Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Krampus Issues/Ideas

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 22, 2012
Ahoy! It's soon time Pirate101 swings into Yuletide, which means Krampus! I think this skeleton key boss is very interesting, but it could have more potential to it with a little modification. Please hear me out, especially the designers.
First up, what on earth's up with Cruncher having Flanking and Turn the Tide, as a musketeer? I bet a lot of you have thought this to yourselves as well, but this has been nagging me. It seems as if Cruncher was based off of a buccaneer enemy turned muskie. Also, doesn't it seem weird that a level 8 enemy would have Return Fire 5?

Second, Krampus is a buccaneer, but has witchdoctor talents and spells. Wouldn't it suit him better just to be straight up witchdoctor, with a bit more armor, health, and accuracy to him to make him as tanky as a buccaneer? In the wood skeleton key version of him, he has Retribution 2 and Improved Mojo Blast, definitely not fitting for a buccaneer. His high level version is much, much different. He has Pirate, Vengeance Strike, Blade Storm, Cheap Shot, and Witch Hunter. I swear that set up looks a lot like Chumba Wumba...

The drop tables are jacked up for his mid level version. He has a mix of level five drops and level twenty-five drops, even though he's a level thirty boss. Plus, none of them are that great...

The Krampus Lobby is incredibly glitched. Just trust me on this, I don't really want to explain it in detail. There's a lot of black, how's that?

Now that I've stated the problems, I have some solutions to make this boss fight more intriguing and more engaging:

Cruncher: First of all, get rid of Pirate, Blade Storm, Turn the Tide, and Flanking! Instead, for their level 8 version, give them Crossfire 2, Double Tap, and Return Fire. For their level 32-34 versions, give them Elusive, Crossfire 2, Double Tap 2, Return Fire 3, and Burst Fire. Finally, for their level 73-76 versions, give them Elusive 2, Crossfire 4, Double Tap 2, Return Fire 5, Burst Fire 2, and Quick Adjust 3.

Crumbles: He's far to OP for a low level to take on, with his Blade Storm 3, Flanking 2, and Riposte 2. For their level 8 version, a Flanking and a Riposte would do. For their level 32-34 versions, Blade Storm, Flanking 2, and Riposte 2 is appropriate. For their level 73-76 versions, Blade Storm 3, Flanking 4, Riposte 3, Relentless 2, and Turn the Tide 2 will be fine. (Maybe give him a special animation for when he initiates his Assassin's Strikes?)

Krampus: The big baddie. His current epics for his level 8 version can be kept. His level 32-34 versions are good as well, with maybe giving him an extra rank of Retribution to be aligned with his previous version, and a Witch Hunter. With his higher level versions, scrap everything. Instead, give him Retribution 3, Mojo Echo 2, Improved Mojo Blast 3, and Witch Hunter 2. Oh, and change his class to witchdoctor! And, an animation of him casting his spells would be greatly appreciated.

With his drop table, it would be really cool to see Krampus/Yuletide-styled clothing items, preferably ability giving items. You could even make three different clothing sets that could be dropped from their battles, based on Crumbles, Krampus, and Cruncher. I know a lot of people have been complaining about drops, and maybe that's the reason a lot of people haven't farmed him.

What do you guys think? I'm sorry if this is way too much information to process.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Duck de Death on Nov 15, 2019 wrote:
Ahoy! It's soon time Pirate101 swings into Yuletide, which means Krampus! I think this skeleton key boss is very interesting, but it could have more potential to it with a little modification. Please hear me out, especially the designers.
First up, what on earth's up with Cruncher having Flanking and Turn the Tide, as a musketeer? I bet a lot of you have thought this to yourselves as well, but this has been nagging me. It seems as if Cruncher was based off of a buccaneer enemy turned muskie. Also, doesn't it seem weird that a level 8 enemy would have Return Fire 5?

Second, Krampus is a buccaneer, but has witchdoctor talents and spells. Wouldn't it suit him better just to be straight up witchdoctor, with a bit more armor, health, and accuracy to him to make him as tanky as a buccaneer? In the wood skeleton key version of him, he has Retribution 2 and Improved Mojo Blast, definitely not fitting for a buccaneer. His high level version is much, much different. He has Pirate, Vengeance Strike, Blade Storm, Cheap Shot, and Witch Hunter. I swear that set up looks a lot like Chumba Wumba...

The drop tables are jacked up for his mid level version. He has a mix of level five drops and level twenty-five drops, even though he's a level thirty boss. Plus, none of them are that great...

The Krampus Lobby is incredibly glitched. Just trust me on this, I don't really want to explain it in detail. There's a lot of black, how's that?

Now that I've stated the problems, I have some solutions to make this boss fight more intriguing and more engaging:

Cruncher: First of all, get rid of Pirate, Blade Storm, Turn the Tide, and Flanking! Instead, for their level 8 version, give them Crossfire 2, Double Tap, and Return Fire. For their level 32-34 versions, give them Elusive, Crossfire 2, Double Tap 2, Return Fire 3, and Burst Fire. Finally, for their level 73-76 versions, give them Elusive 2, Crossfire 4, Double Tap 2, Return Fire 5, Burst Fire 2, and Quick Adjust 3.

Crumbles: He's far to OP for a low level to take on, with his Blade Storm 3, Flanking 2, and Riposte 2. For their level 8 version, a Flanking and a Riposte would do. For their level 32-34 versions, Blade Storm, Flanking 2, and Riposte 2 is appropriate. For their level 73-76 versions, Blade Storm 3, Flanking 4, Riposte 3, Relentless 2, and Turn the Tide 2 will be fine. (Maybe give him a special animation for when he initiates his Assassin's Strikes?)

Krampus: The big baddie. His current epics for his level 8 version can be kept. His level 32-34 versions are good as well, with maybe giving him an extra rank of Retribution to be aligned with his previous version, and a Witch Hunter. With his higher level versions, scrap everything. Instead, give him Retribution 3, Mojo Echo 2, Improved Mojo Blast 3, and Witch Hunter 2. Oh, and change his class to witchdoctor! And, an animation of him casting his spells would be greatly appreciated.

With his drop table, it would be really cool to see Krampus/Yuletide-styled clothing items, preferably ability giving items. You could even make three different clothing sets that could be dropped from their battles, based on Crumbles, Krampus, and Cruncher. I know a lot of people have been complaining about drops, and maybe that's the reason a lot of people haven't farmed him.

What do you guys think? I'm sorry if this is way too much information to process.
I agree with most of these. But you still do have to remember that there are things called "exceptions". For example, while the immediate thing you would think of for witchdoctors is ranged staffs, there are melee staffs that can be used in play style just as effective as ranged.