Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ways Pirate101 To Get New Players

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 02, 2019
So it’s no news that KI is waiting till the game gets new players to update the main storyline. Let’s help KI by suggesting marketing techniques, and sharing our opinions on each other’s ideas (in a respectful way of course).I’ll start;

1.) KI gives “ limited time” a Christmas present to whoever purchases membership. This present should probably be a crown shop item, or maybe a really rare item. Probably give them a cool looking crown shop weapon, which will be cheap anyways since these players are low level.

2.) KI adds a boss dungeon where all levels can play like the Krampus bosses, but for All Year. I notice when I carry low levels into Golden Key Krampus, they are really amazed by all the powers max players have and how powerful they are. This allows non-members see what the game can really offer.

3.) KI adds pay to team up ledger (gold of course). So adding more helpers to team up allows non-member players to get help and feel welcomed to the game, and allow struggling member players to stay in the game. I expect pay to be around 3,000- 5,000 gold. I think Skull island jobs should offer the most pay, since that’s where the non-members are at.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RasberryBerret on Dec 14, 2019 wrote:
So it’s no news that KI is waiting till the game gets new players to update the main storyline. Let’s help KI by suggesting marketing techniques, and sharing our opinions on each other’s ideas (in a respectful way of course).I’ll start;

1.) KI gives “ limited time” a Christmas present to whoever purchases membership. This present should probably be a crown shop item, or maybe a really rare item. Probably give them a cool looking crown shop weapon, which will be cheap anyways since these players are low level.

2.) KI adds a boss dungeon where all levels can play like the Krampus bosses, but for All Year. I notice when I carry low levels into Golden Key Krampus, they are really amazed by all the powers max players have and how powerful they are. This allows non-members see what the game can really offer.

3.) KI adds pay to team up ledger (gold of course). So adding more helpers to team up allows non-member players to get help and feel welcomed to the game, and allow struggling member players to stay in the game. I expect pay to be around 3,000- 5,000 gold. I think Skull island jobs should offer the most pay, since that’s where the non-members are at.
All these ideas "may" attract new players. The problem is when they become old players. KingsIsle's reputation among P101 players has been sinking since the announcement of "no more story line for the foreseeable future".
The best way to attract new players and get the veteran's back is ADVERTISING!!! And timely up dates to the game.
Getting paid ( beyond the gaining of badges ) to help players isn't a good idea. You either want to help or you don't. There's so many ways of getting gold ( yes, even for FTP ) that adding one more way is superfluous.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
This is just my opinion, but I actually think the best way to get new players to the game is through nostalgia.
Look at the resurgence that Minecraft had in players over the past summer (and even up to today). So many players came back merely because of the fond memories the had while playing the game when they were younger, and it brought a TON of new players along with them.
I recently saw a meme about Wizard101 on a meme page that I never would have thought have posted something of the like, and the number of followers recounting their fond memories of the game (and even their desire to play it again) was astounding.
I personally came back to this game out of nostalgia for the experience I had when I played; I even had a Message Boards account called "Captain Blaze Hunter" (I'm not sure if you guys remember it) because I loved the game so much.
I think that if we can get the old players to come back to the game relive their nostalgia, the trend (even if its the smallest of trends) that creates can bring through enough new players to get the game back on its feet.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2019
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:
All these ideas "may" attract new players. The problem is when they become old players. KingsIsle's reputation among P101 players has been sinking since the announcement of "no more story line for the foreseeable future".
The best way to attract new players and get the veteran's back is ADVERTISING!!! And timely up dates to the game.
Getting paid ( beyond the gaining of badges ) to help players isn't a good idea. You either want to help or you don't. There's so many ways of getting gold ( yes, even for FTP ) that adding one more way is superfluous.
Yes, I agree that advertising would be a great idea to bring back players, but I do think KI will only be able to advertise in smaller sites based off the number of people that play the game and how much they earn of it. Well, actually.... maybe they could pay gamer youtubers to advertise the game within their videos (somewhat like
a shoutout). Then they wouldn’t have to create a new commercial (just use real gameplay footage), and pay a reasonable amount to the youtuber. But hey, it’s just an idea.

And also, the team up pay idea was targeted to more mid-game players in which you need gold because all your good companions are dead and miracle Mitch is too expensive. 3k-5k gold is pretty good around mid level and plus the fights would be easy, you probably don’t need any companions to help the low levels. But this idea is more when Ki gets more money, because the programming is very expensive.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2019
destinyxarrives on Dec 18, 2019 wrote:
This is just my opinion, but I actually think the best way to get new players to the game is through nostalgia.
Look at the resurgence that Minecraft had in players over the past summer (and even up to today). So many players came back merely because of the fond memories the had while playing the game when they were younger, and it brought a TON of new players along with them.
I recently saw a meme about Wizard101 on a meme page that I never would have thought have posted something of the like, and the number of followers recounting their fond memories of the game (and even their desire to play it again) was astounding.
I personally came back to this game out of nostalgia for the experience I had when I played; I even had a Message Boards account called "Captain Blaze Hunter" (I'm not sure if you guys remember it) because I loved the game so much.
I think that if we can get the old players to come back to the game relive their nostalgia, the trend (even if its the smallest of trends) that creates can bring through enough new players to get the game back on its feet.
This is a great idea, that I never even thought to consider. It’s even better, because, us, players can help KI ourselves by creating trends/memes based off Pirate101. No money spent for KI, and just purely run by the support of the community.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RasberryBerret on Dec 18, 2019 wrote:
Yes, I agree that advertising would be a great idea to bring back players, but I do think KI will only be able to advertise in smaller sites based off the number of people that play the game and how much they earn of it. Well, actually.... maybe they could pay gamer youtubers to advertise the game within their videos (somewhat like
a shoutout). Then they wouldn’t have to create a new commercial (just use real gameplay footage), and pay a reasonable amount to the youtuber. But hey, it’s just an idea.

And also, the team up pay idea was targeted to more mid-game players in which you need gold because all your good companions are dead and miracle Mitch is too expensive. 3k-5k gold is pretty good around mid level and plus the fights would be easy, you probably don’t need any companions to help the low levels. But this idea is more when Ki gets more money, because the programming is very expensive.
The need for gold for mid-levels: do those Ambassador's quests and if your team is too wounded to fight, send them Plunderin', Scavengin' or Pet Wranglin' and sell the surplus.
Besides at mid-level your companions are only on bed rest for 2 - 3 hours, take a break and let them heal, no need for Mitch.
Those dungeons ( in team up ) also provide gold.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2019 wrote:
That's right. Ever since, like, 2015, I haven't seen ANY pirate101 ads ANYWHERE. There used to be commercials on channels like Disney XD, Cartoon Network, etc.

If the "Choose Your Pirate" ad makes waves again, that'll guarantee some new players.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I remember seeing a Wizard101 advertisement as a little boy and thinking "Wow, I didn't know they did that!" (This was after I started playing). Even a short advertisement on Youtube could be helpful (And the only one I wouldn't get annoyed at with every fiber of my body).