Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Davy Jones?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
I would love to see a Davy Jones companion. Because you would likely recruit him in a future world, I am guessing he would be in the level 80 range. This would be his stats.

Davy Jones

Health- 3245
Attack- 436
Dodge- 189
Accuracy- 175
Armor- 80
Magic Resist- 65
Spell Power- 300

Epic Choices
  • Relentless 1 / 2 / 3
  • Blade Storm 1 / 2 / 3
  • Riposte 1 / 2 / 3
  • First Strike 1 / 2 / 3

Comes With: The Kraken! (300 damage and summon Kraken minion) . Super Hit . Pirate 3 .

Ensign
May 01, 2012
I think that in general we could use a "Davy Jones" entity. People keep using him as a threat, so where is he? What does he do? Is he good or evil?

I would love to see him has a companion, probably a buccaneer with the ability to be built similarly to either Captain Hande or Dead Mike. Of course, he would have to be a pain to get on our crew, being one of the overseers of the dead, and we'd probably duel with him before anything ever happened.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Weather Man on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
I would love to see a Davy Jones companion. Because you would likely recruit him in a future world, I am guessing he would be in the level 80 range. This would be his stats.

Davy Jones

Health- 3245
Attack- 436
Dodge- 189
Accuracy- 175
Armor- 80
Magic Resist- 65
Spell Power- 300

Epic Choices
  • Relentless 1 / 2 / 3
  • Blade Storm 1 / 2 / 3
  • Riposte 1 / 2 / 3
  • First Strike 1 / 2 / 3

Comes With: The Kraken! (300 damage and summon Kraken minion) . Super Hit . Pirate 3 .
The "Davy Jones" character you're referring to is a copyright character belonging to Disney.
Historically, Davy Jones ( and his locker ) was a mythical character who claimed the bodies of dead seaman.
And this name is available in Pirate101 as a name for your pirate.
The stats you have given him are OP by all definition.

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
Anecorbie, I see you have 5000 posts. I like the fact that you are also talking with other players. But, I don't like the fact that you are always arguing with me. I forgot to include how many epic choices you can pick for Davy Jones. The answer is six. He is not over powered. The only adjustment that is needed is his health. Which will instead be 2450.

Sincerely, Fiery Orion Ironside (Lvl 70 )
AKA: Weather Man

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Ensign
May 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
The "Davy Jones" character you're referring to is a copyright character belonging to Disney.
Historically, Davy Jones ( and his locker ) was a mythical character who claimed the bodies of dead seaman.
And this name is available in Pirate101 as a name for your pirate.
The stats you have given him are OP by all definition.
I, personally, was thinking of the mythical version, as I know that KI cannot violate copyright and use my favorite squid-faced demon of the deep.

That being said... I don't think the stats are all that OP if you scale the typical Buccaneer companion to Level 80, as stated in the first comment. The stats are likely an estimate of what he thinks the standard will look like at Level 80, I'm sure he wasn't trying to make an absolute beast... Although maybe he was.

But you gotta agree, for a lotta talk about Davy Jones and his locker, we're bound to run into him some time or later. Maybe he'll be a re-skin of the Captain Blood model (always wanted him as a companion), a skeleton that roams the sea stealing the souls of those that come for his piece of the map to El Dorado!

Wait, never mind, they got rid of that...

So those that come near his territory, and he forces them into his ghastly fleet for all eternity! Muahahaha!

"Tell me, do ya fear death?" ~ A quote that will NOT be used if added for Davy Jones

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Weather Man on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
Anecorbie, I see you have 5000 posts. I like the fact that you are also talking with other players. But, I don't like the fact that you are always arguing with me. I forgot to include how many epic choices you can pick for Davy Jones. The answer is six. He is not over powered. The only adjustment that is needed is his health. Which will instead be 2450.

Sincerely, Fiery Orion Ironside (Lvl 70 )
AKA: Weather Man
My remarks in this thread against your "Davy Jones" character aren't personal. I merely pointed out you based him on and used a name that would be recognized by anyone who had seen the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series of films. He is a copyrighted character and KI would be courting law suits if they would use him. ( You'll notice that there is no Jack Sparrow or Elizabeth Swann characters, nor are these names available in game. )
I also pointed out the origin of the name "Davy Jones", how is this an argument?
Except for Old Scratch & Gracie Conrad, what other companion has a summons? And in this game, summons are very weak.
His dodge is better than some SB dodge ability.
His attack is too strong.
His accuracy is too high and so is his spell power.
You don't mention his class - is he a Witchdoctor, Buccaneer or Swashbuckler? You need to chose a class and balance him.
And please give him a different name.

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
Black Beard (Kraken Worshiper) Level 80

Health: 2215
Attack: 340
Dodge: 122
Accuracy: 110
Armor: 30
Magic Resist: 30
Spell Power: 240

(Choice of 6 Epics)
Relentless 1 / 2
Blade Storm 1 / 2 / 3
Riposte 1 / 2
Vengeance Strike 1 / 2 / 3

Mini Kraken (Summon)

Health: 1450
Attack: 85-120
Dodge: 60
Accuracy: 45
Armor: 40
Magic Resist: 20
Spell Power: 10

Relentless 1
Riposte 1

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
This could, theoretically, work, but you know how Pirate101 and Wizard101 are always turning the names of myths and people, real or not, into puns? Well, maybe they could make Davy Bones, which would be closer to the real myth, not the pirates of the Caribbean version of him. He would, of course, be a skeleton, and his role would be better suited as a boss, since he is evil in the myths. He would most likely be a boss in Celestia, since it is underwater, or any other world in an underwater segment. It could be that he is sinking ships in an area you need to go through, so you have to stop him before you go.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
The Weather Man on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
Black Beard (Kraken Worshiper) Level 80

Health: 2215
Attack: 340
Dodge: 122
Accuracy: 110
Armor: 30
Magic Resist: 30
Spell Power: 240

(Choice of 6 Epics)