Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

You've heard this before

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wizard101 is now celebrating "Friendship Festival" with a NEW PACK! Where's OUR celebration? Come on, we keep hearing how much KI "loooves" this game. Well, I say: PROVE IT!!!
We know now that KI can make packs for both games, so why not a friendship pack for us?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Plus a plethora of new items, including yet another interactive house item. We get anything new? Nope, it's all from last year or more.

Not very "friendly" to us pirates....No real reason for me to buy crowns.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 6, 2020 wrote:
Wizard101 is now celebrating "Friendship Festival" with a NEW PACK! Where's OUR celebration? Come on, we keep hearing how much KI "loooves" this game. Well, I say: PROVE IT!!!
We know now that KI can make packs for both games, so why not a friendship pack for us?
Hey! You can get the same pet and/or mount as you got last year (and the year before, and the year before...) and be grateful!

I only wish that was sarcasm.

For a game they claim to love, they sure don't seem to like us very much...

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
Not surprising of course! Call it the quintessential cherry on top of the metaphorical neglect milkshake they've been serving us without respite these past 4 years (or a few years further than that even, if you consider the lengthy wait between Aquila and Valencia Pt 2)! I hate to dish out the cynical sarcasm, but put in a pathetic, laughable context like this its just too hard to resist. I mean seriously, for players like us who've been in limbo all this time hoping for some new content, the most exciting piratin' we get treated to is when KI pulls 80 bucks out our bank accounts and re-allocates it to Wiz! I'm glad the folks over at Wiz are enjoying their "Friendship Festival", really, I just had hoped our money could buy us something more than disappointment and "maybes"

By the way this is Captain Blaze Hunter, idk if you remember me from earlier on (2014/15 i think, "Your Hardest Battle")

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
destinyxarrives on Feb 10, 2020 wrote:
Not surprising of course! Call it the quintessential cherry on top of the metaphorical neglect milkshake they've been serving us without respite these past 4 years (or a few years further than that even, if you consider the lengthy wait between Aquila and Valencia Pt 2)! I hate to dish out the cynical sarcasm, but put in a pathetic, laughable context like this its just too hard to resist. I mean seriously, for players like us who've been in limbo all this time hoping for some new content, the most exciting piratin' we get treated to is when KI pulls 80 bucks out our bank accounts and re-allocates it to Wiz! I'm glad the folks over at Wiz are enjoying their "Friendship Festival", really, I just had hoped our money could buy us something more than disappointment and "maybes"

By the way this is Captain Blaze Hunter, idk if you remember me from earlier on (2014/15 i think, "Your Hardest Battle")
Of course I remember you, I think you're on my "friends list" and you did a few Smuggler's Arena runs with me.

Even though this recent pack for W101 is different from their usual packs; I sure would have been over-joyed to see the same pack here.
C'mon, KI they're nothing but wall art! We could easily have the same.
What is the difficulty of giving us an interactive house item? We already have the Patriotic Music player and from many years ago the Poppy display that played a recording of: "In Flanders Field".
I know that KI has the talent and ability to do this!

Broken hearted yet again.....

Ensign
Apr 08, 2017
Such a shame that we don't get anything special, once again. They should show us some proof if they really love this game, because obviously it doesn't seem like they do, since we get the same stuff every year and small updates. It's so sad.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Those emoji wall hangings could surely have been ported over to us as well, couldn't they? It's not like a decoration hangs differently on a pirate's wall vs a wizard's wall. And think of how pathetically grateful we'd have been for even that much attention. KI is really missing the boat here with simple things that would at least reduce the feeling like an unwanted red-headed stepchild.

Ensign
Jun 07, 2010
Yeah, they're slacking on this game, even with Wizard, too, but even if they added these *crowns only* items to the crown shop, it isn't gonna make me buy it, cause the game is abandoned.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
From Falmea's December Producer's Letter:

As always, we cannot thank our dedicated Pirate community enough. We’re excited for the year to come and can’t wait to sail the Skyways again with you.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Halloween Chick on Feb 13, 2020 wrote:

As always, we cannot thank our dedicated Pirate community enough. We’re excited for the year to come and can’t wait to sail the Skyways again with you.

Clearly, said sailing has been delayed...

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Do you reckon she meant "can't wait" or "can't be bothered"?

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Pirate101 has a TON of potential, they just need to get some updates going.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
I'm still disappointed in how much potential Pirate101 has and how little it is being used.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Feb 15, 2020 wrote:
Do you reckon she meant "can't wait" or "can't be bothered"?
Let's just assume its the latter.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011

I love the fact that after years of giving good suggestions and having hope we just get a small letter addressing actual problems.

Ensign
Dec 20, 2012
I put this on the wizard message boards but I want to put this here too:
Your Wizard friends have your back. I want this game to continue just as much as anyone else, and I am concerned that we are getting too much in comparison to Pirate. I've always wanted to get into this game but I don't see the reason to if it's just going to go downhill from here. I would ask KI to consider giving some of the packs, resources, etc. that W101 recieves to P101. That doesn't mean a complete halt, but this friendship festival, for example, could've gone to P101. Not many Wizard players would grumble (and none should). It's honestly just not that hard. I've seen Wizards grumbling online about how it seems like we're getting a deluge that seems overly priced, not able to use, and simply extra. I'm not saying that we should pawn the bad stuff off on P101, but at least give them something. Even little things would help at this point. Please, KI, hear us. Wizards are fine. We don't need this stuff right now. Pirate does. (again, anecorbie I feel bad for my post on Wizard that it might've been too harsh. I'm grateful for all the effort you put in on this front! I want to support that! )

A concerned Wizard,
Cheyenne StormHunter (level 130 Storm)
Stormy Cheyenne Poole (level 10)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DreamGalleon21154 on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
I put this on the wizard message boards but I want to put this here too:
Your Wizard friends have your back. I want this game to continue just as much as anyone else, and I am concerned that we are getting too much in comparison to Pirate. I've always wanted to get into this game but I don't see the reason to if it's just going to go downhill from here. I would ask KI to consider giving some of the packs, resources, etc. that W101 recieves to P101. That doesn't mean a complete halt, but this friendship festival, for example, could've gone to P101. Not many Wizard players would grumble (and none should). It's honestly just not that hard. I've seen Wizards grumbling online about how it seems like we're getting a deluge that seems overly priced, not able to use, and simply extra. I'm not saying that we should pawn the bad stuff off on P101, but at least give them something. Even little things would help at this point. Please, KI, hear us. Wizards are fine. We don't need this stuff right now. Pirate does. (again, anecorbie I feel bad for my post on Wizard that it might've been too harsh. I'm grateful for all the effort you put in on this front! I want to support that! )

A concerned Wizard,
Cheyenne StormHunter (level 130 Storm)
Stormy Cheyenne Poole (level 10)
Although I also play W101, my love is given to P101. Thank you so much in giving a true wizard perspective; I was beginning to wonder if those who played W101 exclusively knew about us ( or if they did ) would care.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
Although I also play W101, my love is given to P101. Thank you so much in giving a true wizard perspective; I was beginning to wonder if those who played W101 exclusively knew about us ( or if they did ) would care.
They say the main way to really to know when we can effect change is when those who aren't directly concerned by an issue feel morally obligated to speak up.

As someone who once happily played both Wizards and Pirates -- 100% because of the whimsical family-friendly aspect of both games, the fun wordplay and engaging story lines -- it could be that the ongoing injustice suffered by Pirate101 players, coupled with the absolute glut of content (much of which doesn't appeal to me) that's been poured into Wizard101 in the past few years will simply tip me off the edge.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
I quit play Wizard 101 about a year ago. I used to be an avid player and was what some would call a whale. But not only did I pay crowns for my own betterment, I enjoyed randomly giving out packs and mounts just to help make someone's day a little brighter. I then moved to playing both Wizard and Pirate and had at one time 10 accounts between the 2 games. I'm now down to one account on PIrate and am now leveling my fifth pirate. I have one more and then i will be done with KI.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
So many of my childhood games are dying off...P101 included. It's teaching me about growing up but that's the only "Advantage" here. I just miss the days of 2012-2013 when we were all excited for updates to the game, the population of the game was booming and people were switching between playing Minecraft and P101, or both at the same time. Those were the days that everyone made pixel art of the Scott Pilgrim game in their Minecraft worlds while listening to "Mineturtle" by the living tombstone and etc. It's a shame it didn't work out like that forever, but I hope one day P101's population is boosted again.

I honestly just wanna get a job at Kingsisle and make a new world myself rn.