Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctors

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 02, 2015
Alright so as everyone knows witchdoctors have a bunch of trouble in the pvp community, now i am not gonna be talking about how hard it is to be a witch.

So i learned about this card called chain lightning back in 2016, i eventually made a witch in 2018 and maxed it by 2019. I used chain lightning probably 5 times in pve, and several times in pvp, just so i could figure it out because i doubted kingsisle lied about the 75% chance, surely enough i had an idea earlier today and a friend of mine tested it. Chain lightning is no doubt a 75% chance, but the reason it cannot chain very well is because it will target all squares, it's incapable of registering where the enemy units are and sticking to them. So that 75% chance is true, but the chance to chain on enemy units will drop anywhere from 5%-15% depending on where your units are on the board, and how many units you got left. Yer chances of it not going off to a random square with no enemy units seem to be far higher then yer chance for it to stick to the enemy units. So yes chain lightning is a 75% chance but is it useful? No, because it is incapable of telling squares apart. Due to this reason it feels like the 75% chance is way less then it actually is when in reality it just needs a buff. So i direct this message to Kingsisle. Can you pretty please look into chain lightning? and if i am right can you make it target only squared with enemy units on it? This'll be a very good thing for witches! it won't be busted due to the lack of damage, and 75% becomes more likely to fail overtime, so it's not like it will hurt anybody in the pvp community, but if it does get this kind of fix that would be amazing! As of right now chain lightning is the only (yes only) card in the game that WILL target any square randomly.

Btw. I didn't know where to put this comment, but i am pretty sure this is considered feedback, if i am wrong i am sorry.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2016
I have a similar idea to help out the Witchdoctors but, mine involved a little spell called " Shadow Step" ... I think Witchdoctors only should be able to select any target and "Force" them to port where they choose... A little improvement that could potentially Help Witchdoctors out tremendously!

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
even if chain lightning got buffed, it would do nothing to help witchdoctors.

witch hunter needs to be reverted or removed, it still makes little sense to me that there's a hard counter ability in this game that offers little to no counterplay.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2015
caleb10104 on May 4, 2020 wrote:
even if chain lightning got buffed, it would do nothing to help witchdoctors.

witch hunter needs to be reverted or removed, it still makes little sense to me that there's a hard counter ability in this game that offers little to no counterplay.
I agree, i'd just really love to see chain lightning get a fix. Personally the thread i wrote was more of a theory, that doesn't have allot of evidence behind it, but it really does feel like chain lightning goes off enemy squares allot. Like there's a visual effect that heavily suggests chain lightning can go off enemy squares, then you got the fact it fails so much more in smaller groups. So like maybe the chance is like 15% or something, but either way. Whether or not i'm wrong or i'm right, i'd really love to see chain lightning get a huge fix.

Ensign
Sep 02, 2015
Valkoor Smackery on May 4, 2020 wrote:
I have a similar idea to help out the Witchdoctors but, mine involved a little spell called " Shadow Step" ... I think Witchdoctors only should be able to select any target and "Force" them to port where they choose... A little improvement that could potentially Help Witchdoctors out tremendously!
I'd love to see that ngl, but at the same time i don't think i'd want that. So what i'd really love to see is a shadow step that can target anything. Barricades,enemy units, and yer own units. So imagine this aight? So i am rocking temujin right? (or whatever companion you wanna visual) I click on shadow step, then put it on temujin and then when i switch over to choosing what temujin does, it shows i can move temujin anywhere on the map and even attack.So i have temujin attack the enemy unit all the way across the map, next thing you know when the combat phase kicks in, it shows my pirate teleport temujin all the way to the square (i just had temujin select in the planning phase) and temujin attacks. Now that wouldn't be to busted considering that's 1 unit and could easily be killed off. Anyhow, case in point: That's something i'd really love to see. That would honestly be a major leap for witchdoctors.

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
dragonfighter1p on May 11, 2020 wrote:
I'd love to see that ngl, but at the same time i don't think i'd want that. So what i'd really love to see is a shadow step that can target anything. Barricades,enemy units, and yer own units. So imagine this aight? So i am rocking temujin right? (or whatever companion you wanna visual) I click on shadow step, then put it on temujin and then when i switch over to choosing what temujin does, it shows i can move temujin anywhere on the map and even attack.So i have temujin attack the enemy unit all the way across the map, next thing you know when the combat phase kicks in, it shows my pirate teleport temujin all the way to the square (i just had temujin select in the planning phase) and temujin attacks. Now that wouldn't be to busted considering that's 1 unit and could easily be killed off. Anyhow, case in point: That's something i'd really love to see. That would honestly be a major leap for witchdoctors.
I mean the biggest help for witchdoctor would be getting rid of the witch hunter ability but also having actually good exclusive companions, a signature spell, about a 5-10% base accuracy increase