Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Speculations On the Court (Spoilers included.)

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
I have speculations/observations on the Court; more like the Court Members. Alright, we know that Rooke is off of the chess piece "rook", Phule=jester=jester chess (see Anecorbie's post), and Bishop, off of, well, "bishop". I don't know if you've ever seen the TV series Fringe, but Bishop, being a scientist and all, sure reminds me of the main character (Walter Bishop, a scientist). This might just be a reference; I'm not so sure, and I have many doubts. Even though it's a very good speculation, Anecorbie, about Lady Elite being the Dame/Knight instead of the Queen, I have to disagree she is the queen in the chess piece. Like Anecorbie said, the queen is the only female piece of Chess. I will say, however, I think I may know the pawn. His Class is uncertain, nonetheless. I think his name is Peone. Look up "peone" in your dictionary, and you'll see what I mean, and how it sounds like and relates to "pawn".

They added a mad scientist, a tough cookie, a silly fool, a bad "king", a royal "queen", a kidnapping spymaster... What will they add next? I have been thinking: There needs to be a knight and a pawn. I thought of a scene all of a sudden (I have a new Pirate, Brave Kiley, a Buccaneer, that I am trying to level up. This a scene with my two Pirates, Aurora and Kiley, talking). I'm sorry, this should be done and expressed in real life. But here it is:

Aurora and Kiley are playing chess. After Aurora wittily wins the game and Kiley is about to leave the table, Aurora grabs Kiley's arm and pulls her back down to the chair to talk.

Aurora: Bishop (points to the bishop on the board); Rooke (points to the rook on the board); Phule (points to jester on the board).

Kiley: Arr, where be Deacon?

Aurora: Deacon... is dead.

Come on, guys, think about it! I have a strong feeling that Deacon really is dead. You don't see Deacon again, even in Valencia, Part II. You see Bishop and Rooke again in Valencia, Part II, and you see Phule again in Fort Elena, meaning they all didn't die. Deacon is the only one you have not seen again yet; he is also the second Court Member you defeat in the game of Pirate101. Two is not too far from one.

Technically, you do see Deacon again, but not after he "dies". You only vanquish him once, in Cool Ranch. You see him before that when he imprisoned you and you escaped with Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry, but you only see him.

I hope you all like my post, and I can't wait to hear back! Agree or disagree; I just would like some feedback, you know?

Thanks, Good Hunting, and For the Resistance!

The Dashing Swashbuckler, a.k.a. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 56 1/2 Swashbuckler
The Pirate, a.k.a. Brave Kiley, Level 10 Buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
I have speculations/observations on the Court; more like the Court Members. Alright, we know that Rooke is off of the chess piece "rook", Phule=jester=jester chess (see Anecorbie's post), and Bishop, off of, well, "bishop". I don't know if you've ever seen the TV series Fringe, but Bishop, being a scientist and all, sure reminds me of the main character (Walter Bishop, a scientist). This might just be a reference; I'm not so sure, and I have many doubts. Even though it's a very good speculation, Anecorbie, about Lady Elite being the Dame/Knight instead of the Queen, I have to disagree she is the queen in the chess piece. Like Anecorbie said, the queen is the only female piece of Chess. I will say, however, I think I may know the pawn. His Class is uncertain, nonetheless. I think his name is Peone. Look up "peone" in your dictionary, and you'll see what I mean, and how it sounds like and relates to "pawn".

They added a mad scientist, a tough cookie, a silly fool, a bad "king", a royal "queen", a kidnapping spymaster... What will they add next? I have been thinking: There needs to be a knight and a pawn. I thought of a scene all of a sudden (I have a new Pirate, Brave Kiley, a Buccaneer, that I am trying to level up. This a scene with my two Pirates, Aurora and Kiley, talking). I'm sorry, this should be done and expressed in real life. But here it is:

Aurora and Kiley are playing chess. After Aurora wittily wins the game and Kiley is about to leave the table, Aurora grabs Kiley's arm and pulls her back down to the chair to talk.

Aurora: Bishop (points to the bishop on the board); Rooke (points to the rook on the board); Phule (points to jester on the board).

Kiley: Arr, where be Deacon?

Aurora: Deacon... is dead.

Come on, guys, think about it! I have a strong feeling that Deacon really is dead. You don't see Deacon again, even in Valencia, Part II. You see Bishop and Rooke again in Valencia, Part II, and you see Phule again in Fort Elena, meaning they all didn't die. Deacon is the only one you have not seen again yet; he is also the second Court Member you defeat in the game of Pirate101. Two is not too far from one.

Technically, you do see Deacon again, but not after he "dies". You only vanquish him once, in Cool Ranch. You see him before that when he imprisoned you and you escaped with Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry, but you only see him.

I hope you all like my post, and I can't wait to hear back! Agree or disagree; I just would like some feedback, you know?

Thanks, Good Hunting, and For the Resistance!

The Dashing Swashbuckler, a.k.a. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 56 1/2 Swashbuckler
The Pirate, a.k.a. Brave Kiley, Level 10 Buccaneer
Nice post, Aurora, and I was planning a "Speculations" thread; but now you've started one, there seems no point.
So now we have Kane's Court and the chess board:
Pawns = Marines ( if you know chess, you'll notice that they can attack "en passant" French for "in passing" but this is basically a "Cheap Shot" talent. And they can "Courtly Promote" - becoming Queens. )
Deacon is the Knight, as you can see by his position on the chess board.
Rooke is rook or castle
Bishop is bishop ( and did he survive the battle? The final cut-scene suggests not, but he may have. )
Queen, well I was wrong about her being a knight or having a different name - but I was right about her being a swashbuckler, and a very good one!
So we also know their classes as well:
Kane and Rooke
Deacon
Bishop I was a little disappointed in Bishop, where was his up grades? And not a single sneering line of dialogue addressed to us?
Queen and now she is in complete control of the Armada, as Kane's "finest creation" what will she do now?
This leaves Phule's class to be guessed at, and as you can see there is only one class left:
I hope others see and contribute to your post, it promises to be very interesting!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
2 things:

1. During the black plague some believed it was caused by evil spirits and that the mask Bishop wears would keep them away. It was also worn by doctors during the time.

2. We do see Deacon in Valencia part II. He was also the first elite we killed, not the second.

3. The pawns are the marines and Deacon is the knight.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
2 things:

1. During the black plague some believed it was caused by evil spirits and that the mask Bishop wears would keep them away. It was also worn by doctors during the time.

2. We do see Deacon in Valencia part II. He was also the first elite we killed, not the second.

3. The pawns are the marines and Deacon is the knight.
Very good, Alex, but I need to point out to you that the plague doctor mask wasn't to keep away the plague by it's looks - they believed that the plague was spread by bad smells, so the beak was stuffed with nice smelling herbs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Where will the Armada go from here, now that Kane is no longer in the picture? This would be a perfect time to open negotiations with Marleybone for a truce, since their Supreme Commander is gone. If the Valencian Crown decides that this is wise, will Queen fall in line with Crown policy?
Why do I feel as if She would be more dangerous than Kane? Kane wanted to conceal his actions but Queen has no reason to do this.
Would She attempt a Palace take over?
( Yes, there's a reason I've capitalized "She" )

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
This is a really good topic- I posted similar things a while ago, and one of the things I brainstormed is that one of the 'pawns' could become an elite, harking to their promotion move in chess. That would be interesting...

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
Where will the Armada go from here, now that Kane is no longer in the picture? This would be a perfect time to open negotiations with Marleybone for a truce, since their Supreme Commander is gone. If the Valencian Crown decides that this is wise, will Queen fall in line with Crown policy?
Why do I feel as if She would be more dangerous than Kane? Kane wanted to conceal his actions but Queen has no reason to do this.
Would She attempt a Palace take over?
( Yes, there's a reason I've capitalized "She" )
Perhaps a we could see a coup take place in the near future...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dk4vision on Jul 11, 2016 wrote:
This is a really good topic- I posted similar things a while ago, and one of the things I brainstormed is that one of the 'pawns' could become an elite, harking to their promotion move in chess. That would be interesting...
You mean Queen could take Mr. No-Name Fusilier and change him into Deacon? Maybe with the help of Bishop?

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
You mean Queen could take Mr. No-Name Fusilier and change him into Deacon? Maybe with the help of Bishop?
Bishop's dead.
But yeah, I think that idea could really incorporate the chess theme of the Armada into the game, and provide a plot twist or two. Perhaps that's how the two Rookes and others arrived at the final battle.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
dk4vision on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
Bishop's dead.
But yeah, I think that idea could really incorporate the chess theme of the Armada into the game, and provide a plot twist or two. Perhaps that's how the two Rookes and others arrived at the final battle.
How do we know that Bishop is dead? Couldn't he be unconscious? Without Bishop, Queen won't be able to get new weapons or soldiers.
Yeah, that. Can we believe Kane?
"They're only machines. It was expensive to replace my children, but I managed."
Will Queen put Kane together again even though it would be an empty shell and use that as a way to gain power? Does she dare to let the Valencian Crown know their invincible Supreme Commander was destroyed by a pirate?
One who came under diplomatic immunity with the Ambassador of Monquista, btw?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
How do we know that Bishop is dead? Couldn't he be unconscious? Without Bishop, Queen won't be able to get new weapons or soldiers.
"They're only machines. It was expensive to replace my children, but I managed."
Will Queen put Kane together again even though it would be an empty shell and use that as a way to gain power? Does she dare to let the Valencian Crown know their invincible Supreme Commander was destroyed by a pirate?
Woah, I do now come to realise how possible a war could be!

If Casimir takes it lightly thinking the pirate went rogue then I suppose Monquista wouldn't be to blame (or so they think) but Gortez might take responsibility for us and

Another war!

For Ares!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I thought that whole set up by Kane was pretty fishy... and those crystal 'mirrors' set up around the chessboard... and 'expensive' to bring back his 'children -- what a peculiar statement for someone who has stolen much of the wealth of Valencia, and plundered Skull Island and Marleybone! 'Time-consuming', yes, but Kane has such vast resources the recreation of Deacon & Rooke couldn't have been that intensive.

So, I'm getting ready to fight, thinking is this something of smoke and mirrors? What kind of trickery is going on here?

And then Kane dies. Well, at least his lovely humanoid form that he despised does, his mind and will being somewhere mysterious. But it does seem that if he had planned trickery, it did not work out according to his plan.

You bring up a very good point, Esperanza. Will Queen now openly become the head of the Armada, urging vengeance on the pirate who brought about Kane's demise, or could she make a replica Kane, making it seem that business is as usual while she is really in charge?

It would make for a more subtle and seamless takeover... not to mention devious. For while rumor has it that 'Kane is dead', if 'Kane' appears in Valencia, then that would give lie to the rumor. And there are all sorts of uncomfortable consequences that could result, both personal and for the Resistance, and the Marleybone War.

As for our clever ally, Don Armando, he made it clear that him leaving without our young pirate means that his attache abandoned him. Yes, she had seemed to be the most honorable of people, but how shocking that he was mistaken!... there surely would be some awkwardness, but he has essentially absolved himself and Monquista from guilt.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
Yes, I thought that whole set up by Kane was pretty fishy... and those crystal 'mirrors' set up around the chessboard... and 'expensive' to bring back his 'children -- what a peculiar statement for someone who has stolen much of the wealth of Valencia, and plundered Skull Island and Marleybone! 'Time-consuming', yes, but Kane has such vast resources the recreation of Deacon & Rooke couldn't have been that intensive.

So, I'm getting ready to fight, thinking is this something of smoke and mirrors? What kind of trickery is going on here?

And then Kane dies. Well, at least his lovely humanoid form that he despised does, his mind and will being somewhere mysterious. But it does seem that if he had planned trickery, it did not work out according to his plan.

You bring up a very good point, Esperanza. Will Queen now openly become the head of the Armada, urging vengeance on the pirate who brought about Kane's demise, or could she make a replica Kane, making it seem that business is as usual while she is really in charge?

It would make for a more subtle and seamless takeover... not to mention devious. For while rumor has it that 'Kane is dead', if 'Kane' appears in Valencia, then that would give lie to the rumor. And there are all sorts of uncomfortable consequences that could result, both personal and for the Resistance, and the Marleybone War.

As for our clever ally, Don Armando, he made it clear that him leaving without our young pirate means that his attache abandoned him. Yes, she had seemed to be the most honorable of people, but how shocking that he was mistaken!... there surely would be some awkwardness, but he has essentially absolved himself and Monquista from guilt.
About the Resistance and our contact Nobartenelo - remember he wanted us to take Gazpaccio to a safe place under Resistance protection. Instead we take him to Kane and are directly the cause of Gazpaccio's death! We then emerge from the Machine claiming to have defeated Kane.
If Queen does re-invent a Kane substitute couldn't there be suspicions of betrayal from the Resistance against our pirate?

Side Note: I recently saw a production of Mozart's The Magic Flute, and it hit me - Queen is an analogue for the Queen of the Night!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Were the remaining Elites really in favor of Kane's Grand Design? As we have seen about Phule; he wasn't for it, mainly because Kane would have left him behind in a destroyed Spiral while Kane took the rest to El Dorado in pursuit of his "perfection".
But on thinking this over, why would the other Elites support the Grand Design - what's in it for them? If Kane gains his "perfect form" and re-creates a "perfect Spiral" that would only leave them even more under his control.
And while children aren't "made to replace their fathers" they certainly are made to pursue their own ambitions and life.
Phule claims to be fond of the world he inhabits, this is due to his imagination ( something Kane clearly lacks, notice all the replicated designs ) and therefore he has empathy for the beings he comes in contact with - plus I'm sure he finds us amusing and fun to manipulate to watch the results. The one thing about "perfection" is that's it's boring!
So would Queen, Kane's "greatest creation" support the Grand Design? Or wouldn't she rather have a place to rule for her own?
And Bishop, wouldn't he like to tinker and created machines of destruction or even of peace - seeing how he hasn't had an opportunity to explore this option?
Wouldn't you say it was a good thing for the Elites that we managed to destroy Kane?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
About the Resistance and our contact Nobartenelo - remember he wanted us to take Gazpaccio to a safe place under Resistance protection. Instead we take him to Kane and are directly the cause of Gazpaccio's death! We then emerge from the Machine claiming to have defeated Kane.
If Queen does re-invent a Kane substitute couldn't there be suspicions of betrayal from the Resistance against our pirate?

Side Note: I recently saw a production of Mozart's The Magic Flute, and it hit me - Queen is an analogue for the Queen of the Night!
Esperanza, now you've got the most famous of the Queen of Night's arias (the one where she promises to disown her daughter if the girl doesn't murder the Queen's enemy) stuck in my head!

Now I am thinking, should my pirate be so fortunate as to get a clockwork cherub, I would like to name her 'Pamina'. (Pamina being the Queen of Night's daughter... but you knew that).

And that makes me wonder, since Kane had the gift of creation 'inherited' in some mystical way from his 'father', can Queen create as well? Has she been creating, under Kane's auspices?

And, to the first point: certainly, if Queen arranges a Kane substitute, our pirate's credibility is greatly in question, and not just from the Resistance. That would be a pickle indeed.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
Were the remaining Elites really in favor of Kane's Grand Design? As we have seen about Phule; he wasn't for it, mainly because Kane would have left him behind in a destroyed Spiral while Kane took the rest to El Dorado in pursuit of his "perfection".
But on thinking this over, why would the other Elites support the Grand Design - what's in it for them? If Kane gains his "perfect form" and re-creates a "perfect Spiral" that would only leave them even more under his control.
And while children aren't "made to replace their fathers" they certainly are made to pursue their own ambitions and life.
Phule claims to be fond of the world he inhabits, this is due to his imagination ( something Kane clearly lacks, notice all the replicated designs ) and therefore he has empathy for the beings he comes in contact with - plus I'm sure he finds us amusing and fun to manipulate to watch the results. The one thing about "perfection" is that's it's boring!
So would Queen, Kane's "greatest creation" support the Grand Design? Or wouldn't she rather have a place to rule for her own?
And Bishop, wouldn't he like to tinker and created machines of destruction or even of peace - seeing how he hasn't had an opportunity to explore this option?
Wouldn't you say it was a good thing for the Elites that we managed to destroy Kane?
That's why I wondered (in another thread... somewhere) if: (a) Queen had an active hand in Kane's demise, was (b) was she alone in the plot?

Were I the Elites, I would be concerned as Phule rightfully was, that if the Spiral was completely rebuilt from scratch, would they survive the process? As you say, Esperanza, he had become a danger to them with the plan of the Grand Design. So, was there a conspiracy against Kane?

Phule decidedly betrays Kane - and I almost feel sorry for those Armada clockworks who would have never expected an attack from one of their own. Most likely Phule acted alone, a 'loose cannon'.

We don't know if there was any other conspiracy by the end of Chapter 15. Queen, however, not only survives but laughs in cruel satisfaction. If she only laid plans for her own survival in case of emergency, I would expect a laugh of relief. Her more malevolent satisfaction suggests more than that... thus the suspicion that Kane was really, really surprised at his defeat.

Was she alone? She's the only one we see survive. Was there any arrangements made with the other Elites? After all, while they fought competently, they didn't fight brilliantly in that chess battle, especially Bishop whom I would have expected to have more tricks up his sleeve if he really wanted to defeat us. Are they trusting Queen to repair them accordingly? (Is she worthy of that trust?)

Well, I guess we'll find out. The only counter I would say to your post, Esperanza, is that I don't think Bishop would really be interested in making machines of peace... he seems too nasty to be interested in peaceful applications, and too delighted in the satisfaction of destruction.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
That's why I wondered (in another thread... somewhere) if: (a) Queen had an active hand in Kane's demise, was (b) was she alone in the plot?

Were I the Elites, I would be concerned as Phule rightfully was, that if the Spiral was completely rebuilt from scratch, would they survive the process? As you say, Esperanza, he had become a danger to them with the plan of the Grand Design. So, was there a conspiracy against Kane?

Phule decidedly betrays Kane - and I almost feel sorry for those Armada clockworks who would have never expected an attack from one of their own. Most likely Phule acted alone, a 'loose cannon'.

We don't know if there was any other conspiracy by the end of Chapter 15. Queen, however, not only survives but laughs in cruel satisfaction. If she only laid plans for her own survival in case of emergency, I would expect a laugh of relief. Her more malevolent satisfaction suggests more than that... thus the suspicion that Kane was really, really surprised at his defeat.

Was she alone? She's the only one we see survive. Was there any arrangements made with the other Elites? After all, while they fought competently, they didn't fight brilliantly in that chess battle, especially Bishop whom I would have expected to have more tricks up his sleeve if he really wanted to defeat us. Are they trusting Queen to repair them accordingly? (Is she worthy of that trust?)

Well, I guess we'll find out. The only counter I would say to your post, Esperanza, is that I don't think Bishop would really be interested in making machines of peace... he seems too nasty to be interested in peaceful applications, and too delighted in the satisfaction of destruction.
Since Rooke and Deacon were "only machines" I didn't expect anything different from them. Deacon was missing his "barrage shot" but Rooke had all his powers that we've come to know from Marleybone.
I must say Bishop was a disappointment - no sneering remarks addressed to us, no winding up his staff and shouting "yes!" when he attacks ( lol. so nerdy ). Of course he wouldn't be allowed to use "Leech" in that battle, for other than the Marines, who could he use it on? Certainly not Kane!
So was Bishop a machine also? Perhaps constructed by Bishop to guarantee his survival of the battle?
Were they all in on it? There was a great risk to Queen, what if she hadn't survived? Could she trust the other two Elites? They don't seem very trust worthy.
It may be crazy, but what if they weren't acting in concert but were each following their own plot? ( Rather like an Italian farce. )

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
Since Rooke and Deacon were "only machines" I didn't expect anything different from them. Deacon was missing his "barrage shot" but Rooke had all his powers that we've come to know from Marleybone.
I must say Bishop was a disappointment - no sneering remarks addressed to us, no winding up his staff and shouting "yes!" when he attacks ( lol. so nerdy ). Of course he wouldn't be allowed to use "Leech" in that battle, for other than the Marines, who could he use it on? Certainly not Kane!
So was Bishop a machine also? Perhaps constructed by Bishop to guarantee his survival of the battle?
Were they all in on it? There was a great risk to Queen, what if she hadn't survived? Could she trust the other two Elites? They don't seem very trust worthy.
It may be crazy, but what if they weren't acting in concert but were each following their own plot? ( Rather like an Italian farce. )
Ooo, I like that idea -- that Bishop was a construct created by Bishop to save his (Bishop's) bacon! (got all that? )

Yes, it does seem more likely the Elites are acting on their own plots (or were?) rather than working together, for they've always been in competition. But now, Esperanza, you have me imagining the Elite court mincing about in a very staged Baroque theater dance, singing So ben me cha bon tempo (roughly, 'I know who is having a good life, but ah! I'm not going to say any more!') glancing daggers sidelong at each other!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
But where does Phule go from here? He's certainly burned bridges by siding with us. Unless he claims that we did fight our way in and "force" him to give us that key. ( And would Queen believe him? )
Where can Phule go? To the Resistance? To Skull Island? Marleybone? I ( almost ) feel sorry for him.
And where are those wretched map pieces? Why didn't we rifle Kane's body just to make sure he wasn't carrying them on him? Or find Kane's office and search it? There was a blocked ramp leading upward to another room.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Does anyone here admire Kane? He is actually fun to fight - I love seeing a Deadly Frenzy critical ( even if it's against me )!
Anyway Virtuous Dante Ramsey and I were doing a Kane run and we began commenting on how graceful, tall, mysterious, smart and good looking he was. And I said that I wondered what it would be like to dance in his arms.
Then Dante commented that if he wasn't so evil, he might be a good fellow to know, that he would probably appreciate opera and we concluded that he would be a fan of Mozart.
What happened afterward is best described in another thread.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
Does anyone here admire Kane? He is actually fun to fight - I love seeing a Deadly Frenzy critical ( even if it's against me )!
Anyway Virtuous Dante Ramsey and I were doing a Kane run and we began commenting on how graceful, tall, mysterious, smart and good looking he was. And I said that I wondered what it would be like to dance in his arms.
Then Dante commented that if he wasn't so evil, he might be a good fellow to know, that he would probably appreciate opera and we concluded that he would be a fan of Mozart.
What happened afterward is best described in another thread.
Oh, it is true, I too love seeing Kane's criticals -- despite the damage done to me! (It's sort of 'wow!' + 'here I go again')

And yes, I do love how handsome Kane is, how beautifully dressed, and consumately graceful as well. I really like just looking at him. Oh yes, "handsome is as handsome does" -- I'm sure Anne's birth parents and her Mooshu foster parents told her that all the time, but still, it is difficult not to be enchanted by beauty.

Surely, living in Valencia, Kane must have been to more than one opera! I doubt that Kane would like Mozart though... though Mozart is quite geometrical (in a musical way) and orderly. I think Kane, had he an ear for music at all, would find Mozart too simple. I would hazard more an appreciation for J.S. Bach or Johannes Ciconia (of the Ars Subtilior, late 14th C. - early 15th C.). While I doubt Kane would in any way feel the intense passion of Bach's works, he would enjoy the mathematical complexities and of Ciconia's too, whose methods of organizing rhythm and harmony within the framework of the fully realized notation of the 14th C. can be truly breathtaking. (and crazy even! But it works!)

But, can you imagine, if in that future that never was, we are on hand for the education of Able - handsome, clever, and good. We teach him to love music and dance, and we girl pirates can indeed 'dance in his arms'. Sigh. And then when Kane kills him, we are truly stricken indeed...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 26, 2016 wrote:
Oh, it is true, I too love seeing Kane's criticals -- despite the damage done to me! (It's sort of 'wow!' + 'here I go again')

And yes, I do love how handsome Kane is, how beautifully dressed, and consumately graceful as well. I really like just looking at him. Oh yes, "handsome is as handsome does" -- I'm sure Anne's birth parents and her Mooshu foster parents told her that all the time, but still, it is difficult not to be enchanted by beauty.

Surely, living in Valencia, Kane must have been to more than one opera! I doubt that Kane would like Mozart though... though Mozart is quite geometrical (in a musical way) and orderly. I think Kane, had he an ear for music at all, would find Mozart too simple. I would hazard more an appreciation for J.S. Bach or Johannes Ciconia (of the Ars Subtilior, late 14th C. - early 15th C.). While I doubt Kane would in any way feel the intense passion of Bach's works, he would enjoy the mathematical complexities and of Ciconia's too, whose methods of organizing rhythm and harmony within the framework of the fully realized notation of the 14th C. can be truly breathtaking. (and crazy even! But it works!)

But, can you imagine, if in that future that never was, we are on hand for the education of Able - handsome, clever, and good. We teach him to love music and dance, and we girl pirates can indeed 'dance in his arms'. Sigh. And then when Kane kills him, we are truly stricken indeed...
It was precisely because of the geometry of Mozart's music that we chose him as a "Kane Favorite" among the names tossed around by us during our conversation was Beethoven and then Wagner ( in case he was a Romantic, highly unlikely! ).
I will have to research Johannes Ciconia, I never heard of him and since his music falls into the late middle ages - renaissance era, I look forward to it.