Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Slashy Staffy weapons need fixed

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
It really bothers me that some slashy staffy weapons are strength based while others are will based. This means if I were to make a slashy staffy privateer I have to start off with a slashy staffy weapon that is strength based and all my buffs will be put onto strength rather than will, but when I level up higher that weapon type switches to will based, and then again at level 50 and perhaps other levels its once again strength based. I can only assume this is an error by the development staff as it really hurts those who use slashy staffy as they level, I'm guessing stabby staffy likely runs into the same problems.

What I really hate though is that I really wanted to make a staffy slashy buccaneer as the starting staffy slashy weapon is strength based and that worked great up to level 10 when I can no longer have that weapon combo as a strength based weapon, but like I wrote if I were to level to 50 once again its strength based.

Another gripe I have with my desire to multi-class is that I love my shooty slashy buccaneer but fear that if new areas ever do come out in this game, not very likely at least in the timespan of decades of time, that we won't be able to train shooty and slashy weapons higher in terms of their damage bonuses. I don't see why we can't put training points to get their damage bonuses up to +12 if we have the points. The game really needs to be made slightly better multi-classsed character friendly as the minor things like this were most likely overlooked when the idea of multi-classing really did not exist at the onset of the game's creation.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
not to mention the pack slashy weapon that somehow is listed as agility based... make up your mind KingsIsle, are slashy weapons will based, strength based, or lol agility based???

Ensign
Oct 16, 2014
Takhethis on Jul 7, 2019 wrote:
It really bothers me that some slashy staffy weapons are strength based while others are will based. This means if I were to make a slashy staffy privateer I have to start off with a slashy staffy weapon that is strength based and all my buffs will be put onto strength rather than will, but when I level up higher that weapon type switches to will based, and then again at level 50 and perhaps other levels its once again strength based. I can only assume this is an error by the development staff as it really hurts those who use slashy staffy as they level, I'm guessing stabby staffy likely runs into the same problems.

What I really hate though is that I really wanted to make a staffy slashy buccaneer as the starting staffy slashy weapon is strength based and that worked great up to level 10 when I can no longer have that weapon combo as a strength based weapon, but like I wrote if I were to level to 50 once again its strength based.

Another gripe I have with my desire to multi-class is that I love my shooty slashy buccaneer but fear that if new areas ever do come out in this game, not very likely at least in the timespan of decades of time, that we won't be able to train shooty and slashy weapons higher in terms of their damage bonuses. I don't see why we can't put training points to get their damage bonuses up to +12 if we have the points. The game really needs to be made slightly better multi-classsed character friendly as the minor things like this were most likely overlooked when the idea of multi-classing really did not exist at the onset of the game's creation.
Instead of a Staffy/Slashy Buccaneer, you can do a Staffy/Smashy Buccaneer. Smashy favors Strength more than Slashy, and Privateers favor Will more than Strength; so if a Privateer were to have a Slashy/Staffy weapon, it will favor the Staffy part which grants will more than the Slashy part that grants Strength. For several Privateers, they most likely run a weapon that is Slashy/Staffy so they can also get the Will bonus and the Slashy damage for their class along with added Staffy damage.
As for multiclassing, the game has it just like in Wizard101. The schools have some powers to learn for all classes but not the ones that are only for the specific class. Just think of seeing a Witchy Swashbuckler or a Melee Witchdoctor if more talents only for a specific class were to be unlocked. The game has it like you would only favor you main class, and have some side powers/talents for some extra output for the battle.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
A Spooked Fan on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:
Instead of a Staffy/Slashy Buccaneer, you can do a Staffy/Smashy Buccaneer. Smashy favors Strength more than Slashy, and Privateers favor Will more than Strength; so if a Privateer were to have a Slashy/Staffy weapon, it will favor the Staffy part which grants will more than the Slashy part that grants Strength. For several Privateers, they most likely run a weapon that is Slashy/Staffy so they can also get the Will bonus and the Slashy damage for their class along with added Staffy damage.
As for multiclassing, the game has it just like in Wizard101. The schools have some powers to learn for all classes but not the ones that are only for the specific class. Just think of seeing a Witchy Swashbuckler or a Melee Witchdoctor if more talents only for a specific class were to be unlocked. The game has it like you would only favor you main class, and have some side powers/talents for some extra output for the battle.
Would be nice if they worked like that, but they don't. The dreadnaught weapons may, but none of the non-dreadnaught weapons.