Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I have a question

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Recently I was in a ranked pvp match against a swashbuckler equipped with the Shell Shocker ( crown shop )
This grants - Super Charge with a -50% accuracy debuff. Yet I was still able to hit him with talent attacks, FS, Riposte, about 2 out of 3 times.
My normal accuracy 154, if my math is correct that should have reduced it to 73 ( rounding up ).
How was it possible for me to keep hitting him?

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
anecorbie on Jul 1, 2016 wrote:
Recently I was in a ranked pvp match against a swashbuckler equipped with the Shell Shocker ( crown shop )
This grants - Super Charge with a -50% accuracy debuff. Yet I was still able to hit him with talent attacks, FS, Riposte, about 2 out of 3 times.
My normal accuracy 154, if my math is correct that should have reduced it to 73 ( rounding up ).
How was it possible for me to keep hitting him?
Is all luck. You could have 1 accuracy and he could have 150 dodge, but you will always have a minimum chance of landing a hit on a target. It could have just been that you were very lucky that match.

Grab someone that has a pet with the Sandstorm power and test it out. Sandstorm reduces the accuracy of the target by 100% for 2 turns. You would think that someone with -100% accuracy would NEVER hit during those 2 turns right? Well, not exactly.. Since there is a minimum chance of you hitting, even if your accuracy is 0 and the opponent's dodge is 200, you will always have a small chance of landing a hit.

I can't tell you for sure what that small lowest chance is, but my guess is that it is somewhere around 20% chance to land a hit no matter how big the difference between accuracy and dodge is. So while extremely unlikely for you to land multiple hits, it is NOT impossible.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oh thank you for the answer and I had forgotten to factor in El Toro's Esprit de Corps. It was funny he was sure that I wouldn't be able to land a hit at all. He was very annoyed.