Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite Cool Ranch Companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
There are so many good companions in Cool Ranch.
I'd like to know your favorites!

I'd say mine is Tyson, but I do love Doc as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jokerkid5898 on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:

Forget El Toro! Mustang Sally rocks!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly on Tyson. When I first came across him with my buccaneer I quite vocally shouted "What?!" which in turn made my brother stop playing his game to come over to the computer to see what made me so excited. So I showed him this MMA fighting chicken that I had to spar with and got ridiculously excited by the prospect of a boxing chicken that showed up in the crown shop.

So I made a spontaneous crown purchase to get him.

He is still in my top tier team with Peter Quint and Goronado because of the crazy amount of mega and super strikes he pumps out and only got even better with that stylish moustache (so much moustache envy ).

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
*Trumpets*

El Toro!

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
There are a lot of good ones there. My favorite to actually recruit is Rooster Cogburn, because I just love his dialogue -- the best lines are sometimes the ones where you click on him before actually finishing his quests.

"You goin' yellow on me, you citified cotton-headed whippersnapper?"

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
probably "doc" (duck) holiday for me.
in my personal opinion : Toro is overrated as a companion, back when you first got him, (in 2012, 2013 for me) he had an insane amount of dodge, and now it's a 50/50 with or without the buff at level 40, don't get me wrong he's still good at what he does, but not insanely good, but I still use him in my top 2-3 rows, whenever I see a time it'd be good.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I have to side with toro. Great character and great fighter all in one.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
No one seems to appreciate him, so I would like to give a shoutout to Skyfire, the ghost bison witchdoctors get.

Sure, maybe it took me 5 months to discover that his ghost arrows actually hit enemies instead of going straight through them because they do about as much damage as a toothpick does to a gorilla.

And yeah, maybe his character is so bright that you can't make out the details of his face when he's in battle and it takes your eyes several minutes to adjust to his luminescence.

And I know you're thinking "But Finn he's basically a less good-looking version of the crazy monquistador",
and "Why not El Toro or a companion that has use beyond pet wranglin' for eternity",

And to that I ask, how do you know El Toro is good? BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH BETTER HE IS THAN SKYFIRE. I like Skyfire not because he is a good companion, nor because he looks good, but because he serves as a reminder that when you rage because Peter Quint didn't get that critical it could be worse. Much, much worse.

And maybe someday you'll find yourself down and out of luck, down to your last batch of companions. And who knows, maybe Skyfire will come through and get a super hit on that boss. (he won't but let's pretend)

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
No one seems to appreciate him, so I would like to give a shoutout to Skyfire, the ghost bison witchdoctors get.

Sure, maybe it took me 5 months to discover that his ghost arrows actually hit enemies instead of going straight through them because they do about as much damage as a toothpick does to a gorilla.

And yeah, maybe his character is so bright that you can't make out the details of his face when he's in battle and it takes your eyes several minutes to adjust to his luminescence.

And I know you're thinking "But Finn he's basically a less good-looking version of the crazy monquistador",
and "Why not El Toro or a companion that has use beyond pet wranglin' for eternity",

And to that I ask, how do you know El Toro is good? BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH BETTER HE IS THAN SKYFIRE. I like Skyfire not because he is a good companion, nor because he looks good, but because he serves as a reminder that when you rage because Peter Quint didn't get that critical it could be worse. Much, much worse.

And maybe someday you'll find yourself down and out of luck, down to your last batch of companions. And who knows, maybe Skyfire will come through and get a super hit on that boss. (he won't but let's pretend)
Also, why does Skyfire get his bonus from will and not agility? I tested different builds for him and he's not THAT bad but he can't get burst fire, so that makes him very weak. If you have the hoodoo bundle standard + juju he does a lot of damage, but he can't do chains unless he gets criticals.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Lolz, so true!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
Swissmiss6000 on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
Froggo villa
Oh yeah, that's a cool one!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012

Honestly yes, good on you for this one.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2016
I think mine is El Toro I'm a buccaneer, so he does a lot of upfront damage

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

My favorite Cool Ranch Companion is probably one of the Bisons or Calamity Jane Canary, even though I didn't get her yet (I got Buffalo Bill on Aurora, and Kiley [or Nora or Destiny] isn't there yet).

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Oh, and definitely Mustang Sally and El Toro (trumpets sound)!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

(P.S. Sorry I forgot to mention you guys!
Sally: Ugh, I'm not so sure I forgive you.
Toro: Hey, at least you mention us, right? )