Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tedious Traveling

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 23, 2009
My friend and I recently returned to Pirate101, we've played Wizard101 since launch, and we really love both games. We're currently close to max level and this is the farthest we've ever gotten in the game. I should also add that this is our first run through in the game and like WIzard101, intend to have one Character of each class.

But HOLY RAVEN MOTHER OF DARKNESS AND ALL THINGS EVIL!!!! Why, even as members, with mounts, I have never seen ANY game with this much tedious traveling in my life.

The game needs more easier way of traveling within areas, and the Skull Island button is completely useless since we already have a HOME button.

Game needs a refining update, and area teleporters would be a perfect start.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
SlingerFem on Apr 5, 2020 wrote:
My friend and I recently returned to Pirate101, we've played Wizard101 since launch, and we really love both games. We're currently close to max level and this is the farthest we've ever gotten in the game. I should also add that this is our first run through in the game and like WIzard101, intend to have one Character of each class.

But HOLY RAVEN MOTHER OF DARKNESS AND ALL THINGS EVIL!!!! Why, even as members, with mounts, I have never seen ANY game with this much tedious traveling in my life.

The game needs more easier way of traveling within areas, and the Skull Island button is completely useless since we already have a HOME button.

Hello there, Slingerfem! Perhaps you haven't noticed the Transportalaters yet?

The Transportalaters are Kroks in each world, located in the main hub areas. By paying them a small fee, you can hop from world to world as you wish! Usually the fee is Crowns, but if you're a paying member, you can spend Gold.

Also, welcome to these message boards! You may recognize me from the Wizard boards, but I'm active here too. Feel free to ask anything you have questions about!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

There are transportalators available in every world. Yes, it will cost you ( 1k gold for members & 100 crowns for FtP ).
But you have to realize that we're not wizards. We have ships for a reason, that's part of being a pirate.
I've played this game from slightly before launch until now and have enjoyed most of the traveling I've done between and in worlds. In the old days we didn't have the transporalators or be able to leave a mark, so KI has taken the time to make traveling easier.
The artists of KI are second to none for the breath-taking landscapes we can view. I feel very sorry for wizards because they don't get to see this beauty.
BTW, in Cool Ranch you can use the stagecoach, it cuts down on that tedious traveling in that largest of P101 worlds. And it's cheap at 15 gold per use

* Ship emoji here *

SHIPS FOREVER!!!

Admiral
May 30, 2010

There are some, and the stagecoach helps when you get to Cool Ranch. If you don't mind spending crowns (or gold, if you're a member) then the transportalator is a big help.

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020

it's mainly skull island that has this problem with the amounts of tunnels to shuffle through

and with 1 mark character, it gets tedious.

i remember cool ranch in 2012 before stagecoach and before ports, haunted skyway took about 6-10 hours to complete then, thanks to the ship nerfs + stagecoach and marks, it takes about 2-3 now

Ensign
Aug 14, 2010
Um Player who's been playing Pirate from the start here, there is a teleporting system in major areas if ya know where to look, its the Krok fella! if your willing to spend a few gold (crowns if non member) he will take you to a major area of the world you want to go!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
The travel system is so much better than it used to be! At first we didn't have the transportators so you had to go through the spiral thread to get to any world you wanted. Cool Ranch also now has the stage coach that gets you to the different areas in an instant! Would I be against having more of these stage coaches in different world? NO that would be a welcomed change but just know this is transportation at its best right now!

Ensign
Sep 23, 2009
I'm fully aware of the World Teleporters and yes those are extremely useful, being a member with no shortage of Gold, this is not the issue. So far, the Buffalo Chicken world is the only one i see with AREA teleporters (the carriages), it was tedious but bearable, and once I got to Mooshu, I couldnt stop complaining

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SlingerFem on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
I'm fully aware of the World Teleporters and yes those are extremely useful, being a member with no shortage of Gold, this is not the issue. So far, the Buffalo Chicken world is the only one i see with AREA teleporters (the carriages), it was tedious but bearable, and once I got to Mooshu, I couldnt stop complaining
Traveling through MooShu doesn't take a huge amount of time. I know this because, I've timed just how long it takes to get from one dock to another.
See the post: "Needs". for the times. In many cases the longest amount of time was still under 2 minutes.