Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ideas and Points

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I love this game. I made this forum/message board account specifically for this one post. Kingsisle has made a great game with Pirate101, although rushed towards the end. In this post, I want to make a few points, as well as some suggestions.

I have played this game since mid-2012, and I still enjoy it to this day, and many, other people do too. I’ve never been able to finish the game (rather like Kingsisle), but while questing towards the Machine dungeon on my main, I needed some help. I was stuck on the Clock Works. I teleported to Skull Island, and asked if anyone could help me out. I’m a Privateer, and I’m not the best at the game, so I occasionally need a carry. He carried me through the end of dungeon and we made small talk while going through the rest of the dungeon. While talking to him, he asked my age and I asked his. What I learned from this, is that people of all ages still play this game, and enjoy it, running through the game with multiple characters, and try new classes.
This brings me to my next point. With the current situation in the world, with the COVID-19 epidemic, people have to stay inside, and are playing games they haven’t in a while, and it’s evident with Pirate101. I’m seeing multiple times as many people playing in the paid parts of the game than I’ve seen previously. I put two and two together, and thought that people are buying more memberships to play through this amazing game. Thus, I think, not sure, but pretty certain Kingsisle are making slightly more money from Pirate than usually. With this, my interest was piqued. I went on YouTube, and watched some videos on the game, and old plans for development, I saw a video on youtube showcasing unused character models and animations for new companions and mobs. It showed off a newly promoted Hawkules, Argos, Monkey King, Catbeard, as well as newly promoted Kracken Skulls companions.. It also showcased two Bears, a Penguin soldier, Donkey Hotay, Don Giovanni, and others. The video is from 2018, so it likely is news to only me ._.
Time for my suggestions! First, if the revenue from increased people playing Pirate101 is enough to even cause a new story update to potentially happen, there will definitely be doubts about the potential update’s success, so make a Twitter poll. If the votes are worth making a new story update, then tease it, make a new advertisement. Seeing the original ad on TV when I was younger sparked my imagination, and made me want to play this game, and a new one would probably attract many new players.
But the sad part is, I, for all my optimism, know that new story update will likely never happen. I’m going to take a snippet from a reply from Bat Masterson on the ‘Questions and Tips for April 2020 KI Live’ post:
“Sorry Anecorbie, but you are right, we are focusing on Wizard101's Spring Update. I wish we had more news for Pirate101, but we don't at this time.”
Reading that basically dashed all my hopes, but I believe that if Kingsisle really wanted to, they could push out a full, well done, fresh from the oven story update.
But, if this update I dream nightly of isn’t to be, then please, remove the empty stormgates, especially the one in Calabria Skyway to Polaris, remove the name ‘Andalusian Skyway’, since it makes me quiver with hope, and add the new companion promotions as coin promos, and the new companions as crown shop items.

Please, Kingsisle, hear my pleas, make the Twitter poll, you’ll be sure I’ll vote yes, bring this game I love a new story update, or cut out all the loose ends in the Spiral.

Thank you all for reading my rant/wet dream,
You can call me Omni,
And I hope to hear more from the general community, and to see more from Kingsisle.

I love this game so much please don’t give up on it.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
OmniTurbo on Apr 29, 2020 wrote:
I love this game. I made this forum/message board account specifically for this one post. Kingsisle has made a great game with Pirate101, although rushed towards the end. In this post, I want to make a few points, as well as some suggestions.

I have played this game since mid-2012, and I still enjoy it to this day, and many, other people do too. I’ve never been able to finish the game (rather like Kingsisle), but while questing towards the Machine dungeon on my main, I needed some help. I was stuck on the Clock Works. I teleported to Skull Island, and asked if anyone could help me out. I’m a Privateer, and I’m not the best at the game, so I occasionally need a carry. He carried me through the end of dungeon and we made small talk while going through the rest of the dungeon. While talking to him, he asked my age and I asked his. What I learned from this, is that people of all ages still play this game, and enjoy it, running through the game with multiple characters, and try new classes.
This brings me to my next point. With the current situation in the world, with the COVID-19 epidemic, people have to stay inside, and are playing games they haven’t in a while, and it’s evident with Pirate101. I’m seeing multiple times as many people playing in the paid parts of the game than I’ve seen previously. I put two and two together, and thought that people are buying more memberships to play through this amazing game. Thus, I think, not sure, but pretty certain Kingsisle are making slightly more money from Pirate than usually. With this, my interest was piqued. I went on YouTube, and watched some videos on the game, and old plans for development, I saw a video on youtube showcasing unused character models and animations for new companions and mobs. It showed off a newly promoted Hawkules, Argos, Monkey King, Catbeard, as well as newly promoted Kracken Skulls companions.. It also showcased two Bears, a Penguin soldier, Donkey Hotay, Don Giovanni, and others. The video is from 2018, so it likely is news to only me ._.
Time for my suggestions! First, if the revenue from increased people playing Pirate101 is enough to even cause a new story update to potentially happen, there will definitely be doubts about the potential update’s success, so make a Twitter poll. If the votes are worth making a new story update, then tease it, make a new advertisement. Seeing the original ad on TV when I was younger sparked my imagination, and made me want to play this game, and a new one would probably attract many new players.
But the sad part is, I, for all my optimism, know that new story update will likely never happen. I’m going to take a snippet from a reply from Bat Masterson on the ‘Questions and Tips for April 2020 KI Live’ post:
“Sorry Anecorbie, but you are right, we are focusing on Wizard101's Spring Update. I wish we had more news for Pirate101, but we don't at this time.”
Reading that basically dashed all my hopes, but I believe that if Kingsisle really wanted to, they could push out a full, well done, fresh from the oven story update.
But, if this update I dream nightly of isn’t to be, then please, remove the empty stormgates, especially the one in Calabria Skyway to Polaris, remove the name ‘Andalusian Skyway’, since it makes me quiver with hope, and add the new companion promotions as coin promos, and the new companions as crown shop items.

Please, Kingsisle, hear my pleas, make the Twitter poll, you’ll be sure I’ll vote yes, bring this game I love a new story update, or cut out all the loose ends in the Spiral.

You can call me Omni,
And I hope to hear more from the general community, and to see more from Kingsisle.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm tired of waiting, three-and-a-half years is more then enough time.

What we have now is not good enough. Kingsisle's promises to keep supporting this game have been effectively violated. I demand the content that I am supporting this game for.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
OmniTurbo on Apr 29, 2020 wrote:

You can call me Omni,

Welcome to the message boards, Omni!

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
I completely support this and I hope that KI realizes that this game has serious potential

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks corbie, I don't know if you guys have seen the video I mentioned, but it's really cool, and if you haven't check it out, it's called 'Pirate101 - Showcase: Unreleased Mobs and Animations'. I still think it's crazy that KI haven't done anything with these assets.