Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Shooty/staffy weapons glitch

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I've been recently playing with shooty/staffy weapons (Absolutely loving these babies!) and I've noticed that their damage output is... Strange.

Whenever my character does a 2 strike animation, the damage dealt will almost be the full damage capable of the weapon followed by nothing.

EG: -313, -0 (Mega hit).

Am I right in assuming that in the example above the correct damage output should be;

-155, -158

I think that the damage calculation works as it should regardless, however from a cosmetic perspective it irks me to see my musketeer shoot twice and only hit the target once. Time and time again.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
King Crimson on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
I've been recently playing with shooty/staffy weapons (Absolutely loving these babies!) and I've noticed that their damage output is... Strange.

Whenever my character does a 2 strike animation, the damage dealt will almost be the full damage capable of the weapon followed by nothing.

EG: -313, -0 (Mega hit).

Am I right in assuming that in the example above the correct damage output should be;

-155, -158

I think that the damage calculation works as it should regardless, however from a cosmetic perspective it irks me to see my musketeer shoot twice and only hit the target once. Time and time again.
Right, I noticed it too.

There's also the same problem when you summon Orthus, his follow through does 0 sometimes too.

Ensign
Jul 13, 2016
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
If you have Spirit Sight as one of your Talents (adds 1 to sight range) and the enemy moves within 4 spaces of you (most of your sight range is 3), it will trigger Readied Spell. If you have a combo weapon (ie staffy/shooty), you will get a 0 for damage for your gun since the enemy is out of range unless it is a special gun with a longer range (usually the range on a gun is 3). So check how much range you have on both your weapons.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 10, 2016 wrote:
If you have Spirit Sight as one of your Talents (adds 1 to sight range) and the enemy moves within 4 spaces of you (most of your sight range is 3), it will trigger Readied Spell. If you have a combo weapon (ie staffy/shooty), you will get a 0 for damage for your gun since the enemy is out of range unless it is a special gun with a longer range (usually the range on a gun is 3). So check how much range you have on both your weapons.
This makes sense in theory, however I don't think that this is the case as I've had this glitch happen with an enemy standing 2 squares away from my musketeer with the Staff of Power, which should be the farthest away these weapon types can hit without needing class specific range boosts.