Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP-ers these days...

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Sooo, I just had an encounter with a... let's say unpleasant PvP Champion. He walked around asking if "noobs" wanted to fight him, then he challenged me to a PvP duel. I saiD no, because I wasn't sure I had the time. Then, this pirate, who I will not name, Said "Nevermind, I would have won anyway. Bye coward."

Is this what we can expect from PvP people now? People who rise to the top through an unbalanced system, and pick on players who's gear they view as inferior? I'm not mad, but can this be reported? I don't blame Kingsisle or anyone but these people for this, I just want to address the issue.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jul 4, 2019 wrote:
Sooo, I just had an encounter with a... let's say unpleasant PvP Champion. He walked around asking if "noobs" wanted to fight him, then he challenged me to a PvP duel. I saiD no, because I wasn't sure I had the time. Then, this pirate, who I will not name, Said "Nevermind, I would have won anyway. Bye coward."

Is this what we can expect from PvP people now? People who rise to the top through an unbalanced system, and pick on players who's gear they view as inferior? I'm not mad, but can this be reported? I don't blame Kingsisle or anyone but these people for this, I just want to address the issue.
You can't report someone for being rude, unfortunately some players see PVP as a way of raising their fragile egos.
The true champions ( from my experience ) aren't like this one. If someone calls you a coward for refusing a match, accuse them of being a "Booster". That'll shut them up.

P.S. from his attitude, he most likely is one of those boosters.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

I'm honestly surprised you haven't had this happen before. Not all players seek others out to battle honorably for noble intentions like the knights of yore.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Willowydream on Jul 6, 2019 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised you haven't had this happen before. Not all players seek others out to battle honorably for noble intentions like the knights of yore.

I have actually seen a couple people looking down on others because of their gear. Fortunately, they were all isolated incidents, my ignore list hasn't grown exponentially. Maybe I don't have these incidents often because I have the tendency to spend more time out than in Avery's Court.

Ensign
Oct 16, 2014

PvP players need to learn that the game is not theirs and they don't rule the world just because they have a title in a game...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A Spooked Fan on Jul 9, 2019 wrote:
PvP players need to learn that the game is not theirs and they don't rule the world just because they have a title in a game...
There is no reason to smear all pvp players by the behavior of one troll...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
A Spooked Fan on Jul 9, 2019 wrote:
100% Agree with you!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
There is no reason to smear all pvp players by the behavior of one troll...
That's true! What could be done about the trolls, though? Any ideas?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:
That's true! What could be done about the trolls, though? Any ideas?
I would avoid where they hang out ( Avery realm, Brawlin' Hall or Spar Chamber ). Ignore is a good option. If they step over the line verbally, Report 'em.

P.S. Or fight them and teach them not to brag.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Jul 12, 2019 wrote:
I would avoid where they hang out ( Avery realm, Brawlin' Hall or Spar Chamber ). Ignore is a good option. If they step over the line verbally, Report 'em.

P.S. Or fight them and teach them not to brag.
Do that already, I hardly ever have these issues. There are, naturally, a couple people on my ignore list, though.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Its pretty hilarious in my opinion because apparently you're a "noob" for not fighting them and "trash" if you win. I'm honestly not bothered just from how funny it is to me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
Its pretty hilarious in my opinion because apparently you're a "noob" for not fighting them and "trash" if you win. I'm honestly not bothered just from how funny it is to me.
Nah, you're "trash" if you lose, but a "cheat" if you win ( and btw, they were going easy on you and let you win. )

These are the unsportsman like competitors; the true champions aren't like that. But that's a good attitude to take, chiliman05!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
chiliman05 on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
I don't even do PvP, so whatever people say doesn't matter to me in the least. I too find it laughable.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
In my opinion (and experience), the true champions and warriors are the players that teach you and encourage you to be creative in your combat style. True champions are eager for a worthy opponent and a challenge, they take no real pleasure in an easy victory or belittle their opponents.

I remember back in the day when I pvp'd, I actually beat a warlord one day who had taken time to give me tips and used to critique some of my fights. After I beat them instead of whining they took great pleasure in the fact that I was learning...and then soundly beat my bonsai the next time we met up

Sometimes I look at some newer pvp'ers and see the reflection of our modern day culture and mourn the days gone by

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
I don't even do PvP, so whatever people say doesn't matter to me in the least. I too find it laughable.
If you don't PVP, then why should it bother you when anyone says something rude to you? If you don't want to hear PVP "smack" talk then DON'T hang out in the Brawlin Hall or Spar Chamber. Just realize that rude behavior isn't a justifiable reason to report.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In Search of Yum on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
In my opinion (and experience), the true champions and warriors are the players that teach you and encourage you to be creative in your combat style. True champions are eager for a worthy opponent and a challenge, they take no real pleasure in an easy victory or belittle their opponents.

I remember back in the day when I pvp'd, I actually beat a warlord one day who had taken time to give me tips and used to critique some of my fights. After I beat them instead of whining they took great pleasure in the fact that I was learning...and then soundly beat my bonsai the next time we met up

Sometimes I look at some newer pvp'ers and see the reflection of our modern day culture and mourn the days gone by
No, In Search of Yum, what you're seeing here is a too long hiatus of a story-line with it's consequent lack of boss drops, or training new powers/talents. The Brawlin' Hall has been emptied of the true competitors who have gone to fights/tournaments supported on Central and all that's left are the boosting dregs.
If we get a new story-line and ( possibly ) spectating, then the Hall will be full once more.