice, when I purchased a new ship.

I wonder if a moderator/developer could reply as to whether the omission of Monquistan vessels in Florenza was a mere oversight or if there was a specific reason to not include them? Or.....maybe the KI developers were up to some monkey business of their very own (or just don't like monkeys)!
What else is gold good for but to spend it? "Gold is like manure, it does no good unless it's spread around."
I believe that quote is from Hello Dolly.
Besides, I make gold in this game like it's growing on trees ( gotta get rid of it somehow. Who wants to keep a pocket full of manure anyway? )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
What else is gold good for but to spend it? "Gold is like manure, it does no good unless it's spread around."
I believe that quote is from Hello Dolly.
Besides, I make gold in this game like it's growing on trees ( gotta get rid of it somehow. Who wants to keep a pocket full of manure anyway? )
Lol...very good points and yes indeed! Gold is very easy to come by these days-- with rather slim pickens on what to spend it on.

And I'm actually pretty sure that Dead Mike and Bosun Budd do indeed keep at least one pocket (maybe boot, as well) well-stocked with manure (probably seaweed-scented). Anything has to be a step up in smell, from the odoriferous emanations that accompany the undead.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I decided to stick with Aquilan ships, and thus I bought my Aquilan Spiral Galleon, the Dread Spartan. I've always been a stickler for antique and ancient things. And ever since reading the Odyssey and the Iliad, Aquilan ships just seem to be cooler than the other ships!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I was so torn between the pirate origin and the royal navy, but I already had better equipment for the royal navy stuff, so that's what I bought. Otherwise I'd have gone broke just kitting out the new ship.

Not that going broke is much of an issue. A run at Kane or a run through Moo's tower and we're back up to max gold again...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013

A question I always had was... when all of the Monkey architecture is, well, monkey-sized, why are the Monquistan ships large enough for the rest of us "normal-sized" Spirallians? Technically, shouldn't they only be about the size of a dinghy? We hairless, gangly giants should not even fit.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TucsonWizard on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
A question I always had was... when all of the Monkey architecture is, well, monkey-sized, why are the Monquistan ships large enough for the rest of us "normal-sized" Spirallians? Technically, shouldn't they only be about the size of a dinghy? We hairless, gangly giants should not even fit.
The skyways are large and hazardous, with many enemies waiting to squish a tiny ship. Or maybe its a "size compensation" stemming from being tiny.
"I may be small, but look at the size of my ship!"

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TucsonWizard on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Lol, that is a great question & the reasons behind asking it make perfect sense. I often wondered the very same thing, in regards to the size of the Monquistan vessels vs. the size of their buildings & other creations.

As Esperanza noted maybe they wish to build ships of grandeur to make up for their own lack of size. Maybe it's that whole "if you give something proper room, then it can most surely bloom", kind of scenario. Given the tiny conditions of the islands that they reside on, their creativity & crafting is limited by the surroundings. But out on the vast & expansive skyways, that creativity is given enormous potential. They can simply build to fit the space. Kind of like how certain animals, fish & plants will only grow & build to fit their habitats. Yet if you provide a larger habitat they will grow larger & "build larger", as well. Put some fish in a tiny bowl, it stays tiny. Put the same fish in a medium size pond & it becomes lunch. Put it in a ocean & you very well may be the one that becomes lunch!
Perhaps the Monquistan houses are built to accommodate the monkeys & the smallish land(s) that they inhabit. The houses serve the purpose of comfortably housing the little eeh-ooh-aah's & also sustaining their civilization & culture. Imagine if they constructed their houses to "normal" sizes, on those tiny little islands. They'd maybe get one or two buildings to fit, per locale. Actually, when you think about it, the buildings are relatively decent in size, it's just the doors and furnishings that are muy pequeno. So maybe the ships could still be reasonably sized, but the door to the Captain's Quarters may need some banana butter around the jambs in order for us pirates to squeeze on through.

Or perhaps they build big ships because they simply must be able to compete in a volatile and dangerous Spiral. To build tiny ships to fight huge vessels...why that would be just bananas! And we know that those barrel of monkeys are surely in their right minds!

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
I purchased a scull island galleon! (I've been missing the look:) and named it the silver saber. (My flag is a sword wreathed in silver flames, to look like my blades of shade)

I love how now I can be in a real pirate ship and still be high level! I decided to try the nautical gauntlet with my new ship, and see how it preformed. But one of my teammates who hadn't been to Valencia 2 yet, told me to stop being cocky and use a high level ship! I then had to explain to him about the new ships, and he seemed really excited.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

I've always thought like you that the MooShu ships are the most unique we have piloted in the spiral, and some of the sails make them look like real authentic ancient Asian ships!
Three of them! That's two too many! I do keep one around for display and to branch out but isn't 3 being a bit biased to the cows, the horses, the pigs and the Bulls!

For me it's more than a shame that Giorgio has shunned away the Monquistan vessels, if he ever did have a limited time sale with a Monquistan Frigate I would certainly by flying the skies while the kidnapped monkeys loudly bickered about all the characteristics that made me a gangly giant, no I wouldn't do such a thing... would I!

I hope someone over from KI can report on the stolen ships sometime soon
Or maybe your keeping it quite to build up a one of a kind fleet eh?

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Bison Origin, I have extremely fond memories of the Cool Ranch (Before the Stage Coach). I found it to be generally the best part of Cool Ranch or atleast the Bison in general. Not to mention that putting the circular sails on the galleon make it look cool.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
Only one of my pirates, Rogan, has made it to Valencia II*, and he has now purchased three spiral galleons, in order:

Marleybone galleon
Pirate galleon (currently hidden from public view due to its disfigured bow, see Anecorbie's post)
Marleybone frigate.

Mostly Rogan sails around in the frigate.

-Indigo

Chase Nicholsl, a musketeer, is working on it but is having wee problem with the Hydra - the ebon head bug five times running.
Great choices, Indigo....seems your pirates have been rather busy in the land of pointy ponies and ticky-tockies!

I was wondering if both you and Fiorenza would care to share the names of your latest fleet additions. For some reason I am always interested to know if players choose their ships' names or just go randomly rogue and in what names they ended up with. I have seen some pretty clever names out there in the Skyways. I pretty much always choose the name of my ships but, in contrast, I think I have only changed the name of 1 or 2 (out of 1000s) pets.

So did you guys go with random or self-appointed names for your new Valencian-purchased vessels?

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
I chose the completely original aquila galleon XD
I named it mossy lemning after my first Raft from Beta XD

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
I see what you did with the title...making me want some now . As for myself, I bought a Bison Galleon named the Silver Owl.