Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questions and Tips for May 2020 KI Live

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Pirates! Post your KI Live questions here if you want a chance to have them featured on the show! ONE question and/or tip PER PLAYER. If we see any spamming of questions or tips, we will automatically discount your submissions.

Keep in mind that we literally receive hundreds of submissions and only a handful are able to be answered. We will do our best to prioritize!

Designate in your post whether it is a [Question] or [Tip].

We will also have a screenshot request social post up soon. Watch for it!

KI Live is set for a friendly May 28 at 4pm CT

Thank you!

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Bat Masterson on May 21, 2020 wrote:
Pirates! Post your KI Live questions here if you want a chance to have them featured on the show! ONE question and/or tip PER PLAYER. If we see any spamming of questions or tips, we will automatically discount your submissions.

Keep in mind that we literally receive hundreds of submissions and only a handful are able to be answered. We will do our best to prioritize!

Thank you!
Tip: If a companion can learn relentless, you should always teach it relentless 2.

Question: Which is better between Lucky Jack Russell and Egg Shen for the Kane boss fight?

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
Amazingshot123 on May 22, 2020 wrote:
Tip: If a companion can learn relentless, you should always teach it relentless 2.

Question: Which is better between Lucky Jack Russell and Egg Shen for the Kane boss fight?
I can answer that right now. As a Privateer, I have both - and Lucky Jack Russel is objectively better in my opinion.

Question: What would Kingsisle's argument be to long-time subscribers (like myself since Beta), in order to convince them to keep their subscriptions? I find myself faced with a dilemma - continue to pay for no content, or pay for another game with said money.

Alternatively, since I know that question will be ignored -

Tip: If you find yourself struggling with Valencia Part 2, take a close look at your companions and their epics. By this point, many of your side quest companions will have fallen behind in epics - but characters like the Mooshu Five and Presidio Companions (as well as others) will be much better equipped to take on the Armada's finest. Make sure to prioritize Relentless and Blade Storm (or Vengeance Strike on a buccaneer) to maximize your damage output.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Question: When will we see the return of the old champion weapons and if we wont will we see new viable ones?

Tip: Learning how far companions can move with charges will save your life in pvp, remember companions with 4 movement range can hit up to 9 with a charge

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013

Thank you!
Question:
Due to the Covid-19 Virus the population on P101 has been increasing and so Is there any plans for content? What I mean is there gonna be, more grinding places? (Such as a similar gauntlet to the tower of moo manchu) Or will there be any more story driven content? It was heavily implied that we were suppose to go to Polaris after V2 but its been four years since V2 and nothing new.

I would prefer that the question would be answered but if not

Tip: If you are struggling in Valencia using Overwatch 3 Bonnie (Atleast sniper) with El toro (Masked Champion) make a pretty good team with overwatch 3 reducing accuracy by 50% who get near combined with with El toro's 25% dodge increase from his abilities make your team very hard to hit.

Ensign
Dec 05, 2012
Question: What is the best crown shop companion?

Ensign
Feb 01, 2013
[Question]
Are there any ways for a new pirate to get a mount other then the crown shop?

Ensign
Oct 03, 2014
Tip: its always better when your fighting with friends cause you get more rewards.

Question: I was recently looking up kane and noticed that he only dropped his mask. I heard he dropped his robe back in test realm but it was removed from his reward pool when it came to live could i have a answer as to why the robe was removed thank you

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Question: As a lower level Musketeer (14), which companion(s) should I focus on training and leveling as I go on to set me up for success farther in the game? Is there one that is favored over the others? Or are they all about equal?

Thanks,
Darling Savannah

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
When will the champion weapons return to ranked pvp?

Valdus- level 70

Ensign
Jun 01, 2017
Question: What was the concept for the ethereal experience of the stormgates between worlds? How can it be more inclusive into the gameplay?

Tip: If you want to change the color of your gear, head to Marie Colour in the robe vendor's shop in Skull Island.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
OneFallNBoi on May 25, 2020 wrote:
[Question]
Yes, you can get the clockwork steed or battle angel wings from the kane fight.

Question: how many books was the story supposed to originally cover, and will we get any more story content?

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
OneFallNBoi on May 25, 2020 wrote:
[Question]
Around Christmas, they do an event (I forget what it's called) where little Christmas presents pop up all over Skull Island (maybe other areas too?). Those boxes have 7-day mounts in them. I have about 20 of them, and they're varied. I don't know of a way to get a permanent mount without using Crowns or buying a bundle with real life money.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Tip: If you're having trouble with your nautical level, you could assign your companions to get nautical exp for you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
OmniTurbo on May 26, 2020 wrote:
Yes, you can get the clockwork steed or battle angel wings from the kane fight.

Question: how many books was the story supposed to originally cover, and will we get any more story content?
There are a few bosses that drop mounts - in the tower of Moo Manchu you can get the a Corrupted Ki-Rin or the normal speed Batacuda.
And I believe Friar Sand drops the Flying Turtle mount.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
magicbear1998 on May 26, 2020 wrote:
Around Christmas, they do an event (I forget what it's called) where little Christmas presents pop up all over Skull Island (maybe other areas too?). Those boxes have 7-day mounts in them. I have about 20 of them, and they're varied. I don't know of a way to get a permanent mount without using Crowns or buying a bundle with real life money.
A select few Bosses are capable of dropping Permanent mounts. For example, Kane can drop the Buccaneer's Clockwork Steed mount and the Clockwork Wings mount, both of them being permanent.

Ensign
Jun 07, 2019

Thank you!
[Tip] I've noticed that there are a lot of new players because of the quarantine so here's a tip for any new players or anyone making a new pirate.

At the beginning of the game, Boochbeard and Gandry ask you how your parents died. The choice you make will determine which Presidio companion you will get later on in the game. (Note: They are all recruited at the same level.)

Giant Squid give you Birgus Latro (buccaneer) a crab thug who comes with vengeance strike

Lost gives you Lucky Jack Russell (privateer) a dog pirate who comes with blade storm

Choosing Mutiny will get you Dead Mike (buccaneer) an undead pirate equipped with riposte

Armada gets you Gaspard de Vole (buccaneer) a guinea pig guard with first strike

Last but not least choosing thunderstorm gives you Milo Graytail (swashbuckler) a rat brigand with cheap shot

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
anecorbie on May 27, 2020 wrote:
There are a few bosses that drop mounts - in the tower of Moo Manchu you can get the a Corrupted Ki-Rin or the normal speed Batacuda.
And I believe Friar Sand drops the Flying Turtle mount.
Doesn't he drop the batacuda mount?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amazingshot123 on May 29, 2020 wrote:
He may, I've only got the turtle from him.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Amazingshot123 on May 29, 2020 wrote:
Not sure about the batacuda, but I can verify he drops the turtle, as I have one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Thank you!
After viewing the recent KI Live, I feel that the name of the show ought to be Wizard101 Live, because there was next to nothing about P101 shown.
Not even a few dance clips added to the intro.