Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Passing on the Crown

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I just noticed that Anecorbie has now surpassed me in yars (This one DOES go back and forth a bit ) and has also sailed past me in posts. Congratulations Anecorbie for becoming the Message Board Marauders Queen of Verboseness.

*With great ceremony removes highest ranking Pirate Overlord crown and with a VERY proud look places it on the highly favored Anecorbie's head.* Well DONE and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
I just noticed that Anecorbie has now surpassed me in yars (This one DOES go back and forth a bit ) and has also sailed past me in posts. Congratulations Anecorbie for becoming the Message Board Marauders Queen of Verboseness.

*With great ceremony removes highest ranking Pirate Overlord crown and with a VERY proud look places it on the highly favored Anecorbie's head.* Well DONE and I couldn't be more thrilled.
My Dearest Chrissy, without your example ( as well as the example of others ), encouragement and kindness. I wouldn't be here . Thank all of you so very much, because it's was your choice to yar & reply to my posts, so this achievement isn't completely my doing.
So I ask you all, "Go out and spread those yars to the deserving posters of Pirate101's Message Boards!"
* Accepts humbly and gratefully the Tribute from the Grand Mistress of the Message Boards, Does Mary Tyler Moore style hat toss*

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
"Remind me again why we're crawlin' through this sewer."
"Cause she took it out of hiding. It's our big chance to take it."
"Take what?"
"The crown, ye blasted landlubber!"
"So we're down here getting all yucky just cause you want a crown?"
"Did ye try the Crown Shop, heh, heh?"
"Oh, hardy, har, har."
"Don't rest on your laurels, Cap'n."
"Don't make me come over there."
"I an' I still think this not be your best idea, Captain, my Captain."
"And what was my best idea, pray tell?"
"Staying home and having lunch sounds good to me."
"We're almost there. Oomph! Blast, Someone's locked the grate."
"Maybe they knew ye was coming for it, Cap'n."
"Could be, Chrissy's pretty paranoid."
"You sure that it isn't you, Cap'n? Ye be getting a bit confused recently."
"I know, I know, but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you. Yeah, yeah."
"All right, crew, this is it. It'll be like taking cheese from Valkoor."
"Did you ever take cheese from Valkoor?"
"Well, no. But... OK, just listen up, here's the plan."
"We blow it up!"
"No, we don't blow it up. Who said that? Anyway, we rush the ceremony, grab the Crown, and run away."
"That's a plan?"
"That's THE plan."
"I thought blowing things up was THE plan."
"Cap'n, that plan is horrible (not unlike your singing)."
"Besides, if you'd stop overreacting, you might realize that Anecorbie has earned the Crown."
"What, you mean Esperanza? I always get them two confused."
"Maybe if worked a little harder for a few years, you might get a Crown."
"Personally I think he'd look good in a nice tiara."
"Now Cap'n, why don't we crawl back through the sewers and go home and have a hot cup of tea? Doesn't that sound nice?"
"Well, yes, but..."
"No buts, here we go, back the way we came."
"Do we have to fight them crawlies again?"
"Probably."
"Ki-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!"
"Now what did you have to go and do that for?"
"I hadn't had any lines yet."
"There, there, Cap'n. We'll soon have you back in your little bungalow again."

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
My Dearest Chrissy, without your example ( as well as the example of others ), encouragement and kindness. I wouldn't be here . Thank all of you so very much, because it's was your choice to yar & reply to my posts, so this achievement isn't completely my doing.
So I ask you all, "Go out and spread those yars to the deserving posters of Pirate101's Message Boards!"
* Accepts humbly and gratefully the Tribute from the Grand Mistress of the Message Boards, Does Mary Tyler Moore style hat toss*

Well I'll be a Krakens' Uncle I never thought fer the first time ever that some Pirate would surpass our sweet lassie Chrissy, but on that note Amazing Fair Lass! Chrissy be right ye true earned and proved yer prowess as a Marauder on these Boards, and I say this calls fer a Toast *raises Mug in the Air* to the Fair Esperanza, may she Mark her Glory wit the she shows to her Message Board Family and keep going to many more Great Things!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Congrats anecorbie you earned it and as did you Chrissy you both are grand message board pirates and I'll bet you both will be at a tie again soon and passing that crown back and forth to each other for many years to come

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

I got summin in my eye....
You have planted a WONDERFUL mental picture of you and that plumed hat toss. Perfect response.
Hmmmm......"Grand Mistress.........I kinda like the sound of that. Queen Mother isn't bad either.
*Looks VERY proudly at*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
"Remind me again why we're crawlin' through this sewer."
"Cause she took it out of hiding. It's our big chance to take it."
"Take what?"
"The crown, ye blasted landlubber!"
"So we're down here getting all yucky just cause you want a crown?"
"Did ye try the Crown Shop, heh, heh?"
"Oh, hardy, har, har."
"Don't rest on your laurels, Cap'n."
"Don't make me come over there."
"I an' I still think this not be your best idea, Captain, my Captain."
"And what was my best idea, pray tell?"
"Staying home and having lunch sounds good to me."
"We're almost there. Oomph! Blast, Someone's locked the grate."
"Maybe they knew ye was coming for it, Cap'n."
"Could be, Chrissy's pretty paranoid."
"You sure that it isn't you, Cap'n? Ye be getting a bit confused recently."
"I know, I know, but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you. Yeah, yeah."
"All right, crew, this is it. It'll be like taking cheese from Valkoor."
"Did you ever take cheese from Valkoor?"
"Well, no. But... OK, just listen up, here's the plan."
"We blow it up!"
"No, we don't blow it up. Who said that? Anyway, we rush the ceremony, grab the Crown, and run away."
"That's a plan?"
"That's THE plan."
"I thought blowing things up was THE plan."
"Cap'n, that plan is horrible (not unlike your singing)."
"Besides, if you'd stop overreacting, you might realize that Anecorbie has earned the Crown."
"What, you mean Esperanza? I always get them two confused."
"Maybe if worked a little harder for a few years, you might get a Crown."
"Personally I think he'd look good in a nice tiara."
"Now Cap'n, why don't we crawl back through the sewers and go home and have a hot cup of tea? Doesn't that sound nice?"
"Well, yes, but..."
"No buts, here we go, back the way we came."
"Do we have to fight them crawlies again?"
"Probably."
"Ki-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi!"
"Now what did you have to go and do that for?"
"I hadn't had any lines yet."
"There, there, Cap'n. We'll soon have you back in your little bungalow again."
LOL I will never cease to giggle at Underhillistic shenanigans of you and your wonderful crew. Good thing they decided to not try to steal the royal crown. Well, maybe not, Esperanza and I would have LOVED the extra "volunteers" to scrub the poop decks to get ready for the Valentine's Day festivities, as such a scheme would never gotten past our combined 'paranoid' security systems.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
Why not 2 queens?
Hmmm.....Perhaps Queen Mother would work

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
silver swordcoral on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
Congrats anecorbie you earned it and as did you Chrissy you both are grand message board pirates and I'll bet you both will be at a tie again soon and passing that crown back and forth to each other for many years to come
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
jack morgan933 on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
Well I'll be a Krakens' Uncle I never thought fer the first time ever that some Pirate would surpass our sweet lassie Chrissy, but on that note Amazing Fair Lass! Chrissy be right ye true earned and proved yer prowess as a Marauder on these Boards, and I say this calls fer a Toast *raises Mug in the Air* to the Fair Esperanza, may she Mark her Glory wit the she shows to her Message Board Family and keep going to many more Great Things!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan
*Nudges* He not only called me Lassie again but a "Sweet Lassie" Then.......... He calls the new Queen "Fair Lass" Take lessons from this one gents. He KNOWS how to make a lady feel cherished.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
*Nudges* He not only called me Lassie again but a "Sweet Lassie" Then.......... He calls the new Queen "Fair Lass" Take lessons from this one gents. He KNOWS how to make a lady feel cherished.
What can I say me dear Lassie, me mother raised a Gentle Pirate.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

I caught the hat! OMG! I feel like I caught the bouquet at a wedding! I usually just get wine! *runs up gives Esperanza a hug* Three cheers everybody!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
I honestly never thought anyone would surpass the all-mighty Cap'n Chrissy. Congrats, Anecorbie, you broke my expectations in half. (not that that's a bad thing, mind you)

Yum's on me, everyone!

*passes around a bottle o' Yum to everyone and two extra-large glasses to Chrissy and Anecorbie*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheSpiderBozz on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
I honestly never thought anyone would surpass the all-mighty Cap'n Chrissy. Congrats, Anecorbie, you broke my expectations in half. (not that that's a bad thing, mind you)

Yum's on me, everyone!

*passes around a bottle o' Yum to everyone and two extra-large glasses to Chrissy and Anecorbie*
* Toasts all in the tavern. Chugs the Yum. Challenges Chrissy to a game of Darts *

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
"Hmm... Say, how do you think a crown like that would look on me?"

"Jus' like a queen! ...Hang on... why do ye ask?"

"Are you thinkin' what I'm thinking Cap'n?"

"Only if you're thinking how well a crown would look with my new gala gown."

"Wait, Captain... you're not - !"

"O' course she is! Just say the word Cap'n an' we'll have that crown on yer head in no time! YAR!"

"Captain! I an' I must warn you that may not be the best idea..."

"Mormo thinks Captain has enough gold to forge many of her own crowns..."

"I must say, Dragonfly... I am surprised that you would consider stealing from your friends."

"It's just good ol' piratin'... there ain't nothing wrong with that. They're Pirates too after all, so it ain't like they wouldn't understand."

"What is everyone jawing off about? I can't concentrate on my fantasizing with all this commotion... Anyway, lets take a trip to that Valencian jewelry store. There's this beautiful golden tiara that I had my eye on for days now. Let's go and get it while we still can -- PREPARE TO SET SAIL!!"

"................"

"...Why is everyone still standing here? And why are you all looking at me like that?"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hoodoo Mistress on Feb 23, 2017 wrote:
"Hmm... Say, how do you think a crown like that would look on me?"

"Jus' like a queen! ...Hang on... why do ye ask?"

"Are you thinkin' what I'm thinking Cap'n?"

"Only if you're thinking how well a crown would look with my new gala gown."

"Wait, Captain... you're not - !"

"O' course she is! Just say the word Cap'n an' we'll have that crown on yer head in no time! YAR!"

"Captain! I an' I must warn you that may not be the best idea..."

"Mormo thinks Captain has enough gold to forge many of her own crowns..."

"I must say, Dragonfly... I am surprised that you would consider stealing from your friends."

"It's just good ol' piratin'... there ain't nothing wrong with that. They're Pirates too after all, so it ain't like they wouldn't understand."

"What is everyone jawing off about? I can't concentrate on my fantasizing with all this commotion... Anyway, lets take a trip to that Valencian jewelry store. There's this beautiful golden tiara that I had my eye on for days now. Let's go and get it while we still can -- PREPARE TO SET SAIL!!"

"................"

"...Why is everyone still standing here? And why are you all looking at me like that?"
Oh, very well done!

Be warned though, Subodai has his eyes on you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
* Toasts all in the tavern. Chugs the Yum. Challenges Chrissy to a game of Darts *
Slowly pulls beautifully carved box from hidden coat pocket and raises lid to show lovely, hand carved, custom darts.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 23, 2017 wrote:
Slowly pulls beautifully carved box from hidden coat pocket and raises lid to show lovely, hand carved, custom darts.
Backs away slowly and hides behind table

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 23, 2017 wrote:
... I'll accept a good ol' game of darts between you two laddies, as long as there are no holes in the wall (this isn't the Hole in the Wall Tavern, you know!), broken glasses (there are only so many), Yum keg leaks (now that's just a straight-up mess), or injuries in the tush.

Other injuries are fine, but one must never harm another pirate's underside. It's disrespectful, you know!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Our Message boards would not be complete without you two!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
silver swordcoral on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
Backs away slowly and hides behind table
Oh, really? Come now, we're both very accurate. Besides, holes in the yum barrels would be a terrible waste!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 28, 2017 wrote:
Oh, really? Come now, we're both very accurate. Besides, holes in the yum barrels would be a terrible waste!
That's not why I backed away I've never thrown a dart before I know I'd lose if I went up against Chrissy or you anecorbie I just didn't want to be picked out from the crowd