Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Funny/ironic names part2

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's a bit sad that the original post was locked due to players not posting, so I thought I would revive the thread:
What funny/ironic/reference names have you seen? Is one of your pirate's names a reference to a movie/TV or book?
You can have a pirate named Jeremy Finch ( Jem from To Kill a Mockingbird ).

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Black Jack.

Davy Jones.

And of course our own Calamity Finch has a nice ring to it.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 2, 2019 wrote:
It's a bit sad that the original post was locked due to players not posting, so I thought I would revive the thread:
What funny/ironic/reference names have you seen? Is one of your pirate's names a reference to a movie/TV or book?
I think it's kind of funny you can do similar or the same first and last name, like Ivy Ivey, Blake Blake, David Davis, Evan Evans, Jeffrey Jeffries, Jordan Jordan, Nicholas Nichols, Roland Roland, and more.

Also, one can be Morgan Freeman, a famous actor, or if your last name is Groot, you can really say, "III aaaam GROOOOT!!!"

(Also, I just noticed there is Brandon Nichols, a villain from a book. )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Lookit Light on Jun 3, 2019 wrote:
Black Jack.

Davy Jones.

And of course our own Calamity Finch has a nice ring to it.
Don't forget Edward Teach, the dreaded Captain Blackbeard!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 3, 2019 wrote:
Don't forget Edward Teach, the dreaded Captain Blackbeard!
I've seen a Black Edward Teach.

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
I know for a fact that Audrey Tew is possible. Of course, she wouldn't be complete without a Seymour pet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
average moe on Jun 5, 2019 wrote:
I know for a fact that Audrey Tew is possible. Of course, she wouldn't be complete without a Seymour pet.
Lol, I had to think about that before I got it. Wonderful pun!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Hey, this post has made it onto Pirate101's Twitter page!

Jessica Roberts (Sounds so familiar... is she an actor?)

I saw two Silent Sierras once!

Taylor Taylor (Isn't he one of our community leaders?)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I've run into some Daniel Radcliffs (Harry Potter) and Donna Nobles (from Dr. Who).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I saw a ship in Aquila named "Dolorus Canis", with my basic knowledge of Latin, this translates to "Sad Dog".
If this isn't the correct translation, please tell me.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I just remembered! You can name your pet Little Stinker!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It is possible to name your pirate John Silver, but "Long" isn't available. If you want to reference this classic pirate then perhaps "Tall" would work. Or even "Lanky"

Ensign
Jan 25, 2013
I've seen a couple actors, namely Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and I think Jeremy Renner

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Dramophone on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:
I've seen a couple actors, namely Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson and I think Jeremy Renner
I keep seeing a Jessica Roberts, too!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:
I keep seeing a Jessica Roberts, too!
Wait, I look back and saw I said that already. Never mind!

I once saw a Cuttroat Pirate called Toothy Gray Mako. Which is is hilarious, because real-life Mako Sharks ARE toothy and gray.

Something just came to my mind : "Do not be afraid, the Isle of Doom is named after its discoverer, Baron Ferdinand von Doom, who was unfortunately devoured by a giant snake." So funny!

Our own Calamity Finch has a nice ring to it! (Did I say that already, too?)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Dramophone on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:
Haha, that's funny. Cool name - does it have anything to do with Caravan Palace's song Dramophone?

Ensign
Jul 08, 2019
The Seven have names from the movie "Tombstone."
Wyatt, Duck Holiday (Doc Holiday), etc.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
instinctHelios on Jul 27, 2019 wrote:
The Seven have names from the movie "Tombstone."
Wyatt, Duck Holiday (Doc Holiday), etc.
The Seven have names from Western ( USA ) history.
Wyatt Earp ( had a very checked life before becoming sheriff...)
Doc Holiday ( was dentist, gambler, and came to Arizona for a cure for his TB. )
Wild Bill Hickcock ( gunman, was shot down in Deadwood Territory, his hand; aces and eights is the origin of "Dead Man's Hand" )
Bat Masterson ( gunman, sheriff later became a sports journalist ).
Buffalo Bill ( hunter, scout; ran the biggest "Wild West" show in America )
Billy the Kid ( William Bonney, Murderer, shot by Pat Garrett )
Calamity Jane ( Jane Cannery, scout, muleteer, stage driver ).

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I've made a Scarlett Johansson (is that how you spell it?) but deleted her

Fair Taryn Lewis Level 23 Musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Temujin was Gengis Khan's name as a boy, it means "Little Iron" & Gengis Khan means, "Perfect Warrior".

Ensign
Oct 16, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 2, 2019 wrote:
I saw this one person's name, called Gormen Ramsey. It was supposed to strike a similarity to the world's famous chef, Gordon Ramsay, but he couldn't get the exact names.
When I saw that name I called him out but he was running away somewhere else

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've seen a Grace Kelly and a Bridget Jones.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Ok, my favorite is probably The Bird with No name and his quest fistful of mallards (supposed to be man with no name and fistful of dollars.) I am a HUGE spaghetti western fan so thanks so much kings isle. I have a few more ill put on later.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Another one is Kobe yojimbo (his first name is based off of Kobe beef and his last name is a reference to the movie Yojimbo.)