Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Training Elixers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 09, 2010
Wouldn't it be nice if we could pay a crown price ( I don't care what ) to automatically level ALL our companions to the player level at once. Then just train each up like when you do a reset?

It would free my play time up from grinding for gold to buy training points.
It would give KI some crowns.

It wouldn't hurt anything I can think of --companion training points are already gold items.

There could be two versions a really low price for single companions and a high one, like matching mounts or houses? for the whole roster at once.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
While a quick solution for Crowns is an interesting idea, it sounds as though you aren't using Companion Tasks to help your pirate keep your crew trained. Your entire crew isn't needed for battle, and can be assigned to these tasks instead.

Keel Hauling is available for those companions who match your pirate's level (or are higher than) -- send them to get free tomes.

Scavenging and Plundering with companions can get you gold, or gear you can sell for gold, to buy tomes with.

Pet wrangling can provide you with pet snacks, pet gear, and even eggs, which you can use or sell for gold.

Another way for fairly quick gold, depending on your pirate's level, is to do the Ambassador's quests on the party barge every day -- if you are over level 51, it only takes about 15-20 minutes and you'll get 10,000 from each Ambassador. Mid-level pirates have to fight striped bumabloons for the Marleybone Ambassador, so that one is a pain, but even if you only did the other three, you get 5,000 gold each (between level 21 and 50). 40,000 gold per day buys a lot of tomes.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
I might even do it for pet levels as well!

Ensign
Jul 09, 2010
Omg YES for pet levels!

And an elixir that just maxed out a single pets Power after you'd trained it to whatever max age level is (super?)