Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea for how to implement the team up kiosk

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
The team up kiosk has been a big want in the game for a while, but personally I don't see the kiosk itself fitting into the game. So after a little thinking I thought of a piratey way to have a team up kiosk. (I apologize ahead of time if someone has had this idea before me)
Instead of a kiosk, why not add a "help wanted" or "mercenary's wanted" board to put on the wall of the main tavern of every world (which would be; Kraken skulls, the dining hall, silver spur saloon, Zhu ro's tea house, Admiral benbows, Golden bourgh, and the newest, Mezzaluna). You would also be able to leave little messages. Maybe your farming a boss and your looking for groups who also want to farm, or (If you have a computer like mine) you could kindly ask for only players who don't play with fast combat. (if you have menu chat you would have pre-made notes to add to your team up and, of course, any text/open chat messages will still be filtered.)
Leave your thoughts on weather you like/dislike the idea

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gamerman129 on Mar 2, 2017 wrote:
The team up kiosk has been a big want in the game for a while, but personally I don't see the kiosk itself fitting into the game. So after a little thinking I thought of a piratey way to have a team up kiosk. (I apologize ahead of time if someone has had this idea before me)
Instead of a kiosk, why not add a "help wanted" or "mercenary's wanted" board to put on the wall of the main tavern of every world (which would be; Kraken skulls, the dining hall, silver spur saloon, Zhu ro's tea house, Admiral benbows, Golden bourgh, and the newest, Mezzaluna). You would also be able to leave little messages. Maybe your farming a boss and your looking for groups who also want to farm, or (If you have a computer like mine) you could kindly ask for only players who don't play with fast combat. (if you have menu chat you would have pre-made notes to add to your team up and, of course, any text/open chat messages will still be filtered.)
Without a doubt, we do need a team-up kiosk. I like the idea of giving it another name and calling it "Help Wanted" or "Mercenaries Wanted", that's very clever.
But why does it have to be in every tavern in every world? The simplicity of the kiosk in W101 makes it so that you don't have to travel everywhere to find those wanting help.
Adding short messages may be a bit complicated to code as well.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 3, 2017 wrote:
Without a doubt, we do need a team-up kiosk. I like the idea of giving it another name and calling it "Help Wanted" or "Mercenaries Wanted", that's very clever.
But why does it have to be in every tavern in every world? The simplicity of the kiosk in W101 makes it so that you don't have to travel everywhere to find those wanting help.
Adding short messages may be a bit complicated to code as well.
Kinda forgot about coding and stuff like that forget about the messages part
But when I said one in every world I didn't mean it would have team ups for only that world, it would still have access to team ups all over the spiral. (If your in Zhu ro's tea house you would still be able to join team ups outside of mooshu and like wise for other taverns) I just thought one in every world would make it so you wouldn't have to keep going back to skull island all the time and save you some time. (also not sure how Skinny Pete would like the Kraken skulls tavern overflowing with pirates. Although good for business, he probably wouldn't be able to keep up with the orders all by himself )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gamerman129 on Mar 3, 2017 wrote:
Kinda forgot about coding and stuff like that forget about the messages part
But when I said one in every world I didn't mean it would have team ups for only that world, it would still have access to team ups all over the spiral. (If your in Zhu ro's tea house you would still be able to join team ups outside of mooshu and like wise for other taverns) I just thought one in every world would make it so you wouldn't have to keep going back to skull island all the time and save you some time. (also not sure how Skinny Pete would like the Kraken skulls tavern overflowing with pirates. Although good for business, he probably wouldn't be able to keep up with the orders all by himself )
I still believe having it in a central location is simplest - you're looking for a team-up ( whether you're farming or just want to help ). POOF! You port to Skull Island and check out the "Mercenaries Wanted Board" ( maybe not inside The Kraken's Skulls but maybe outside or behind the tavern. )

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I love the idea of a team up kiosk in pirates also the name mercernarys wanted is really catchy but maybe instead of putting it in every tavern just put it by the kraken skulls tavern or outside Averys office I'd love to see the look on his face when a hundred pirates storm the outside of it to get into a dungeon that will teach him for the raft but I do hope they add this to pirates

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Something like a job board down on the flat near the transportalator would be nice. You could use the transportalator to check the board for free and not lose your current life fountain if there's not interesting job at hand.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
I agree it does need a piratey name, though messages could be cute.. well it could look like a bulletin board backdrop maybe? I'd like it to be nearest bazaar as possible for those who prefer to keep their life fountain mark seperate from the universal skull island one, and keeps it fairly close to the transportler that way too.. prefer it outside not tucked into the depths of squid viscious area. could move one of the areas where christmas/birthday boxes spawn and put it there? if not in the middle across from the bazaar maybe right across from blind mews(capn avery's) pier?

stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
Something like a job board down on the flat near the transportalator would be nice. You could use the transportalator to check the board for free and not lose your current life fountain if there's not interesting job at hand.
This is what I was trying to get at with the having one in every world: not having to lose your current life fountain. I had forgot that you have to go to Avery's court or the docks to change your life fountain on the island of skull island .

Ensign
Jul 02, 2016
You know that the fan website, Mercenaries For Charter, already has this?
Kaitlyn Travis
Natalie Travis
Currently questing in Aquila if anyone is interested.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gamerman129 on Mar 5, 2017 wrote:
This is what I was trying to get at with the having one in every world: not having to lose your current life fountain. I had forgot that you have to go to Avery's court or the docks to change your life fountain on the island of skull island .
You won't lose your life fountain if you go to that LF first then leave a mark ( which automatically happens when you port to SI. )
Actually we have it easier than wizards in this regard - they have to use the World Door to get to Wizard City ( or port to their house, then use the door ) Meanwhile we just click on the SI icon and then we're there.
This is the main reason I believe one team up board is all that's needed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Crystal Tears on Mar 6, 2017 wrote:
Kaitlyn Travis
Natalie Travis
We're talking about something added in game that's available for every player and not a fan site that requires you to register to use.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Kaitlyn Travis
Natalie Travis
if we were in-game i'd ask if you "wrong chat?" but we're not so please explain? cuz if you've been blessed with a personal magical fold-up team kiosk that you carry in ya backpack... I wants it O.O

like the althameter on Golden compass? spelling doesn't count xD

congratulations on Aquila its a fun place and currently my buccaneer is questing there too :) welcome to the message boards as well :)

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Kaitlyn Travis
Natalie Travis
re-reading your post, I realized that you have a very kind heart, to be offering your services to help people quest? Thank you for offering :)

even if you mis-read this post and all comments beneath, its the thought that counts, and glad to have ya aboard the message boards as well :)

did you at first think you were signing up your fansite at a bulletin board for people needing questing help? That's kinda a cool idea as well..

our version of a team-up type kiosk would be a public interactable building where it shows places where people have clicked on "team up" at a sigil within last 10 minutes, but at a centralized location so that its easily accessible for the general public to join and help :) very similar to what your fansite does, so I hope once its installed in-game you get a chance to try it out as well :)

stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Kaitlyn Travis
Natalie Travis
Exactly why I apologized ahead of time, there are so many players out there I figured I wasn't the first to think of something like this. (although I had hoped this was original )

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think I like the idea of talking to the barkeeps in the various worlds. That way, if you don't necessarily want to be in Skull Island, you can still help people. Each of them could link to the central interface, no?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I like the idea of having 1 kiosk in each world(with the exception of Valencia and maybe Cool Ranch where I think there should be 2 kiosks, Valencia has 2 parts, Cool Ranch is really big). I think the best location to put the Skull Island kiosk would be across from the Bazaar in front of Pearl And Plunder(current present spawn location).

Let me say one more thing, the Dreadnaught should be banned from being accessed through a team up kiosk. That would make me so mad if I helped take down a Dreadnaught and when the ashes appeared the team up spots filled up immediately with people standing at a team up kiosk waiting for other people to do the work. Don't you see people standing next to a team up kiosk waiting for a Dreadnaught to pop on the list and instantly porting if they weren't banned from doing so?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
I like the idea of having 1 kiosk in each world(with the exception of Valencia and maybe Cool Ranch where I think there should be 2 kiosks, Valencia has 2 parts, Cool Ranch is really big). I think the best location to put the Skull Island kiosk would be across from the Bazaar in front of Pearl And Plunder(current present spawn location).

Let me say one more thing, the Dreadnaught should be banned from being accessed through a team up kiosk. That would make me so mad if I helped take down a Dreadnaught and when the ashes appeared the team up spots filled up immediately with people standing at a team up kiosk waiting for other people to do the work. Don't you see people standing next to a team up kiosk waiting for a Dreadnaught to pop on the list and instantly porting if they weren't banned from doing so?
Dreadnaught should definitely be banned from team-up. Part of the battle IS getting through the ships and blowing open the Dreadnaught. I don't think there's a "team-up" option for the Dreadnaught now. ( or is there? )

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 7, 2017 wrote:
I think I like the idea of talking to the barkeeps in the various worlds. That way, if you don't necessarily want to be in Skull Island, you can still help people. Each of them could link to the central interface, no?

the central interface is the kiosk and near-ish the bazaar is good for sellers and right back to bazaar when done.. though i think its a cute idea having one in each world, its not necessary if it works similar to the one in wizard.. though once the first one is installed adding extras later should be a breeze?

is helpful if each that do make it into the game (whether 1 or 100) if they are near-ish transportalers, thus SI mark, life fountain, and personal choice mark are all still available as well as a door to all other unlocked areas.. love quick ways too <3

stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
gamerman129 on Mar 6, 2017 wrote:
Exactly why I apologized ahead of time, there are so many players out there I figured I wasn't the first to think of something like this. (although I had hoped this was original )
though um (cough) you weren't the original poster/suggester, I for one LOVE how ya think sir ;D he he he

try the search bar for "kiosk" and click box which includes message body..

either way, you did offer a new twist to it and ty for continuing to share your creative thoughts <3

stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
Dreadnaught should definitely be banned from team-up. Part of the battle IS getting through the ships and blowing open the Dreadnaught. I don't think there's a "team-up" option for the Dreadnaught now. ( or is there? )
Currently there is a team up option for the Dreadnaught, which I assume was put into place so that everyone who battles the Dreadnaught can get into the same battle with each other across all the different areas within the realm the Dreadnaught spawned in, much like changing areas when entering the Skull Island docks.

(Could you imagine the lag issues associated with a dozen pirates trying to land their ships onto the exact same dock? I don't think there is even enough room on the dock for the sigils!

But yeah, definitely exclude the Dreadnaught from the kiosk.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
My first idea on the suggestion boards and I already have more people looking at it then I had expected!
I might post some more ideas in the future now that I have this as a bit of a confidence boost. Thank you to all who have taken the time to comment/view this idea.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2008
Definitely think there should be a team-up kiosk like in W101, and I really like the idea of having it be a Mercenaries Wanted bulletin board type set-up. It could be stationed on the backside of Kraken skulls tavern, right in front of the practice PVP arena. Or if we really wanted to centralize it, it could be stationed somewhere in Avery's court, to allow for almost instance access when porting in (Though I'm not sure where it could be placed without looking rather strange). Gamerman129, I like your idea of having them in the taverns across the spiral but I'd agree with Anecorbie here, having it in one well known spot is just easier for the KI team to implement.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Daloris101 on Mar 9, 2017 wrote:
Definitely think there should be a team-up kiosk like in W101, and I really like the idea of having it be a Mercenaries Wanted bulletin board type set-up. It could be stationed on the backside of Kraken skulls tavern, right in front of the practice PVP arena. Or if we really wanted to centralize it, it could be stationed somewhere in Avery's court, to allow for almost instance access when porting in (Though I'm not sure where it could be placed without looking rather strange). Gamerman129, I like your idea of having them in the taverns across the spiral but I'd agree with Anecorbie here, having it in one well known spot is just easier for the KI team to implement.
Not Avery's court. I don't want to lose my life fountain for a team-up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Mar 13, 2017 wrote:
Not Avery's court. I don't want to lose my life fountain for a team-up.
Fiorenza, he's just advocating a central location, not replacing the Life Fountain.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Mar 13, 2017 wrote:
Fiorenza, he's just advocating a central location, not replacing the Life Fountain.
No, I mean I don't want to end up going to Avery's Court and replacing the life fountain I have for that one. I really resent losing my life fountain when I want to go to Bestia. Every. Darned. Time.

Central location is fine. A free transportalator there is fine. Going to Avery's Court and replacing the life fountain I have with one I don't want? Not at all fine.