Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who do you think is an underrated companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 21, 2013
There are many companions and I am curious to see which ones are the more underrated ones. People always go for Bonnie Anne or El Toro, and for good reason - they are great! But who is one companion which people are missing out on?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Mirajane7887 on Apr 27, 2019 wrote:
There are many companions and I am curious to see which ones are the more underrated ones. People always go for Bonnie Anne or El Toro, and for good reason - they are great! But who is one companion which people are missing out on?
Prepare for long discussions on this from me. I've got a lot to say.

There are many companions that I think people are missing out on. I'll start with two of them. I'll be talking from a PvE perspective.

Ridolfo Capoferro is a hidden gem. A good Critical Chance and amazing Epic Talent availability make him a must-have, even If you aren't a Musketeer.

Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah is bought from the Crown Shop for 4,995 Crowns after defeating his enemy equivalent 25 times, and he's worth every battle and every Crown. Not that many Epic Talents, but great Critical and chaining ability. He's more like a Musketeer than a Witchdoctor, really.

I'll talk more later.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Subodai, The magnificent 7, All monquistan companions, Nanu Nanu and most of all...

Inoshishi clanlord. No one EVER uses him aside from me but he's amazing.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
darkmoordude on Apr 29, 2019 wrote:
Subodai, The magnificent 7, All monquistan companions, Nanu Nanu and most of all...

Inoshishi clanlord. No one EVER uses him aside from me but he's amazing.
I just took a look at said Inoshishi Clanlord on it's Central page, and I must say, what I found impressed me.

He has Epic Strike AND Mega Strike, so that means two Criticals! For innate Epic Talents, he's got Turn the Tide 2, Hold the Line 1, and Cheap Shot 2. Not too shabby!

To make use of it's four Epic Talents, I thought of using Blade Storm 2, to make full use of it's Criticals, and First Strike 2 to counter any Vengeance Strikes or that sort of thing. Or you could use Hold the Line 3 and Repel Boarders 2 with extra Armor stat to make it hard to get by. (Or switch one of the HtL for a Blade Storm, if you still want to Critical.

Darkmoordude, since you have an Inoshishi Clanlord, and I do not, fell free to throw in your advice or tie up any loose ends I missed.

(Also, I agree on the Magnificent 7, Duck Holliday is great!)

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Lookit Light on May 1, 2019 wrote:
I just took a look at said Inoshishi Clanlord on it's Central page, and I must say, what I found impressed me.

He has Epic Strike AND Mega Strike, so that means two Criticals! For innate Epic Talents, he's got Turn the Tide 2, Hold the Line 1, and Cheap Shot 2. Not too shabby!

To make use of it's four Epic Talents, I thought of using Blade Storm 2, to make full use of it's Criticals, and First Strike 2 to counter any Vengeance Strikes or that sort of thing. Or you could use Hold the Line 3 and Repel Boarders 2 with extra Armor stat to make it hard to get by. (Or switch one of the HtL for a Blade Storm, if you still want to Critical.

Darkmoordude, since you have an Inoshishi Clanlord, and I do not, fell free to throw in your advice or tie up any loose ends I missed.

(Also, I agree on the Magnificent 7, Duck Holliday is great!)
He only gets the second when you promote him (I think) but he's still good prior to it. I also remember he got like, 5 epic choices when I recruited him all those years ago