Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Point Blank ? about Pirates Future

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Is Kings Isle working on any major world update for the game Pirate 101?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
And you expect a straight answer to this question? We'll find out when they're ready to tell us. I do notice that Blind Mew has been quiet for a couple months, this indicates to me that he's busy.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
You need to read Blind Mew's message about that, posted last summer:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/so-about-book-15-spoilers-8ad6a4145554b48201557484c41b204e?page=1

Especially this paragraph:

"Go out and recruit new players. We'll keep reaching out as well, but we need your help. Tell your friends how much you like this game. Grassroots evangelizing was a big part of Wizard's success, and it can work for Pirate too. If even half the people reading these words bring in just one player and help them get through the first chapters, so much becomes possible. You want more content, and we want to produce it. The best way to get that content made, and made quickly, is to fill the skies with new ships."

In other words, you want new content, Pirate101 needs new players. No new players, no new content.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Well i guess this got lost due to the holiday so i Once again ask KI the original question

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Well i guess this got lost due to the holiday so i Once again ask KI the original question

I don't know why you've ignored our answers. You should know by now that KI won't tell us what they're working on until its ready, then we'll get hints.
If you get a reply to this from KI confirming anything, I would be thunderstruck!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Krigleblort on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
Since when does KI tell us when they're working on updates? And, more specifically, what they're working on?

Administrator
Krigleblort on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:

Hi Krigleblort! The best I can give you is from our recent Producer's letter: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter/december2016

"Speaking of next year… overall, we’re very pleased with how this one has gone. The Book 15 and Ashes of the Armada updates have been very well received, and it’s got our wheels turning. We’re spinning plans for what’s to come, though I don’t have anything concrete I can share just yet. We’re excited to continue charting our course and sail full speed ahead into next year...."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Thank you One-Eyed Jack for at least some kind of a response

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
Hi Krigleblort! The best I can give you is from our recent Producer's letter: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/producers_letter/december2016

"Speaking of next year… overall, we’re very pleased with how this one has gone. The Book 15 and Ashes of the Armada updates have been very well received, and it’s got our wheels turning. We’re spinning plans for what’s to come, though I don’t have anything concrete I can share just yet. We’re excited to continue charting our course and sail full speed ahead into next year...."
Thanks, One-Eyed Jack.

You know, I had ambitions, hopes, even anticipations on arc 1's planned outcome. I've pondered about the hints, held the excitement, & especially thought a lot about how our ultimate final battle with Kane would've been. Why, I even sent suggestions on evolving P101's combat mechanics & systems, too. Still hope the rushed conclusion will give KI more than enough time to implement them someday.

Even with all the occurrences going on in the past, we finally got things going forward again.

Well, I can only wish that P101 receives a new bundle after so long. The least we also want, among other things, like another continuation to the Moo Manchu story, is some more new secret bosses, or an equivalent to the SK secret boss system in W101, & side challenges, like an equivalent to the Dungeon Zones in W101 I also suggested.

Nevertheless, I'm eager to see plenty more of what KI has in store for P101, and like always, we'll continue to do our best to keep bringing in more people to play both W101 & P101!

I can also hope we'll have some things resolved even before Arc 2 can get a proper conclusion.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Let's be honest here, no one can predict P101's future as it is very unpredictable

Our best tool to reveal the answers is patience

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 6, 2017 wrote:
Let's be honest here, no one can predict P101's future as it is very unpredictable

Our best tool to reveal the answers is patience
I agree with Daruis, although looking at the producers letter we will receive some kind of update this year. If I had to guess we will receive two big updates this year. The first being side content like crafting or something like that. The next one will be a side world, much larger than Valencia 2 but does not initiate the 2nd arc. What the side world will be is anyone's guess

Starting arc 2 is a huge financial commitment for KI and I believe they are still "testing the waters". A successful side world will bring in many more players and put P101 on better financial footing. This will also help ease any concerns with KI leaders and ensure a full commitment for the 2nd arc.

This is my thought process for 2017 but as Daruis mentioned KI likes to surprise everyone.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Considering the size of the P101 team and how long it takes KI to push out updates for their games, I would expect a new world late 2017.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Max DeGroot on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
You need to read Blind Mew's message about that, posted last summer:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-tavern/so-about-book-15-spoilers-8ad6a4145554b48201557484c41b204e?page=1

Especially this paragraph:

"Go out and recruit new players. We'll keep reaching out as well, but we need your help. Tell your friends how much you like this game. Grassroots evangelizing was a big part of Wizard's success, and it can work for Pirate too. If even half the people reading these words bring in just one player and help them get through the first chapters, so much becomes possible. You want more content, and we want to produce it. The best way to get that content made, and made quickly, is to fill the skies with new ships."

In other words, you want new content, Pirate101 needs new players. No new players, no new content.
I had about three friends begin to play Pirate101, and loose interest as soon as they had to pay. I of course, kept going.

Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
I've been wondering this myself again.

When JTC resigned from KI in 2013, they said "we have a clear roadmap of exciting world and system updates for Wizard101 and Pirate101 over the next several years."

I came over to Pirates from Wizards in 2012. I maxed out my character pretty quickly and gave the game a rest, thinking I would give it time to develop. After all, it was a new game, and I only seemed to be about halfway through the storyline, based on how many windstones and pieces of the El Dorado map I had.

I love the game, I spend a few hours a day playing it. And while I do appreciate work the guys at KI put into Pirates, it's a little hard to believe they created half a game 5 years ago, forgot to make the rest of it.

But that's what happened, almost.

The company decided in the meantime to pivot from their MMOs and concentrate on mobile games. When these games cancelled, they lost so much revenue they had to conduct massive layoffs.last year.

Blind Mew says that "El Dorado is still out there," but we need to help pay for that content by recruiting new players. I would suggest that they stick to their bread and butter games, and recruit old players with new content.

How many people stopped playing (and paying) because there is nothing left to do and no where else to go in the game? Went back to Wizards? Bring your loyal fans back and they will bring you new players.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Non temere, i miei compagni di pirati!

As long as people are still able to see what a great game this is, our skyways shall never ever run empty!
But in order for this to happen, we need some good old-fashion creatività! That means fan art, memes, a p101 page dedicated to puns! (Yes I know that's a recipe for disaster, non giudicami)

We need to give people something to see in this game that will make them go, "Wow!"

Soggiorno creativo, pirati!

Fiera a vela amico!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Non temere, i miei compagni di pirati!

As long as people are still able to see what a great game this is, our skyways shall never ever run empty!
But in order for this to happen, we need some good old-fashion creatività! That means fan art, memes, a p101 page dedicated to puns! (Yes I know that's a recipe for disaster, non giudicami)

We need to give people something to see in this game that will make them go, "Wow!"

Soggiorno creativo, pirati!

Fiera a vela amico!!
I applaud your effort to add style to your posts, but please add translations for those of us who do not speak Italian.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Falmea told us to "stay frosty" in her letter so I assume you can expect Polaris to be arriving relatively soon if I'm right. The hint was rather conspicuous I remember Frogfather being a lot more discrete with hints in his letters but because it's in all caps I think stay frosty is a hint.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Feb 18, 2017 wrote:
Falmea told us to "stay frosty" in her letter so I assume you can expect Polaris to be arriving relatively soon if I'm right. The hint was rather conspicuous I remember Frogfather being a lot more discrete with hints in his letters but because it's in all caps I think stay frosty is a hint.
Or it refereed to the "Stay Frosty" badge you could earn during The 12 Days of the Spiral by finding the snowman hidden in the Skyway. If you don't believe me, I can show you my badge.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
Or it refereed to the "Stay Frosty" badge you could earn during The 12 Days of the Spiral by finding the snowman hidden in the Skyway. If you don't believe me, I can show you my badge.
Oh right. I forgot all about that.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Feb 19, 2017 wrote:
Oh right. I forgot all about that.
hands out sno-cones..

stormy jen silver

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I will simply say this. Any new developments in the game will be aimed specifically at attracting new players.

Adding a new world after Valencia would retain old ones, not attract new ones. If there is a new world, it will be parallel to the main story line, much like Grizzleheim or Wysteria on W101. It could be a continuation of the Azteca world, or more threats from the prawns.

But whatever it is, it will be aimed at a different audience than it is now, more likely a younger audience.

I also predict a new joint subscription to come out which will be priced to be slightly cheaper than two separate subscriptions together.