Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My thoughts on June KI Live

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 09, 2017
Why was there even a thread made for questions to be answered? I waited the 6 days since that thread was made and it took about an hour of repeated asking in the stream for one of the devs to tell me no questions about Pirate101 are on the agenda.

I don't care that they hadn't planned on answering Pirate101 questions. I know the dev team stopped caring a while ago, but it's completely unfair the playerbase to ask specifically for Pirate101 questions to be answered and then not even give a little heads up in the beginning of the show to say those questions wouldn't even be answered.

But it was great hearing questions answered like what the devs' favorite badges in Wizard101 are for the 5th time in a row.

Just rename the show to Wizards Live.

Administrator
MajestyKI on Jun 25, 2020 wrote:
Why was there even a thread made for questions to be answered? I waited the 6 days since that thread was made and it took about an hour of repeated asking in the stream for one of the devs to tell me no questions about Pirate101 are on the agenda.

I don't care that they hadn't planned on answering Pirate101 questions. I know the dev team stopped caring a while ago, but it's completely unfair the playerbase to ask specifically for Pirate101 questions to be answered and then not even give a little heads up in the beginning of the show to say those questions wouldn't even be answered.

But it was great hearing questions answered like what the devs' favorite badges in Wizard101 are for the 5th time in a row.

Just rename the show to Wizards Live.
Thanks for tuning into the show! We didn't answer any Pirate101 questions because unfortunately there were no Pirate101 questions we could answer :(.

I know that we're in a news void right now with no major updates, but it's also useful to get community updates as well that we can share on the show. We'll promote those too!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Bat Masterson on Jun 26, 2020 wrote:
Thanks for tuning into the show! We didn't answer any Pirate101 questions because unfortunately there were no Pirate101 questions we could answer :(.

I know that we're in a news void right now with no major updates, but it's also useful to get community updates as well that we can share on the show. We'll promote those too!
We did give you questions. We gave you the important ones tat we wanted answered. If you didn't answer the most important questions about Pirate101 then I can't trust you to present a solution. Mend this situation immediately.

Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
Bat Masterson on Jun 26, 2020 wrote:

How is this game ever going to grow without an investment for future content? How do you ever expect this small player base on Pirate101 to advertise and get our friends to play your game when the game does not get talked about even on a monthly livestream from the company that created it? I personally have tried to get my friends to play this game with me, but how am I supposed to hype up a game that has not seen life in 6 years? How are you guys going to sit back and ignore all the important questions to answer and just pretend like this game does not exist? How can you show community updates during the KI Live show when there are no community updates to share? The only update in the community I see is a dwindling playerbase that will never grow unless the game gets some love. It takes money to invest in a game to get it going so why don't we take out a good business loan and hire a dedicated Pirate101 team to get the show on the road?

The real answer we want to hear from you guys is why you guys cannot answer our questions. The only thing that has ever been said is that we need more pirates sailing in the skyways to create more content. Well I think we need more content in order to get more pirates in the skyway.

We need more pirates in the skyways that are hyped for the game enough to spend crowns on energy, and energy gear for pets, brand new packs, crafting (if it ever comes to the game), fishing (if it ever comes to the game), chests after boss fights, etc.

We also need a better ship combat system that is not just spamming 1 2 3 4 on the keyboard everytime the timers hit 0.

Bat masterson do you agree that these are reasonable things to ask and want from a company that developed a game that we pay for? I only ask you to PLEASE just address these concerns and give us SOMETHING more than "We just don't have anything like that planned :(" We deserve a lot more than that 8 word sentence don't you agree?

Administrator
StormBlade604 on Jun 28, 2020 wrote:
How is this game ever going to grow without an investment for future content? How do you ever expect this small player base on Pirate101 to advertise and get our friends to play your game when the game does not get talked about even on a monthly livestream from the company that created it? I personally have tried to get my friends to play this game with me, but how am I supposed to hype up a game that has not seen life in 6 years? How are you guys going to sit back and ignore all the important questions to answer and just pretend like this game does not exist? How can you show community updates during the KI Live show when there are no community updates to share? The only update in the community I see is a dwindling playerbase that will never grow unless the game gets some love. It takes money to invest in a game to get it going so why don't we take out a good business loan and hire a dedicated Pirate101 team to get the show on the road?

The real answer we want to hear from you guys is why you guys cannot answer our questions. The only thing that has ever been said is that we need more pirates sailing in the skyways to create more content. Well I think we need more content in order to get more pirates in the skyway.

We need more pirates in the skyways that are hyped for the game enough to spend crowns on energy, and energy gear for pets, brand new packs, crafting (if it ever comes to the game), fishing (if it ever comes to the game), chests after boss fights, etc.

We also need a better ship combat system that is not just spamming 1 2 3 4 on the keyboard everytime the timers hit 0.

Bat masterson do you agree that these are reasonable things to ask and want from a company that developed a game that we pay for? I only ask you to PLEASE just address these concerns and give us SOMETHING more than "We just don't have anything like that planned :(" We deserve a lot more than that 8 word sentence don't you agree?
I wish we could give you more at this time, but we don't have a major story content update planned. I'm asking the team when we might have something else though.

These other questions have been answered already and repeatedly asked, so we don't include them anymore. If I missed one though that hasn't already been asked and that we can answer, please ask it for next month's and I'll be sure to include it! My apologies if I did miss any.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2017
Bat Masterson on Jun 29, 2020 wrote:
I wish we could give you more at this time, but we don't have a major story content update planned. I'm asking the team when we might have something else though.

These other questions have been answered already and repeatedly asked, so we don't include them anymore. If I missed one though that hasn't already been asked and that we can answer, please ask it for next month's and I'll be sure to include it! My apologies if I did miss any.
These other questions have been answered already and repeatedly asked.

I don't think there's been one stream where the question "When is the new world coming out?" for Wizard101 hasn't been answered. So it's a little disheartening when 70% of the questions asked if weapons that were already in the game are going to be re-released and the devs, instead of replying with a simple "no", keep viewers hanging for an hour and a half on a show that supposedly includes both MMOs but instead puts their focus 100% on a game they might not even play.

I really appreciate that you take the time to reply to the community, Bat. You've been one of the most honest with us throughout this mess.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

I purchased a gift card for Crowns, access to these boards for a month.

Who exactly is "the team" at this point? I've come to believe that there is maybe one person actually responsible for regular maintenance of the game -- turning on/off scheduled member benefits, monthly sales, quarterly PvP items, etc. Otherwise, there is little evidence that Pirate101 has anyone working on anything at all. No staff besides your good self has visited this message board in a very, very long time.

The main reason the community has only a single question left - where are OUR updates -- is because there is very little else to ask about. We can only ask "Who is your favorite companion?" so many times.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

we dont want story updates, we're asking for champ weps the actual least you could do

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
zuto4011a on Jul 1, 2020 wrote:
we dont want story updates, we're asking for champ weps the actual least you could do
I mean a story update would be nice but at this rate the odds are stacked against that.

I've been trying my best to bring new people in, whether that's by making memes and references wherever I can or otherwise just talking about it more. Unless P101 and Wiz101 becomes more profitable to work on than the mobile games KI seems to be focusing on, then likely this is the end of the line for both games.

Like, they have a pretty untapped market on their hands(kid friendly games based around traditionally young adult topics) and there is a lot they can do with their interconnected universe of the Spiral. But so far aside from a canonical timeline and the B.O.X. event in Wiz(which due to the time travel aspect likely is dubious in terms of the canon) there isn't a lot of stuff here. Like it would be amazing to have more games based around this market while also taking place in the Spiral! although that might not be the best idea long-term.

But from what I've seen, the higher ups at KI don't see this and are content in throwing mobile games at the wall and hoping(practically begging considering how many they've made) for one of them to hit big, while at the same time ignoring these games which long-term could easily bring in more money... at least before.

Now that the community for both games is declining and people are only coming back due to nostalgia(i'm one of them) chances are both games are gonna get the can in the near future. Which ironically enough would likely kill the company(seriously KI's mobile games don't appeal to me at all, I didn't even know half of them existed)

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Actually, yes, we do want story updates. We want something besides fighting the same fights over and over again to do. We want something other than PVP for the folks who don't like PVP.

I wish KI would have the guts to just come right out and say they have no more interest in P101. This is like someone ghosting a former friend or lover because they don't have the decency to break up face to face. We're left flapping in the breeze and hoping desperately for some small crumb of attention/affection and getting nothing.

You're giving us nothing and still expect us to give you money for membership or crowns. How is that fair?

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
I mean story updates would be nice, but considering the state of the game I doubt that will ever happen again.

Like KI is confusing me with how they're handling their games. On one hand they have 2 very successful games(P101 and Wiz101) both of which have the potential to be some of the most unique MMO's ever made(I cannot for the life of me think of any other MMO which focuses more so on story than WIZ and Pirate. most MMO's I play have the story as a sort of backdrop, and in some I literally can just ignore the story entirely) but instead they're trying to cash into the mobile market even though they already have 2 games right in front on them that if they were to actually support they could easily make more money than what little they likely made from their mobile games.

It baffles me to say the least. But it's not surprising considering I literally only made an account due to nostalgia.

The only way I can think of that we as a community(small as we may be now) to revive pirate is to attract new players ourselfs, whether that be by helping new people or making jokes and references whenever the chance strikes in the hopes of snagging a few new players. If the game has a resurgence of players KI would be an idiot to not capitalize on that and add new content, and hopefully would have to up the team for Pirate101 because I don't think it's that far out to assume that there is only say 3 people working on Pirate(looking at the patch notes for example I notice every year the actual amount of content is less and less)

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
I agree, bring back the champion weapons if we are not going to get any real updates at least give us end game content through ranked. very least they can do for the game.