Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Pain from Kane - a Parody

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The scene is a cozy parlor in a Marleybone townhouse. Catbeard and Gracie Conrad have been endeavoring to correct Esperanza's deplorable Skull Island accent. They are all exhausted, when:
Esperanza: ( enunciating correctly ) The pain from Kane falls mainly on your brain.
Catbeard: What was that?
Gracie: Eh?
E: The pain from Kane falls mainly on your brain.
CB: By Jove, she's got it. By Jove, she's got it.
Now, once again, where does it pain?
E: On your brain, On your brain.
CB: And who gives you pain?
E: It's Kane, it's Kane.
CB: In Hamamitsu, Westminster and Aragon...
E: Vortices hardly ever happen.
CB rings a few bells.
E: How nice of you to let me join the team up.
CB: Now, once again, where does it pain?
E: On my brain, on my brain.
CB: And who gives you that blasted pain?
E: He's Kane, he's Kane.
All together: The pain from Kane falls mainly on your brain.
The pain from Kane falls mainly on your brain!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Esperanza, I meant to comment on this a while back. But you had possibly taken a little break from posting, so I chose to wait until you came back. And then I just plain forgot!

I missed the parody posting, but I stumbled upon it after purposely looking for it, after our in-game conversation where you said you would be posting a "The Rain in Spain" parody, at some point. Well, I found it and I must say that I rather enjoyed it. You picked absolutely the perfect companions to play out the parody and I bet even Audry Hepburn and Rex Harrison would have gotten a grand kick out of it.

I laughed quite a bit as I read, and re-enacted, your version-- making sure to overemphasize the enunciation. Very nicely done and thanks for sharing!

Pretty soon you will be able to say, "The 'Bane of Kane' falls mainly on Kane's brain!"