Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Marleybone main companions: rushed promotions?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 09, 2014
Concerning the Marleybone companions: Catbeard, Gracie Conrad. (promo at level 70)
I feel they didn't get much to show for a cool storyline character. It felt as if they could have done more without a pay to promote, so that it promotes them and leaves them alone. I felt that we could've done something else in Marleybone. Especially since Catbeard is one of the eight on Pollo's crew. I felt there could've been a real cool side story to promote him with.

Thats just my take. But then again, I have an obsession with marleybone.
-Level 70 Sly Justin Young

P.S. Is handsome dan going to be getting another promotion as well. Since he will start to be under-powered if he doesn't. (please give him rally)

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I also think its fun to learn a little back story from the companion promotions. I hope there is more story in the future.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Sly Justin Young on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Concerning the Marleybone companions: Catbeard, Gracie Conrad. (promo at level 70)
I feel they didn't get much to show for a cool storyline character. It felt as if they could have done more without a pay to promote, so that it promotes them and leaves them alone. I felt that we could've done something else in Marleybone. Especially since Catbeard is one of the eight on Pollo's crew. I felt there could've been a real cool side story to promote him with.

Thats just my take. But then again, I have an obsession with marleybone.
-Level 70 Sly Justin Young

P.S. Is handsome dan going to be getting another promotion as well. Since he will start to be under-powered if he doesn't. (please give him rally)
Yeah it does feel that Catbeard's and Gracie's promotions were kinda rushed, after all both have important speaking parts in the game and as you pointed out Catbeard was one of the 8 on Pollo's crew. In my opinion it would have been better not to give them a promotion yet at all then to give a payed promotion. After all pretty much no other speaking companions have a payed promotion.

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
I believe Blind Mew stated that he might've wanted to give them quests, but the resources involved meant they couldn't. He did confirm that companions who already have promotion quests would get more, and he may be able to add more in the future.