Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

This isn't Fair

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 25, 2010
every time I go to fight those dang scorpions for the spirits in cool ranch in Cueva de la alacran or something, they always beat me. It's so unfair. First strike and repel borders usually minimizes the attack power a bit, but every time they critical and kill me and my companions. I can barely do anything to them. And I have my special buffs in 1 and 2, and they never appear. Please help and fix this. I have struggled on this for so long, and I always lose. I think they are too overpowered and need to be fixed immediately.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TaylorStarCoin on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
every time I go to fight those dang scorpions for the spirits in cool ranch in Cueva de la alacran or something, they always beat me. It's so unfair. First strike and repel borders usually minimizes the attack power a bit, but every time they critical and kill me and my companions. I can barely do anything to them. And I have my special buffs in 1 and 2, and they never appear. Please help and fix this. I have struggled on this for so long, and I always lose. I think they are too overpowered and need to be fixed immediately.
Yes, they are very tough, but others have faced them and won. They weren't any better than you. You can do this!
Now I would like to help you with suggestions:
What is your level and the level of companions you're using?
Are there any side quests you can do to increase your level?
What is your equipment like? Is it appropriate to your class and level?
If you're a Swashbuckler and have trained repel boarders, I suggest you get rid of that talent at once! It is death to Walk in Shadows & Walk in Darkness.
Random Numbers Generator has done in the best tactics for many players: if your best powers don't show then start asking yourself - what can I do instead?
Is there a vulnerable companion on the front line? ( ex. Bonnie Anne ) Move them to the rear.
Send a strong companion to the front. Ratbeard with Hold the Line can stop any approaching enemy.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Without knowing what class your pirate is, what companions you're using etc. it's hard to give you any pointers but I can tell you this... just because you haven't beat it yet doesn't mean it needs to be "fixed immediately". It means you're progressing in the game and you're starting to face more powerful adversaries. Experiment with your companion choices and even their attack positions in battle. You'll figure it out... everyone else did.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I had this same problem on my buccaneer, and these are the things I would recommend to do.

1. Some side quests give companions as rewards, so I would recommend getting them because they will be 2 or 3 levels above your level.

2. Remember to train your companions

3. Side quest to level up

Hope this helps, and see you in the spiral.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
I'd be happy to help you with your fights if you would simply post a time and date, I'll see if I can make it. Sound good? I'm sorry that you're having trouble with this, and I understand that it can be difficult to fight these guys. Just let me know if you decide to take me up on my offer.

-James

Ensign
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks for all the tips guys, but I ended up doing it in the end. it took me a long time of side quest and xp grinding to level up and finally beat them, but it was worth it. Thanks for your helping attitudes.

Ensign
Dec 12, 2010
ez

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Some good advice RE: leveling up as much as possible (you and companions).

Bonnie Anne's special attack nerf's the enemy's dodge abilities, which can be helpful.

Since they are optimized to take on melee crew (and characters), maybe try taking your best shooters against them. The musketeers are squishy, but the scorpions will lose some of their special abilities that only trigger against melee attacks.

And remember, once you are past them and gone up 20 more levels or so, go right back there and stomp on them repeatedly. Pirates should practice their grudge holdin'.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Try fight weaker creatures until you level up. The higher the level, the better health/attack you have. Try to get better gear through fight and by checking the bazaar. If all else fails, try fight with a friend. It makes it easier, and more fun. Good luck

Noble Noah Kirk