Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How much we be spendin here?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 14, 2010
Hello everyone! this is the little boi that goes by Pirate Lord Omega in the twitch chat! and I am here to talk about crown shop items to usd, why because a friend was saying Ki was making us pay to much when it came to the crown shop so lets begin.

The new "Giant panda" mount costs 18 usd (9000 crowns)

The Apirl fools ball n chain costed 3.5 usd

the crystal horse for the buccaneer is 13 usd (6500 Crowns)

the six pack O porters costs 19.99 usd, the normal cost when it comes to indie games on steam (9995 crowns)

the haunted galleon is 10 usd (5000 crowns and we be talkin all versions here)

All the booster packs that give companions are 0.80 usd (399 crowns)

and that's about as much I am willing to cover in costs right now, but I will leave this if you want to add: 500 crowns is equal to 1 usd, you make 100 crowns a day on the ki quizzes your basically getting 2 dimes a day if your going the ki quiz route of playing the game.

(Insert ship emoji)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lord Paul Keeler on Mar 28, 2020 wrote:
Hello everyone! this is the little boi that goes by Pirate Lord Omega in the twitch chat! and I am here to talk about crown shop items to usd, why because a friend was saying Ki was making us pay to much when it came to the crown shop so lets begin.

The new "Giant panda" mount costs 18 usd (9000 crowns)

The Apirl fools ball n chain costed 3.5 usd

the crystal horse for the buccaneer is 13 usd (6500 Crowns)

the six pack O porters costs 19.99 usd, the normal cost when it comes to indie games on steam (9995 crowns)

the haunted galleon is 10 usd (5000 crowns and we be talkin all versions here)

All the booster packs that give companions are 0.80 usd (399 crowns)

and that's about as much I am willing to cover in costs right now, but I will leave this if you want to add: 500 crowns is equal to 1 usd, you make 100 crowns a day on the ki quizzes your basically getting 2 dimes a day if your going the ki quiz route of playing the game.

(Insert ship emoji)
I find that crown shop items aren't cheap; but neither are they completely out of reach for most players. As to mounts, KI does have sales when an especially expensive mount can be had for much less ( even up to 50% off)! BTW, that panda isn't the most expensive mount, the Aquilan Pegasus is ( 10,000 crowns ) and it must be unlocked through a quest .
KI also has other sales for packs, house items ( teleporters and such ) companions and free giveaways occurring through out the year, especially during Christmas & Christmas in July.
Being a smart shopper will get you more bang for your bucks.
I only do the trivia when I want to stitch or change my flag, but really determined players can get quite a lot out of that "mere" 100 crowns/20 cents a day.

* Ship or treasure chest emoji placed here. *

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I mean if you want comparison there are people who offer to sell their accounts at 500 dollars. And that isn't a high estimate for what they have on it.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 30, 2020 wrote:
I find that crown shop items aren't cheap; but neither are they completely out of reach for most players. As to mounts, KI does have sales when an especially expensive mount can be had for much less ( even up to 50% off)! BTW, that panda isn't the most expensive mount, the Aquilan Pegasus is ( 10,000 crowns ) and it must be unlocked through a quest .
KI also has other sales for packs, house items ( teleporters and such ) companions and free giveaways occurring through out the year, especially during Christmas & Christmas in July.
Being a smart shopper will get you more bang for your bucks.
I only do the trivia when I want to stitch or change my flag, but really determined players can get quite a lot out of that "mere" 100 crowns/20 cents a day.

* Ship or treasure chest emoji placed here. *
When you really think about it, you could get an entire new game from just the cost of certain bundles. Like the Empire bundle. That thing is 39 dollars. I could get some pretty good games with that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
When you really think about it, you could get an entire new game from just the cost of certain bundles. Like the Empire bundle. That thing is 39 dollars. I could get some pretty good games with that.
Bundles aren't Crown Shop items. And KI does have sales for bundles, so wait for that.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
Bundles aren't Crown Shop items. And KI does have sales for bundles, so wait for that.
Alright well what about packs? People have spent well over 200 dollars on just packs and gotten no companions. 200 dollars. Do you know what you could get for 200 dollars, Anecorbie?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Apr 28, 2020 wrote:
Alright well what about packs? People have spent well over 200 dollars on just packs and gotten no companions. 200 dollars. Do you know what you could get for 200 dollars, Anecorbie?
No need to be sarcastic, I know very well what $200 dollars can provide. I know that players will spend quite a lot for a pack companion, mostly because other players talk about how "op" they are; but those packs aren't expensive - it's the multiple buying that adds up.

In any case , it's their money - it's up to them to decide what to spend it on. This argument is going no where.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 29, 2020 wrote:
No need to be sarcastic, I know very well what $200 dollars can provide. I know that players will spend quite a lot for a pack companion, mostly because other players talk about how "op" they are; but those packs aren't expensive - it's the multiple buying that adds up.

In any case , it's their money - it's up to them to decide what to spend it on. This argument is going no where.
I just think that maybe KI could tone down the price a little bit. They'll be reaching an "EA" level of money spending pretty soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Apr 30, 2020 wrote:
I just think that maybe KI could tone down the price a little bit. They'll be reaching an "EA" level of money spending pretty soon.
"EA", what's that? Excessive Amount? Lol.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 30, 2020 wrote:
"EA", what's that? Excessive Amount? Lol.
EA, Electronic Arts, is notorious for having ridiculous in game prices. For example, in Battlefront II, it was over 2100 dollars to get every single character with money. If you wanted to get them all fairly, it would take over 7700 hours.