Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How come I am unable to stitch these items.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 27, 2012
I am trying to stitch two items together but for some reason cannot. The appearance of the Hand Crossbows and the stats of the Ol' Quigley. These are both shooty weapons and yet the game does not want me to stitch these. Does anybody happen to know why? I would apreciate the help.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
devloto on Mar 30, 2020 wrote:
I am trying to stitch two items together but for some reason cannot. The appearance of the Hand Crossbows and the stats of the Ol' Quigley. These are both shooty weapons and yet the game does not want me to stitch these. Does anybody happen to know why? I would apreciate the help.
Some items can't be stitched, sometimes it involves special animations; sometimes its type of weapons. The crossbows are like pistols ( 2 guns ) and I believe Ol' Quigley is a rifle ( ? ) and has a longer range. If I'm correct, then that's why you can't stitch these 2 shooty weapons.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Many unique weapons and items are not stitchable, I'd assume Ol' Quigley is counted as a unique weapon. That is my best guess for you!

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
anecorbie on Mar 31, 2020 wrote:
Some items can't be stitched, sometimes it involves special animations; sometimes its type of weapons. The crossbows are like pistols ( 2 guns ) and I believe Ol' Quigley is a rifle ( ? ) and has a longer range. If I'm correct, then that's why you can't stitch these 2 shooty weapons.
probably because ol' quigley is special (you can't stitch nefarious weaps for this reason as well if i remember correrctly)

if you couldn't stitch pistols/revolvers and rifles i wouldn't be able to stitch the deathspitter to cool ranch revolvers

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
caleb10104 on Apr 2, 2020 wrote:
probably because ol' quigley is special (you can't stitch nefarious weaps for this reason as well if i remember correrctly)

if you couldn't stitch pistols/revolvers and rifles i wouldn't be able to stitch the deathspitter to cool ranch revolvers
Hmmm, I'm not sure, but I believe that you can't stitch the deathspitter, even to a rifle.

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
anecorbie on Apr 3, 2020 wrote:
Hmmm, I'm not sure, but I believe that you can't stitch the deathspitter, even to a rifle.
that's weird because i do have them stitched to the pearl handed peacekeepers

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I believe one of the restrictions is the animations. If the two weapons do not have similar animations, you cannot stitch them (even if they are the same type like shooty). I assume since the hand crossbows have a dual-wield animation and the rifle has a non-dual wield animation.....they can't be stitched.