Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Whats your favorite part/story in the game?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 25, 2010
My favorite is the magnificent 7 storyline.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
That's a tough one. Either the Turtle Balls, Beachhead, or Valencia part II.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
I'd have to agree with you. The Magnificent Seven storyline is one of my favorites. I loved all of Cool Ranch for that matter. I know I'm in the minority in the sense, but there's just something I love about the whole atmosphere.

Lv. 70
Lv. 69
Lv. 63
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Ensign
Apr 25, 2010
Oooh. That is a tough one indeed. I didn't enjoy marleybone all that much, but I can see where your comin gfrom with the turtle balls and Valencia 2.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Rescuing Catbeard from Johnny Law. (Have you seen what passes for grooming around here?!)

-Indigo

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I don't really have a favourite but I liked the story revolving around La Mancha

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
The whole game is so great that it's hard to pick just one, but if had to pick it would have to be either beachhead or the Rooster Cogburn quests where we hunt down all the outlaws.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
Probably either the Captain Blood story in Haunted Skyway, the Turtle Balls in Subata Skyway, or the Prison Break bit in Port Regal Skyway.

My least favorite of my favorites would be General Tso's story, because on one hand, there were too many cows. On the other hand, there were Yaks, and I like Yaks.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is an interesting question, so many pirate 101 moments and drama to keep track.

If I would choose one, my favorite part of the story line is when my pirate character defeated Deacon in cool ranch, that was the most memorable moment as a player.

Valencia 2 was a punishing and rewarding journey. The best part was well fighting for Valencia.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
I like the companion promotion quests (mostly the presidio companions the best, I am looking forward to the Bob's your uncle quest).

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
The magnificent 7 storyline, Miranda, the minotaur, the Trojan war, or taming the kurghas.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Tumbleweed and Cooper's Roost, or Books 7 and 9!

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
I had fun doing marleybone

Unfair Angel 70
Ruthless Valerian Underwood 70

Jeremy 67
Valdus 54
Unfair Angel 70

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Wow, that's such a hard question to answer! There are so many great parts in this story.

Although it's a bit cheating (because it is so encompassing), my favorite parts are the ones with the Armada. I love the Armada (well, not that way... I love them as villains); they make such a chilling and formidable enemy. I especially loved being terrorized by Deacon (!) and later Kane (!!). The times were I wasn't expecting them to pop out of nowhere (or drop bombs on me! in the case of those Dragoons in Marleybone) were the best.

Some other favorite parts that come to mind:
-- The Monkey's Paw, which beautifully mingled horror and pathos (I even shed tears for the terrible but ultimately redeemed fate of the winged monkeys) with great Poe-like atmosphere. I think Poe would have approved, along with Mary Shelley, Ann Radcliffe (the real one, not me), and all those pioneers of the genre.

-- Death & Captain Blood: I particularly liked the riff on the famous folk-tale motif 'Death is tricked by..." It was also an excellent, absorbing story.

-- Bonnie Anne' promotion quests #2 & #3.

-- Beach head. Boy that really jazzed me up! And the Wreck of the Victory. I suppose really this is covered by #1 above, but Marleybone in general was really a favorite.

-- The Valencian Throne Room. Yes, it's covered by #1, but I really liked that sudden surge of "huh? What??!!" I got the first time playing it. We had been set up very nicely by not even seeing an Armada clockwork until then!

-- Coming up with Aegilles Triumphal Feast (and how I laughed at its conclusion!)

-- All the poetry references, particularly the Shakespeare ones -- especially the 'performance' of Pyramus & Thisbe

And there are so many others! It sure has been a great game to play and story to enjoy.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Polaris4two on Jul 9, 2016 wrote:
I like the companion promotion quests (mostly the presidio companions the best, I am looking forward to the Bob's your uncle quest).
Be careful what you wish for LOL! That one can be tough with the glitch thing still going on. (4 fails for me so far - all caused by the glitching)